Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #421
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Wade needs to retire. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Greg Oden was a cheap gamble that didnt pay off.

Allen considering retirement, I think he still has a year left in him though.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #422
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Allen should join the Spurs.

They could always use another 3 point shooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #423
babowc
Post Whore!

babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Allen was playing like shit tbh.. He should be retiring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #424
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
According to this thread: everyone on the Heat will be retiring this off season. Next year's final will OKC vs the Raptors. lol
Old 06-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #425
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Wade needs to retire
Ray Allen needs to retire
Shane Battier needs to retire
Greg Olden needs to retire
LeBron needs to go back to Cleveland in a 3-way trade that brings Carmelo to Miami and sends Norris Cole and Chris Chalmers to NY with Beasley.

Yes, all of that.

And I write too!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #426
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Battier did announce his retirement.

If Wade still wants to stick around then he should look towards losing weight and leaning down to help with the issues with his legs.

Thats one thing I never understood about aging athletes, losing weight and going leaner is the best option yet alot of them dont do that.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:38 AM   #427
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Thats one thing I never understood about aging athletes, losing weight and going leaner is the best option yet alot of them dont do that.
Tim Duncan learned that and has applied it for profit in his second lifetime here.

And I write too!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #428
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Wade needs to retire
Ray Allen needs to retire
Shane Battier needs to retire
Greg Olden needs to retire
LeBron needs to go back to Cleveland in a 3-way trade that brings Carmelo to Miami and sends Norris Cole and Chris Chalmers to NY with Beasley.

Yes, all of that.
Truth is, if Lebron leaves he's most likely going to the Lakers as it's the storied franchise. I also can't imagine anyone wanting to play for Dan Gilbert and it shows (see Irving, Deng, etc.).

Whatever happens, we had 4 consecutive trips to the finals. Feels good meng. And unlike other sport franchises (some in this very city) who have people running it who cant tell their heads from their asses, the Heat organization is properly structured from Owner to Coach.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #429
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Truth is, if Lebron leaves he's most likely going to the Lakers as it's the storied franchise. I also can't imagine anyone wanting to play for Dan Gilbert and it shows (see Irving, Deng, etc.).
Rumors a while back was he might got to the Clippers and the Clippers would trade out Blake Griffin.

Shit, it's still a rumor.

http://fullyclips.com/2014/06/18/bil...rs-rumor-mill/

Back in February
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...-next-decision

I just don't see him going to the Lakers. Not with Kobe still there cashing checks. We all know he'd go to Chicago first.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:04 AM   #430
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post

Whatever happens, we had 4 consecutive trips to the finals. Feels good meng. And unlike other sport franchises (some in this very city) who have people running it who cant tell their heads from their asses, the Heat organization is properly structured from Owner to Coach.
Yeah, since Dr. Buss got sick and died, the Heat are the best run these days.
I will reserve comment on whether I want him in LA or not, as you all know I was all about making a play for Kevin Love for the past two seasons.

And I write too!
Old 06-21-2014, 06:41 AM   #431
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Rumors a while back was he might got to the Clippers and the Clippers would trade out Blake Griffin.

Shit, it's still a rumor.

http://fullyclips.com/2014/06/18/bil...rs-rumor-mill/

Back in February
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...-next-decision

I just don't see him going to the Lakers. Not with Kobe still there cashing checks. We all know he'd go to Chicago first.

Honestly I really don't think Bulls fans will want him there. Think about the past playoff games we had.

Also I really do not think he would go there himself because of the legacy Jordan had.

LeBron will most likely stay. I think he's really stupid if he leaves Miami, he's been to the finals 4 straight years and won 2 championships. Although if I were Bosh I would leave, just my opinion.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:04 AM   #432
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
Although if I were Bosh I would leave, just my opinion.
Bosh is not going anywhere until he HAS to.
If he goes anywhere else, he will have to prove he is worth his current pay rate and he will have to do it in the post.

And I write too!
Old 06-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #433
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Honestly I really don't think Bulls fans will want him there. Think about the past playoff games we had.
I was being funny.

Quote:
Also I really do not think he would go there himself because of the legacy Jordan had.
Oh I know and it must burn him up that no matter what he achieves, he'll never be Jordan.

Quote:
LeBron will most likely stay. I think he's really stupid if he leaves Miami, he's been to the finals 4 straight years and won 2 championships. Although if I were Bosh I would leave, just my opinion.

It will be interesting. I know he wants mo' money.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #434
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Bosh is not going anywhere until he HAS to.

If he goes anywhere else, he will have to prove he is worth his current pay rate and he will have to do it in the post.

This. He is in Kobe mod - milk it till it's over.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #435
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Wade is gonna opt out of his current contract and sign a 4 year 50 mil deal. What. The. Fuck.

Rumor is the deal is dead for Klove to GS and Thompson to LAL.

I really think that Lebron is gonna go back to Cleveland if he does opt out.

IMO, Carmelo will either end up with the Lakers, Houston, or Chicago.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #436
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
I really think that Lebron is gonna go back to Cleveland if he does opt out.
I want to know whats the logic behind this? Is it because it makes it a fairy tale ending? We all know that line of reasoning didn't work during "The Decision".

I remember people saying Lebron would not leave Cleavland because:

1. The Decision was on national TV
2. It was done at the Boys & Girls Club during the broadcast
3. He was in close proximity Cleavland during the broadcast
4. No way he would take less money
5. No way he would want to be seen as joining someone else
6. He wants to be nice to Cleavland
7. He wants to play in his hometown
8. He runs the show in Quicklen Loans Arena

If these are any of your reasons for thinking that he's going to Cleavland, you haven't learned.

History repeats itself. I don't think he will necessarily stay in Miami, and why I wont feel offended if he leaves and wont be shocked if he joins LA, the Clips or the Bulls.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #437
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

I think his BEST bet in the saving of face is to re-sign in Miami with a contract that is conducive to getting some help in there right away, same with Wade, and Bosh should be traded for someone who can make use of his size and position.
I'm not saying that this is what they WILL do, just that it is what they should. He has done too much to semi-rehabilitate his image after that decision debacle (don't get me wrong, I STILL don't like the guy and never have) and would be flatly stupid to go chasing rings, especially when he could be complicit in the moves needed to win a couple of more where he is right now, shitty fans and all (not all of you, but you KNOW who they are).
It'll be astounding and SAD to see what happens with that bandwagon if he does go elsewhere.

And I write too!
Old 06-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #438
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Well Lebron James just opted out of his contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #439
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Well Lebron James just opted out of his contract.

This is going to get good.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:13 PM   #440
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Mavericks get Tyson Chandler back in a 6 man trade with the Knicks. Not only do they get Chandler but the Mavs also get point guard Raymond Felton.

On the other hand the Knicks acquire point guard Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington, and Samuel Dalembert.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #441
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
While I'm glad Felton is gone, Chandler leaving is a 50/50. He was a good defensive presence, but offered very limited offense aside from the putback or dunk. Dalembert is a downgrade, and it is possible they will waive him to save a few bucks, but then they'll be missing a C. They do have 2 picks in this years draft from it so hopefully they can find some good players that can contribute right away like a Landry Fields

I hope they aren't finished dealing yet.

xquizitditz
Old 06-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #442
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Rockets agree to trade Omer Asik to the Pelicans, trying to make room for either Melo or LeBron.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #443
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Rockets agree to trade Omer Asik to the Pelicans, trying to make room for either Melo or LeBron.

Dreaming.

Lebron goes to LA or stays.

Melo, I'd be shocked if he left, but I can't see him going to the Rockets.

Both of these guys want rings. Melo has to be set financially. While Lebron has complained about money, he still wants 6 championships. He has 2 and he has 5 more good years.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #444
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

I don't believe Melo wants rings. If he did, he would play some damned defense.
LeBron, if he wants rings, would do best to re-sign in Miami. Melo will go to the highest bidder wherein he can pretend he wants to win, so it will likely be Chicago or Houston.
MAYBE the Clippers, lol

And I write too!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #445
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

This off season is a tale of "returning to old teams".

Arron Afflalo gets traded to the Denver Nuggets for Evan Fournier and the 56th pick of the draft.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #446
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Quote:
MAYBE the Clippers, lol

I dont know how the hell the Clippers are going to afford making any sort of splash this offseason. They are the luxury tax team after all.

Theyre like $20 + mil in the red.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #447
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Be advised that this thread officially becomes old news with the start of the NBA Draft at 7pm tonight...
I will be closing it as soon as I walk in from the gym and have already tagged someone with the responsibility for the new one.

And I write too!
Closed Thread