Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:30 AM   #301
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Actually, the miata has gained quite a bit of weight. The first generation weighed in at less than 2200 lbs. The current model is about 2600 lbs. That's almost a 20% increase in curb weight. At least it isn't as bad as the scion xb. I just don't understand how that thing gained frickin 600 pounds. I suppose it doesn't matter, the new xb is so rediculously ugly, I doubt it will sell well. I have yet to see one of the new ones on the road.

Also, Cadillac is going after BMW and Mercedes. You saw the beginnings of that with the release of the last generation CTS/CTS-v and continuing with the new CTS. The CTS is aimed at the 3-series, though it is more 5-series in size. the -v models are analogous to BMW's M's and M-B's AMG. The XLR is meant to compete against Mercedes' large convertibles (forgot the model name). Obviously Cadillac isn't at their levels yet, since they haven't been building cars like that for nearly as long. But things are looking promising at Cadillac. I just wish Ford would do the same thing with Lincoln.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 AM   #302
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^
Also Cadillac is building a car underneath the CTS. A smaller RWD Sedan. Which will probably be more 3 series size.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #303
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
Actually, the miata has gained quite a bit of weight. The first generation weighed in at less than 2200 lbs. The current model is about 2600 lbs. That's almost a 20% increase in curb weight. At least it isn't as bad as the scion xb. I just don't understand how that thing gained frickin 600 pounds. I suppose it doesn't matter, the new xb is so rediculously ugly, I doubt it will sell well. I have yet to see one of the new ones on the road.
I've seen a couple of the newer xB's around here in San Francisco...but then, the people here are so tasteless they actually drive crap like the PT Cruiser convertible
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:09 AM   #304
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
Im at a cross road... again. So many seemingly nice fr cars are coming out from kia/hyundai/toyota/nissan/cadillac/subaru. Im thinking if I should just wait a year or two and see what happens or just start yet another 240sx project?! >_< Ive been driving a 5speed ff for the past year and its painful I tell you..painful!

OptionZero, everytime I see your sig I wanna go buy a kouki, drop a V8 in it and call it a day.

sigh....
pictures of Kias fr concept that will debut in a few weeks
http://bp0.blogger.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/...rscoop_KIA.jpg
Baka Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:46 AM   #305
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Sama View Post
pictures of Kias fr concept that will debut in a few weeks
http://bp0.blogger.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/...rscoop_KIA.jpg
That's not bad looking. I'm still not gonna buy a KIA though.

Also, think about what these cars will do to the sport of drifting? Especially the pros where there's a lotta money.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #306
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
1st gen Miata was 2090 and the current is 2414. Lighter then I expected honestly. I take your point though =)

Not only drifting though. I wanna see the Speed GT class get wild. It would be so much better with more manufacturers. Right now its just Porsche, Dodge, and Chevy. Aie!

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/diesel-two-stroke.htm

I want one a those in an auto. F e85 we need bio-diesel to take over

Last edited by wootwoot; 08-30-2007 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: cause I diddnt wanna do another post
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #307
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
yeah, im glad that automakers are getting crazy with making cars that can be competetive.

my friend is a huge corvette fan, his first car was a 96vette( he actually deserved it, so dont assume spoiled kid) and even though now he has a s13 with an sr, he is always up on the vette news, and whats crazy is that the next generation base model will be as fast as te current z06, and that generation z06 wwill be even faster!!! i mean wtf? thats like faster than everything. and cheaper when you compare it to other cars in its speed range.

but the reason i bring this up is, its good competition .

dodge and chevy are at it like the us, and russia in the cold war. and its all about who can make a more bad ass, car. and its pushing both of them to new levels.

i would rather seee this on a day to day basis than the current sentra.
this is what i want to see in the our class of cars.

Last edited by illvialuver; 08-30-2007 at 05:48 PM..
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:35 PM   #308
pwhitersxs
Zilvia Member

pwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pwhitersxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
i hate that phrase (though i don't disagree). a little uniqueness is good for everyone. if everyone makes a simple rwd coupe, then no one will make any real money because the market isn't that big. then they'll complain that the market won't support it and not make another one for 10 years.

just because another company is doing it, doesn't mean you have to too.
Furthering what cdlong posted, I too am wondering about the market if all of these cars come out at the same time. If that happens, the market becomes saturated and sales will not be as good as what was expected. Not everyone will be interested in a sports car. Hopefully, the new RWD cars coming out will be the next versions of cars already on the market (i.e. tiburon). This way sales will remain high and RWD cars will stay profitable for manufacturers.

One thing I learned as an engineering student is...The best designs are sometimes never manufactured because there is something else that is cheaper and still gets the job done. Wonder how the engineer's in the auto industry interpret that.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:47 AM   #309
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
That's not bad looking. I'm still not gonna buy a KIA though.
You sound like me like 4 years ago.. I eneded up buying one though for 3500 with only 53k on the ODO... Never broke down on me.. Only thing that went out (which was kinda big) was the heater core.. flipping thing cost 500 bucks for parts and labor...

I've put 32k on the ODO since then and it's still running strong, slooooooooowwwww but strong.
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:23 AM   #310
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
I've seen a couple of the newer xB's around here in San Francisco...but then, the people here are so tasteless they actually drive crap like the PT Cruiser convertible
IMO i think they changed the look because americans don't get the whole box van type style.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #311
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
I have no problem with the new look of the xB. I have a problem with the fact it is now an Americanized joke that ran away from their original design principles. Boo.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #312
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
With Subaru supplying a 2.0 horizontally opposed boxer engine to Toyotas rwd coupe, it got me thinking of a few things. Subaru builds all their cars in a way that any engie can be interchanged in a fferent chasis. In other words WRX engines can be put in 2.5rs's and vice versa. That being said I wonder if this new rwd coupe will be the same.. Imagine doing a EJ25 swap in a 2400lb car. Just a thought
Old 09-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #313
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift180 View Post
IMO i think they changed the look because americans don't get the whole box van type style.
that's what toyota thought too, but it outsold what they thought would be their big seller, the xA like 2:1.

i like the new one because it looks like a chopped and smoothed first gen. like some hot rodder got a hold of one and got bored.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #314
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
blech, the new xb looks like a corpse version of the old one, all lumpy and bloated. Toyota originally thought the xA was going to be the big seller of the Scion brand, but it turned out that the xB way outsold the xA, I think it was more than 2:1. It makes sense really, the xA just looks kind of cheap, while the xB at least has some style. Obviously Americans do "get" the box-van style, as the xB sold quite well. Then Toyota felt the need to "americanize" it, and now it's a ugly bloated turd. I think Toyota realized that the market thinks the thing looks rediculous. I saw a billboard in Portland that had a picture of the new xB, the text said: "Cons: Ugly......Pros: Ugly".
Old 09-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #315
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
Spot on there.

Let's get back on topic.

Since we're talking about Scion, and RWD cars, I'm speculating that Toyota's 86 replacement that they are talking about being $15000 is gonna be a Scion.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #316
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
i hope its not a scion, i think toyota would sell it better.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #317
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves

Renault Laguna Coupe Concept

Not sure if it is infact RWD, but if it is, its one step closer creating a cost effective car. The Sedan version of this car is being powered by a 145HP Gas engine jointly developed by Nissan and Renault. With, I believe, if I'm understanding correctly, a 130HP and a 175HP diesel version.

The lines on this car are amazing! Im also excited at the fact that you can almost see this on the car itself
Old 09-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #318
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

^ Yes those are some really sexy lines. I love how the lines connect into the trunk lid and flow around the car.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #319
wootwoot
Post Whore!

rwd diesel.....I fucking wish. DREAM CAR
Old 09-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #320
Forte EXE
Zilvia Junkie

Forte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-knownForte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-knownForte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-knownForte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-known
Dunno if any of yall heard of it yet, but...

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...undai_tiburon/
Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 AM   #321
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte EXE View Post
Dunno if any of yall heard of it yet, but...

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...undai_tiburon/
Dunno if you read any of this thread, but...read it.

And as for that Renault Coupe, I really like it. I hope that's a better look at the next 240. The beltline doesn't look too racked. Luckily the tails are super concept-ish so we they won't look like that very much.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:26 PM   #322
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
that looks like a fwd car too me
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #323
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
the Renault is the coupe version of a family car (Laguna), so i believe it is FWD
it looks pretty nice, though

i just don't understand the point of heavy, FWD coupes
how many secretaries are there in this world?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #324
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
i just don't understand the point of heavy, FWD coupes
how many secretaries are there in this world?
Many. Too many obviously. But it's dumb because they don't buy these FWD cars because they are FWD. They buy'em cause they look cute.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #325
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

VW getting in on the action..

Quote:
Production likely; U.S. availability possible

Volkswagen is reported to have put considerable effort into this rear-engine compact car project, with clear production ambitions. Rumors first began circulating about the project early this year.

A report out today indicates the "Up!" could well be headed to North America. Adrian Hallmark, head of Volkswagen of America, told Automotive News VW rarely shows a concept that isn't likely to be produced.

If the Up! is approved, Hallmark said he has told Volkswagen in Germany the American subsidiary is "highly interested" in the car.

Background

The new model will be something of a spiritual revival of the original Beetle, which had its engine in the back. Currently, the only other modern cars with a rear engine are the Porsche 911 and Smart ForTwo.

The project is the brainchild of Ferdinand Piëch — grandson of Beetle designer Ferdinand Porsche and nephew of Porsche AG founder Ferry Porsche. Piëch — who was once chairman of VW — reportedly convinced now-CEO Martin Winterkorn to proceed with the project.

While there are some obvious concerns with a rear-engine layout, VW sources said a sophisticated stability control system will make the vehicle easy and safe to drive

-Left Lane News
Old 09-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #326
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Need more information! Curious. I was recently told the base model Polo will be selling over here for 13k. If they can slide thing thing into the lineup somehow I would be much interested. (if it were diesel!)
Old 09-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #327
OptionZero
Post Whore!

they named a car "Up!"
someone should be shot
Old 09-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #328
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Toyota ? caught all wrapped up in camo.

It was cuaght on a Toyota transporter in Nagoya earlier this summer. Looks like it could be an MR2 replacement. At lease we know they are working on stuff!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #329
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
That'll be kinda cool if toyota made another Mr2 but with more power.. I mean I'd be happy even if it had like 170hp.

You really think Toyota would even consider another MR2 though when it looks like the sales of the last one didn't do too well?
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #330
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

The last one didnt do well because it didnt have a freakin trunk! I mean come on, who buys a 20k car without a trunk?