Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 08-28-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Nessaholiclover1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Red 1992 Nissan 240sx Hatchback 5 speed. Sold sold sold

Hello everyone, here I have a wonderful fun little car for sale. This is a 1992 Nissan 240sx. This car was picked up from San Francisco as automatic. When we drove it from there to here LA, we decided to swap to a 5 speed transmission. It was done by some company in Santa Ana and they charged us $1500 for the full swap using OEM parts. Despite the motor having 204k miles, this has been the healthiest most strongest stock motor I have ever come across. Everyone has has test driven it says the same. I'm positive that this car has been well maintained and taken car of properly. I've the course of it in my posession, I just switched the cluster lights to LED using AGT bulbs. Everything else has been maintained stock. The front seats do need to be swapped out since they look pretty ugly in its current condition. The dash has two or 3 cracks. The headlamps do not retract at the moment but that's an easy fix, the issue is the headlamp switch needs to be replaced near the steering wheel. The rear wiper hose needs a valve so that it doesn't leak when pushing water through (easy fix) and maybe one or two tail lamp lights are burnt out. The wheels have a locking nut and that key broke, so buying a new one should be able to solve the problem, easy fix ($25). A/c works super cold, transmission and motor are strong without a problem. This car will be reliable for a pretty decent amount of time. The reason for sale is well I purchased another red one but that is original 5 speed with less miles. No need for two red 240's lol. I swapped out the parts that I wanted/needed. So all in all, this red car for sale has a different colored red driver's side fender, hood, and front bumper (please refer to pics for difference). The hood had a rusted out hinge so we took it out as it was no good one needs to be purchased. Price is $old to start, price is very negotiable and traded are also welcomed. If you do not agree with my price please suggest a price and I will refer you to some 240's currently on sale for your price so that you may purchase that car . You may test out the car for a small fee. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Last edited by Nessaholiclover1; 12-21-2017 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: Vehicle sold
Nessaholiclover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2017, 10:48 PM   #2
Siberian Husky
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Siberian Husky is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Im the last guy to shit on a thread, and let me say right off the bat that this 240sx is a great example and looks well cared for, however I can site a few 240's right now that are asking what you are asking but are in better condition with overall appearance and comprehensive records.

Lastly, test the car out for a fee? Stop. Not even stealerships do that. Great ad. Solid pictures and description, but relax man, its just another semi-beat S-chassis.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:35 PM   #3
6666S13

Trader Rating: (0)
6666S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you're interested in parting the car out I will gladly take all the trunk liner and carpets off your hands. Local pick up as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
6666S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:44 PM   #4
240russ

240russ is an unknown quantity at this point
very clean car no doubt but youre asking a little over a thousand too much, you paid a little to much for that 5 speed swap as well
240russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #5
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240russ View Post
very clean car no doubt but youre asking a little over a thousand too much, you paid a little to much for that 5 speed swap as well
Price is very negotiable
Old 08-30-2017, 11:40 PM   #6
sergio40sx

sergio40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Trade offer

will you take a trade for a lowered 79 Datsun 620 King Cab?
sergio40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:39 AM   #7
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio40sx View Post
will you take a trade for a lowered 79 Datsun 620 King Cab?
No but thank you for the offer.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:19 PM   #8
daveyyy

daveyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you pm me your phone number? Im interested
daveyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:26 PM   #9
Karstondh

Karstondh is an unknown quantity at this point
"Test the car for a small fee"

that is funny

Last edited by Karstondh; 01-28-2024 at 09:48 PM..
Karstondh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:52 PM   #10
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyyy View Post
Can you pm me your phone number? Im interested
Private message me please
Old 10-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #11
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Bump I just drove this car, it drives amazing!!! Lots of torque and power!! Offers welcomed don't be alarmed by my starting price
Old 12-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #12
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Bumpskies, entertaining trades also
Old 12-03-2017, 10:28 PM   #13
Sk33zy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Sk33zy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dam this thing is nice, I really want a hatch but that price tho, would u be willing to trade for a s14 with cash on your end?
Sk33zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #14
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk33zy View Post
Dam this thing is nice, I really want a hatch but that price tho, would u be willing to trade for a s14 with cash on your end?
Everyone seems to complain about the price when I stated the price is very negotiable. It's really just meant to weed out the time wasters and low ballers. I would trade for an s14 but I like stock cars. No modified cars, so if you have a FS thread anywhere send me a link via pm, or send me pics via pm. But if it's modified then no thank you haha😅 I actually drove this car today for about 2hrs, car has a lot of power and the AC blows blizzard cold.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:26 AM   #15
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
This is gonna be a hard sale, man. The red is a selling point for sure but a lot of stuff around that point isn't so great. GLWS.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:42 AM   #16
Freivo34

Freivo34 is an unknown quantity at this point
You should just delete this post. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay you to let them test drive a stock beat 240sx, no matter how many times you say it has “lots of torque”.
Freivo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #17
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freivo34 View Post
You should just delete this post. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay you to let them test drive a stock beat 240sx, no matter how many times you say it has “lots of torque”.
Quite contrary to what you believe, serious potential buyers don't mind paying $1-$5 for a test drive. Why should I pay for your fuel to test out the car? $1-$5 is a meaningless fee compared to the price of the car sale. If you complain about a small fee, then as a seller I see you as someone who will never make a serious fair offer because money is an issue for you. I am not a dealership that has insurance for various strangers testing the car out if you end up crashing it. I cannot finance or produce the value of the car on the spot. Also charging the small fee avoids tons of little kids with the type of mentality you have. They just want to drive the car hard and grind gears thinking they know how to drive a stick shift car. I am a private owner who can't afford to lose this car if a tester ends up crashing it. You want to test drive it, you pay for the fuel. It's fair dude. Also keep in mind this is a 25 year old car, so this car is something you want, not something you need, and you complain about fees, which in this case is minimal? Lol go buy yourself a Camry or civic
Old 12-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #18
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
This is gonna be a hard sale, man. The red is a selling point for sure but a lot of stuff around that point isn't so great. GLWS.
Thanks, yes I know it will be a hard sale. But im in no rush to sell either. Could take a year to sell the car
Old 12-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #19
Freivo34

Freivo34 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man, if you can sell this more power to you. I’m not bashing you, I’m just trying to let you know that trying to nickel and dime a potential buyer is going to scare people off. It just seems very immature that you demand gas money for a test drive lol.
Freivo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:24 AM   #20
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freivo34 View Post
hey man, if you can sell this more power to you. I’m not bashing you, I’m just trying to let you know that trying to nickel and dime a potential buyer is going to scare people off. It just seems very immature that you demand gas money for a test drive lol.
Well that's your opinion, and this isn't an opinions thread. This is a for sale thread, unless you are wanting to buy it there really isn't anything you can contribute to my sale. Perhaps you should have directed your initial comment differently and I would have responded different. You see it immature, i see it as seller protection. To be very honest with you, I already know the type of buyer I am aiming for. Sadly the 240 community is consumed by little kids so it will be a hard sale for me nonetheless. Well let's move along, car is still for sale.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #21
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Crazy how times have changed. I bought the exact same car in 04, in better shape, immaculate interior and 83k on the odometer for $1500.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #22
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Crazy how times have changed. I bought the exact same car in 04, in better shape, immaculate interior and 83k on the odometer for $1500.
I agree that times have changed but that has a lot to do with uninformed people thinking a stock 240sx is a unicorn of some sort. The drift tax has gotten out of hand, KBB values a perfect condition S13 at $1600. Perfect example this dude started trying to sell his "brand new" 1997 240sx with 675 actual miles for $120k 6 months ago. He has dropped it to 28k since then but still the guy is delirious.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/c...376471565.html

Free bump for the seller glws.
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:25 PM   #23
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'll pay 3000 if you put the matching paint front panels back on lol. Figuring those got put on your other car.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #24
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I'll pay 3000 if you put the matching paint front panels back on lol. Figuring those got put on your other car.
That seems like an honest offer but I can't put on the other matching fenders
Old 12-04-2017, 07:39 PM   #25
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hmm. Still would be tempted. Powersteering leaks? Cruise control working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:39 PM   #26
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
I agree that times have changed but that has a lot to do with uninformed people thinking a stock 240sx is a unicorn of some sort. The drift tax has gotten out of hand, KBB values a perfect condition S13 at $1600. Perfect example this dude started trying to sell his "brand new" 1997 240sx with 675 actual miles for $120k 6 months ago. He has dropped it to 28k since then but still the guy is delirious.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/c...376471565.html

Free bump for the seller glws.
You can't use KBB to value these cars. Anyone in the 240 game would know
Old 12-04-2017, 07:43 PM   #27
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Hmm. Still would be tempted. Powersteering leaks? Cruise control working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Power steering doesn't leak, cruise control doesn't work. I touched something while changing the cluster bulbs and then it didn't work again, or I forgot if it had to do with the manual swap
Old 12-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #28
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessaholiclover1 View Post
You can't use KBB to value these cars. Anyone in the 240 game would know
Looking at your age I'm going to say that I've been in "240 game" since you were 9 years old. I'm pretty sure I know what is fair asking price. I understand that no one goes by KBB on these car but to start your asking price at $4500 isn't weeding out any tire kickers or whatever you tell yourself you're doing. All you're doing is making sure that no gives you a serious offer or takes your sale seriously. All you're going to get is people flaming you for wanting to charge people for test drives. Me using the CL listing and KBB as an example is to illustrate how unrealistic some people are. Either way, Glws.
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:23 PM   #29
Nessaholiclover1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Looking at your age I'm going to say that I've been in "240 game" since you were 9 years old. I'm pretty sure I know what is fair asking price. I understand that no one goes by KBB on these car but to start your asking price at $4500 isn't weeding out any tire kickers or whatever you tell yourself you're doing. All you're doing is making sure that no gives you a serious offer or takes your sale seriously. All you're going to get is people flaming you for wanting to charge people for test drives. Me using the CL listing and KBB as an example is to illustrate how unrealistic some people are. Either way, Glws.
You seem to be an expert at selling cars. So this is what I'll do for you. You can sell the car for me and I'll pay you commission after my reserved price is met. Or you can whine and complain about a fee that you will never pay because you will never buy this car. It's quite stupid on your part to suggest "yeah I'll pay a couple of thousand dollars for a car I am interested but hell no, if you charge me $1-$5 for a test drive that's where I draw the line because I actually am serious about buying the car". Move along bud, I don't need your help and frankly, you are wasting your time. This isn't the only 240 for sale. Go find a 240 that suits your likings. And also even if this car was is mint prestige conditions, you wouldn't even pay the asking price because you are cheap. That 240 that you quoted, yes past $100k is way past the limit, but if I had the money and that type of car was my dream, I would pay the $28k, you know why? Because it's not a project, it's a car to feel proud of, a car you end up loving. Some people love cars the way they were offered from the dealer, because they want to experience a time frame. They want to experience how the engineers offered a sports car for your enjoyment. Also look at my rating and comments, you will not find anyone saying anything negative about me, that should tell you something about my character. I try to be honest when I sell something because I get it. I want the purchaser to be content with their purchase and not feel like they were mislead or cheated. You can't put a price on honesty or at least the intent to be honest. The best thing you can do right now bud is move along and go find something else to do. Read the for sale rules because I haven't bashed your threads if you have any. If you have something to say, pm it, all you are doing at this point is hurting my for sale thread. You are not helping my sales as you claim to be.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:48 AM   #30
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I wouldn’t say he’s bashing your thread.

The “240 game” is annoying. Probably one reason why I don’t own one anymore despite how much I love these cars.