Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 02-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Nissan GT-R Owner Voids Warranty, Grenades $36K Engine [Blown Engines]

02-01-2010 10:00 AM

A member over at NAGTROC made the mistake of modifying his Nissan GT-R engine while it was still under its temperamental warranty. So, when he then broke the cylinder block, he was completely screwed. How it happened, plus pictures, below.

If you'll remember, Nissan's already a bit finicky when it comes to the warranty on the GT-R. But once you start modifying the car in any way — that already-less-than-stellar warranty becomes about as useful as poison ivy when you're looking to wipe your ass.

You can read his description of what happened below and share your theory. For what's it's worth, he thinks he ran the wrong software for the fuel he was putting in his car in Lebanon:
after less than a month driving my GTR after my perfect gearbox rebuilt, i was cruising today on 3rd gear, then i decided to shift to second gear to overtake a car, i down shifted , car accelerates like a missile, then 1 k before cutoff i hear a uninterupted sound like trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr coming from the engine, and some smoke going out of the engine, i look at the oil pressure and oil light in dash they are ok , i look in my rear view mirror and i see oil , i shift to neutral shut down the car and go to the side of the road to stop. i get down of the car open the engine from where smoke is going out, and i see all the oil under the car... at that point i was CONVINCED its an oil pipe that is broken, i called road service to get towed, go to the workshop, and... guess what............ broken cylinder block...... something seems to have broken on the crank, or piston or pushrods and made a big mess..the block is broken on both sides, i guess the broken part blew off left then right.. i was running on AP stage 2 97 version 2.0

the bad news:
- i got AP , Y pipe and 5zigen, car is already blacklisted and out of warranty :( :(
-new engine is 55,000 us$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!
-i'm really really pissed
-i hate nissan management!
-we don't know yet the extent of the damage inside the engine

the only good news:
unlike the GR6, nissan sells engine parts and not only complete assembly.. otherwise i would put fuel on the car and burn it in front of the nissan showroom

here is some pics, can anyone share any experience with the engine? any thoughts what could have happened? is there is any other cases with broken cylinders blocks???? i cant believe that the AP software upgrade could have blow off the engine.. these engines should support more than 70hp of upgraded power IMO

im in love with the gtr but i HATE nissan

For the record — the owner checked with a dealership and a new engine costs closer to $36K.
the fuel we have in lebanon is 98 octane RON while in the US its 93 AKI and not RON. when i downloaded the new AP software , i had to choose the country, and since my GTR is a US spec car, i choosed USJDM software and i ran on stage 2 97 octane software. the 97 octane of the US maps is AKI while i was running 98 octane RON. and 98 octane RON appears to be less than 93 octane AKI... timing settings should have been different... i should have stayed on version 1.08B

[NAGTROC]

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Its cause the owner is stupid that is why the warranty is void. No way in hell a car company will cover a modified car.... stupid.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Well some warranties are more lax than others.
I've been lucky with Mitsu & Subaru.
However, messing with engine management when you don't know what you're doing is unforgivable.

36k for the block, or 55k for the entire engine is pretty pricey though.
This is a car I'd be afraid to own.
You damage anything, and you know the parts are going to hurt your wallet bad.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Time for a built SR.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
ultimateforce
Zilvia Member

ultimateforce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Time for a built SR.
He's going to need the power of a KA-T to be sure.
ultimateforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
JB weld, it works wonders lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
hell yah KA-T

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
stupid ass owner.

GTR's are screaming fast out of the Box. Crackup about consumers is they modify an engine and when it blows up they cry foul. Fuck if it was a race car they would be like ah shit we made a mistake and it grenaded. Ok build another engine.

Fucking stupid ass consumers play with shit and then expect it to be covered. Lame ass owner in my opinion.

Oh and any crying about the cost of that engine? Its a fucking hand built engine to extreme specs. Oh and dipshit was crying about the fact that he leaned the shit out of it and it went boom. LOL of course it can handle high horsepower if you don't lean the daylights out of it with the wrong fuel curves. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #9
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Maybe he should take himself out to the nissan dealer and torch himself in front of them.....
Old 02-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #10
epics13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
epics13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
lol i got some lmk
epics13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #11
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
^haha agreed!

that car is a beast already and i drove one......till this day i still cant believe how awesome the car is out of the box!!!

second of all if u got money to buy a GTR and then mod it, then u should have money to fix it........Idiot!
NismoDriverS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #12
IHasLongTorso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
IHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
fucking ass hat. Id honestly put an rb in it if hes not putting a new motor in.

20 bucks say this fucktard puts a new motor in it and does the same thing. lol
IHasLongTorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #13
AWDJosh
Zilvia Member

AWDJosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Maybe he should take himself out to the nissan dealer and torch himself in front of them.....
LOL!

it was owners fault for running the wrong fuel map...
AWDJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #14
[w]hite[r]abbit[x]
Zilvia Junkie

[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough
He really didn't need an AP. All you need straight from the factory is some r. comp tires and you should be set for the track.
[w]hite[r]abbit[x] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #15
homeslicej2
Zilvia Member

homeslicej2 is making a name for him/her selfhomeslicej2 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
LOL
Owner says, "hey nissan, I modded my new car and ran incorrect fuel/fuel maps, it went boom. I can haz nother? no, well you guys suck"
homeslicej2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #16
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

nismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHasLongTorso View Post
fucking ass hat. Id honestly put an rb in it if hes not putting a new motor in.
An RB26DETT would be bad ass in the R35 IMO. Highly modded, of course.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #17
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
He should run a rb26 and then slap a sr and a ka as turbos on it lol, it'll have like 53643hp and chuck norris for tq lol
Old 02-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #18
RB24_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RB24_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah right he needs a built RB30DETT. How the Australians do it =] With 1000 Elephant power.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:15 AM   #19
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
He needs to buy a ford and stay away from Nissans
Old 02-03-2010, 03:49 AM   #20
marv670
Leaky Injector

marv670 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB24_S14 View Post
Yeah right he needs a built RB30DETT. How the Australians do it =] With 1000 Elephant power.
elephant power FTW! new sig lol
marv670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:25 AM   #21
smoothcoupe
BANNED

smoothcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Time for a built SR.
SR in GTR= worst idea ever. RB26DETT Z2 spec motor on that trans would kick ass!!
smoothcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #22
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo tuned s14 View Post
An RB26DETT would be bad ass in the R35 IMO. Highly modded, of course.
No, I'm a believer of the VQ. I've seen a stock GTR walk on a 450whp lighter R32 GTR. The only advantage an RB26 have over the VQ is that alot of tuners know the ins/outs of an RB26, there aint a whole lot of surprises left with the RB when you tune/mod it.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #23
ultimateforce
Zilvia Member

ultimateforce is an unknown quantity at this point
That's why it'd be bad-ass to put a RB26DETT in an already ruined GT-R. No need to be a ground breaker, well, past actually doing the swap its self.
ultimateforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #24
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
it needs an ls6.

fuck an rb. dumb ass idea
Old 02-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #25
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
put a twin turbo vh45 in there.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #26
RB24_S14
Zilvia Junkie

RB24_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
He needs to buy a ford and stay away from Nissans
What are you doing here then? lol woahh. Ford ?:ghey:.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
put a twin turbo vh45 in there.
Dude I always loved your avatar... FUTURAMA!!!! Mind control frog siiiick.....

LOL

VH45 twin turbo is like the SuperGT engines lol....
Old 02-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #28
Pure_JDM
Zilvia Addict

Pure_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Throw a twin turboed LSX in it and call it a day. Would actually sound like a racecar then... Stock GTRs at the track need a nut check. Didn't even hear it go down the track. But it still hauled ass, haha. Atleast with any of the motor swaps mentioned, you could tune it yourself... unlike the wells fargo computer in the gtr.
Pure_JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #29
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
dumb ass.. period.

well he should be able to afford repair cost.. he bought GTR... LOL
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #30
AWDJosh
Zilvia Member

AWDJosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_JDM View Post
Throw a twin turboed LSX in it and call it a day. Would actually sound like a racecar then... Stock GTRs at the track need a nut check. Didn't even hear it go down the track. But it still hauled ass, haha. Atleast with any of the motor swaps mentioned, you could tune it yourself... unlike the wells fargo computer in the gtr.
a ls3, ls6, or lq9 would do it justice with some decent sized twins
AWDJosh is offline   Reply With Quote