Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-17-2007, 04:03 PM   #541
firelizard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
firelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by firelizard View Post
eBay mufflers are for ricers, end of story. Sorry friend.
And to clarify (because a neg-repper didn't get it), that's the crude FL way of saying "eBay mufflers should not be expected to be high-quality, and are only desirable due to their low price. This low price comes at the cost of a lack of R&D. Those concerned with using quality aftermarket performance components (ie: responsible owners), wish to see performance, aesthetic, and quality improvements over stock, out of which eBay knockoffs provide only the aesthetic. Owners who modify vehicles with only a budget and aesthetics in mind, regardless of quality or performance are commonly referred to as "ricers" in today's slang. I apologize for having to be the one to accuse you of being such a person."
Old 11-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #542
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
ehhh, its a fucking muffler and some piping, its pretty hard to fuck up something so simple...

theres no reason to pay 300 bucks for an apex n1 muffler, unless you want to tell people you have an apex muffler. Me, personally.. I could care less about the badge something has as long as it is built right. I've had my ebay special catback for 3 years, it went through a salty canadian winter and theres not a spot of rust on it. I paid 150 bucks for mine, shipped.

same shit, half price, no complaints here.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #543
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
my lil brothers coupe

Apex'i Hybrid Megaphone

has no badge saying what it is. just get the satisfaction of knowing that its a quality good lookin piece that i wont have problems with.
jrocslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:58 AM   #544
Xracer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Xracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xracer
What do you do when nobody makes an exhaust you like? Make your own, like me.

Here is the exhaust I made for my RB25 S13. The sound makes me wet myself.

Just finished this exhaust for my buddy's WRX, lots of fuckin time into this one.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:38 AM   #545
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
nice on the wrx exhaust. you should make one similar for s13 and slang em on the for sale forum... undercut some of the name brand exhausts and im sure you'd have more orders than you could make.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #546
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
That's what I'm planning on making for my car with non stainless (to practice).
Old 12-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #547
Xracer
Zilvia Addict

Xracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to behold
At 15+hrs of time into the WRX one, it wouldnt be worth it.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #548
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
yea i dont blame you

i dont get it..

why doesnt a company just make a replica of a dart izumi or something similar and price it around the same as the buddy club spec II. like everyone would buy them. the company would make so much money
Old 12-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #549
motorsnail
Zilvia Addict

motorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear2 View Post
*pic saved to moderator's computer and deleted from post*
I laughed at that.......meph
motorsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #550
Bushido
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
At 15+hrs of time into the WRX one, it wouldnt be worth it.
no need for all the pie cuts... that would cut down the time to make one significantly, but i know what you're sayin...

any hints on how to get the tips burnt like that?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #551
jfc3po
Zilvia Junkie

jfc3po has a spectacular aura aboutjfc3po has a spectacular aura aboutjfc3po has a spectacular aura aboutjfc3po has a spectacular aura aboutjfc3po has a spectacular aura aboutjfc3po has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPSECRT88 View Post
yea i dont blame you

i dont get it..

why doesnt a company just make a replica of a dart izumi or something similar and price it around the same as the buddy club spec II. like everyone would buy them. the company would make so much money
aspec has blastpipes....close enough.....
jfc3po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #552
Xracer
Zilvia Addict

I dont have a pipe bender, hence all the sections. If i had a faster way to build exhausts i would be glad to make many of them.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #553
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
yea i mean FULL catback
Old 12-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #554
Xracer
Zilvia Addict

Its really only a matter of time before some china replica exhaust comes out on ebay that looks like the Dart exhaust.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #555
kouki_cody

kouki_cody is making a name for him/her selfkouki_cody is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to kouki_cody
My old exhaust on teh Miata.

RS*R ExMag GTII (really hard to find for the miata. had to order it used from up-garage) I miss it

sound clip
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bzrIiVuhOQ[/ame]
kouki_cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #556
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
Does anyone else have problems with the ebay N1 style 3'' exhaust?

Seems like it sits wayyy to fucking low to the ground...anyone?

and I'm not super dumped on my coils either.

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #557
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
no need for all the pie cuts... that would cut down the time to make one significantly, but i know what you're sayin...

any hints on how to get the tips burnt like that?
for the burnt tip just get one of those propane torch things and burn the tip. let it heat up and ull see it start to change i did mine. it took a little while. you have to do some of it then let it cool down it wont change colors once the whole tip is warm. its easy tho and looks good i think.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #558
Dorifto89
Zilvia Junkie

Dorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enough
Sound clips of the wrx?
Dorifto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #559
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift_sideways View Post

You talking about the XS power one? I have one and i cant fit a coke can under my exhaust at stock height.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #560
Xracer
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorifto89 View Post
Sound clips of the wrx?
Next week. It sounds evil though.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #561
skylindrftr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
skylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:

you get what you pay for?
skylindrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #562
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:

id say no. flange hits everything along with the can. doesnt really sound too good either. but that could be becasue mine looks like a crumpled coke can now. haha
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #563
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Trader Rating: (14)
S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Circa 2005
Straight 3", dual 3" tips

Circa 2003 (Trying to find better picture of it. Will replace when found.)
Uras Catback

S13FREEAAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #564
wonkuuzenki
Zilvia Junkie

wonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-known
haha:

Old 12-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #565
skylindrftr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
skylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
why is that wing attached to only one side of the car...
skylindrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #566
tunerzimage
Zilvia Addict

tunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tunerzimage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Felix View Post
I tried searching, but couldn't come up with anything(probably cuz I suck at searching too)... but does anyone have the Megan type 2 catback?

3" piping, dual tip-stockish looking muffler, and it's cheeep ass megan..

http://phase2motorsports.stores.yaho...aty2cas13.html
Hrm, i coulda swore i posted my muff.

Megan Racing Turbo Exhuast? Im not sure which one this was....

Type 2 black

Old Car - GP Sports exhuast

First car - Megan 2.5" CF Muffler, 2.25" piping
Old 12-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #567
Dorifto89
Zilvia Junkie

Dorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
Next week. It sounds evil though.

Fuckin' a peterman I don't doubt that
Dorifto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #568
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
that exhaust on a wrx? what in the.......

good styling is rubbing off on them finally?
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #569
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift180 View Post
that exhaust on a wrx? what in the.......

good styling is rubbing off on them finally?
it probably will sound awesome. subies sound so cool with after market exhausts.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #570
hstylez
Zilvia Member

hstylez is on the path to ruinhstylez is on the path to ruin
Unfortunately, I don't have any rear and shots, but this counts I think. There are less than 90 degrees worth of bends in this exhaust. Simple and functional, oh and loud as hell....