Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Japanese car mags run amok: Nissan Silvia revival to get Renault power

Filed under: Coupes, Japan, Nissan, Renault
Japan's Best Car supposedly has yet another scoop on the Nissan Silvia revival, and while the image gracing the mag's cover is little more than a photoshopped pipedream, the information presented within deserves note.

According to one of the publication's editors, a source at Nissan has suggested that the front-engine, rear-wheel-drive coupe could benefit from the Nissan/Renault alliance and fitted with a 2.0-liter engine lifted from the French automaker. Speculation is that the 225 hp turbocharged four-pot powering the Renault Megane Sport could be mounted up front, sending power to the rear wheels on a modified Z platform. Not only would that keep production costs low, but the motor could be shoved far back into the firewall, making it a competent corner carver in the process.

Best Car expects the S16 Silvia to be priced between $18,000 and $21,000 if and when it goes on sale in 2010.

[Source: GT Channel]Â*
ReadÂ*|Â*Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2007, 10:03 PM   #2
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Whatever.

It's a pipedream until I see it at a Nissan dealership here.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
panama DRIFT
Leaky Injector

panama DRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to panama DRIFT
I just hope they keep the same motor in it when it comes to the US
Old 12-27-2007, 11:47 PM   #4
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
sounds promising, but i'll wait till i see one!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 12-28-2007, 12:03 AM   #5
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks kinda cool... Reminds me of a Benz...
Old 12-28-2007, 12:12 AM   #6
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
Angry

i wouldnt want a renault engine in the car.. it seems like they are trying to cut cost.... which makes the car cheaper... and well crappier. in my opinion the guy from renault is running nissan into the ground... my dad works in a dyno lab for nissan testing engines.. and the guy from renault is trying to cut cost so much if they run into a small engine problem they dont get the money to run further testing on it..

and now look at our cars.. yea the altima coupe and 350z... but look at the sentra and versa.. and the frontier that get 15mpg. and now talks of a cummins titan. with gas and diesel prices this high dont u think a little 2.5L frontier getting 30mpg would sell to the average public...

to stay on topic.. the s16 probaby wont come to america, it makes to much sense for nissan to bring it here.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:58 AM   #7
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
How much is this thing going to weigh? If the new GTR is any sign of how the S16 is going to turn out, it's gonna be a fatty. And if Nissan is watching how drifting is progressing in America I'm pretty sure they'll bring it over.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:04 AM   #8
J.Silvia
Leaky Injector

J.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really nice
id pay 20-25k or maybe even 30k if you could get a more beefed up version
Old 03-18-2008, 01:24 AM   #9
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90KAcoupe View Post
i wouldnt want a renault engine in the car.. it seems like they are trying to cut cost.... which makes the car cheaper... and well crappier. in my opinion the guy from renault is running nissan into the ground... my dad works in a dyno lab for nissan testing engines.. and the guy from renault is trying to cut cost so much if they run into a small engine problem they dont get the money to run further testing on it..

and now look at our cars.. yea the altima coupe and 350z... but look at the sentra and versa.. and the frontier that get 15mpg. and now talks of a cummins titan. with gas and diesel prices this high dont u think a little 2.5L frontier getting 30mpg would sell to the average public...

to stay on topic.. the s16 probaby wont come to america, it makes to much sense for nissan to bring it here.
You know what, you need to go back and learn more about Renault and the fact that Ghosn brought Nissan back from the brink of extinction. They were headed into a terrible bankruptcy at the time Renault invested into Nissan. We owe

both the 350z and the New GTR because of him. The Versa is actually selling quite well in its segment. Your dad works for a dyno lab at the Nissan factory in the U.S., which hardly defines the overall company. When you get more facts you can speak up.

Renault has amazing turbo pro rally history, with the R5 Turbo AWD car in the early 90's. They also have Several F1 Championships under their belt. A 2 liter turbocharged Renault engine is not to be scoffed at. Renault was building DOHC engines in the 1920's!

Oh and the New Silvia would not be a S16. The S series chassis line is dead and gone. Nissan closed the doors on that production facility 7 years ago.
I would also add that they could easily drop a 200sx or 250sx into the lineup right now, because the GTR is high enough priced for the 2009 350z to move slightly upstream in price and open the door for a $15k-25k Silvia/200sx/250sx.
Oh and the Halo effect of the GTR is already working its magic.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 03-18-2008, 07:32 AM   #10
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
despite the fact that it will be a modified Z chassis it will it will be refered to as an S chassis regardless how technically correct you are dave. LOL!

even I will call it an s16 if they decide to actually do it.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90KAcoupe View Post

The Current engines are still running better than the engines from 2yrs ago.

It's usually cheaper these days to toss an engine then spend the money to diagnose one.

How long has he been working at Decherd?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #12
shade
Zilvia Junkie

shade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond repute
We'll see when it comes out. I'll still love my S13 when I end up buying the new replacement for the S-chassis. I already have some money saved up for it. It better be good.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:40 AM   #13
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Oo_Skyline_oO
I've a few things to say to that. #1 doesn't anyone realize what a HUGE impact this would have on us s13/s14 drivers??? this means 100% legal, usdm engine swaps, nissan is probably going to have an i4-t powertrain and sicne there's no reason to make a new engine weaker then the s15 sr20,and its probably going to put out 260-275hp, the new z will have 330 and the gtr will have 480, its seems perfectly proportional. yes they may be a little expensive, but in a few years after they realease it they will be afordable and legal for s-chasis swaps, F*CKING genious!!
#2, I doubt it will actually make it, simply because of the cost range. only way it would make it is if 370z's start at mid-high 30's (instead of 19-49 range of today's 350) and I don't see that happening. z sales would drop hard if for a few g's less you could get a turbo'd s16. and #3, drift freak, do a little more "modern" research of renault engines, yes, they may have a great history, but they're new stuff is just simply SH*T my mom's altima had to have its engine COMPLETELY replaced because of the stupid QR25. they have WAY too many problems. rings went bad and ate up oil like buble gum, I have a picture proving one of the most recent recalls, the air filter literaly igniting into flames because of a cigarete butt and a little wind, ecu's randomely turn off the car out of the blue.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:38 AM   #14
4thHorse
Zilvia Member

4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice4thHorse is just really nice
I thought the 350z started at 28k not 19k
Old 03-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #15
slidingsky
Zilvia Junkie

slidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfection
I'm surprised that Nissan has not come out with a smaller RWD car by now. I'm referring to the Altima/Maxima. It used to be that the Altima was the "little brother" to the Maxima until the 04 body style which they ultimately gave the Altima the same features as the Maxima but sold it for a couple thousand less. So you could basically buy an Altima which at the time looked very similar to the Maxima that was cheaper and faster (if that means anything) than the Maxima.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #16
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
looks like a mercedes slk re-shaped
Old 03-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #17
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_Skyline_oO View Post
I've a few things to say to that. #1 doesn't anyone realize what a HUGE impact this would have on us s13/s14 drivers??? this means 100% legal, usdm engine swaps, nissan is probably going to have an i4-t powertrain and sicne there's no reason to make a new engine weaker then the s15 sr20,and its probably going to put out 260-275hp, the new z will have 330 and the gtr will have 480, its seems perfectly proportional. yes they may be a little expensive, but in a few years after they realease it they will be afordable and legal for s-chasis swaps, F*CKING genious!!
#2, I doubt it will actually make it, simply because of the cost range. only way it would make it is if 370z's start at mid-high 30's (instead of 19-49 range of today's 350) and I don't see that happening. z sales would drop hard if for a few g's less you could get a turbo'd s16. and #3, drift freak, do a little more "modern" research of renault engines, yes, they may have a great history, but they're new stuff is just simply SH*T my mom's altima had to have its engine COMPLETELY replaced because of the stupid QR25. they have WAY too many problems. rings went bad and ate up oil like buble gum, I have a picture proving one of the most recent recalls, the air filter literaly igniting into flames because of a cigarete butt and a little wind, ecu's randomely turn off the car out of the blue.
Umm excuse, me. First off, you need to learn English punctuation and spelling, your post is barely readable. Second off, the QR is a Engine designed by Nissan for the North American market, just like the KA. Its not a Renault engine. Its not related to Renaults MR engine. I do agree its not a great engine but then again a lot of people say that about the KA.

Now if you can type a sentence without swearing every 5 words to describe things and post accurate intelligent information someone might pay attention to what you have to say. Otherwise you just fail and what you wrote above fails hard.

Get your facts and info straight son you would fail in debate 101.

Oh and thanks for basically saying, what I already wrote in a few sentences(but stretching it into 5 non sentences), about Nissan being able to fit a new Silvia/250sx into the line up. Fail again on your part.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #18
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
well...you can bet this car will become a reality now (not the image photoshopped above...but the actual s16 silvia)

lets take a look at nissans "performance line up" here....

sentra SE-R (peice of shit)

350z
GTR

notice that huge whole...yah...well thats where the majority of zilvians sit right now as well as the YOUTH market for sports cars

guess what car will be filling that hole (i should say CARS)...the new toyota RWD Celica and the new Hyundai Genesis Coupe...both of which are 4cyl rwd and turbo (well maybe not the new celica)...you could even through in the BMW 1 series if u like

so nissan has a HUGE problem right now...they have a MAJOR gap in their performance aimed line up that appeals to not only YOUNG enthusiasts...but enthusiasts all together...lets face it...the G35 and 350z are a luxury sports car...and the GTR is WAY out of most peoples budget

so nissan WILL be filling that hole...and doing so soon...the ONLY car that would do it would be the silvia...and they wouldnt want to repeat their mistake like they did with the 240sx by giving it that horrific truck engine (sorry KA guys...i hate that motor)...the car HAS TO PERFORM...so count on a RWD 4 cyl turbo setup

id say count on an OFFICIAL announcement sometime this year...prolly at the tokyo motor show or the LA auto show...MAYBE even a glimpse at a concept

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #19
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
well...you can bet this car will become a reality now (not the image photoshopped above...but the actual s16 silvia)

lets take a look at nissans "performance line up" here....

sentra SE-R (peice of shit)

350z
GTR

notice that huge whole...yah...well thats where the majority of zilvians sit right now as well as the YOUTH market for sports cars

guess what car will be filling that hole (i should say CARS)...the new toyota RWD Celica and the new Hyundai Genesis Coupe...both of which are 4cyl rwd and turbo (well maybe not the new celica)...you could even through in the BMW 1 series if u like

so nissan has a HUGE problem right now...they have a MAJOR gap in their performance aimed line up that appeals to not only YOUNG enthusiasts...but enthusiasts all together...lets face it...the G35 and 350z are a luxury sports car...and the GTR is WAY out of most peoples budget

so nissan WILL be filling that hole...and doing so soon...the ONLY car that would do it would be the silvia...and they wouldnt want to repeat their mistake like they did with the 240sx by giving it that horrific truck engine (sorry KA guys...i hate that motor)...the car HAS TO PERFORM...so count on a RWD 4 cyl turbo setup

id say count on an OFFICIAL announcement sometime this year...prolly at the tokyo motor show or the LA auto show...MAYBE even a glimpse at a concept
While you are correct about the hole in the lineup and it is already a forgone conclusion about the Silvia coming back out. Ghosn has already admitted to it on a few occasions in not so many words. You are wrong about it being a S16 like I stated earlier the S chassis designation is gone and dead.

You are completely wrong about the 350Z being a luxury sports car. Its not and has never been. The G35 on the other hand is.

If you doubt my words take a trip to Japan. Where the Fairlady 350Z is more popular than the V35 Skyline aka G35 because they consider the Skyline to have become to luxury. Its larger its more luxury and Japanese have a tendacy to not like that in sports cars.

The GTR is unto itself and is enough of a all out Super car to not even worry about being larger.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #20
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
You are wrong about it being a S16 like I stated earlier the S chassis designation is gone and dead.
i use the refference of "s16" simply because we have nothing else to call at the moment as far as a chassis code goes

Quote:
You are completely wrong about the 350Z being a luxury sports car. Its not and has never been. The G35 on the other hand is.
no...im not...look at the Z compared to the GTR and Silvia...its marketed tword people who want a "sports car" that isnt actually a balls out sports car...its geared tword the people who buy SC430s and BMW Roadsters....they look sporty...and sorta feel fast...but there are better cars out there...everyone knows that when the silvia is re-released and is pared along side the GTR...the Z will fade back to the "yuppie" car it was in the 90s

(please dont take any of what i said above offensively...cause its not meant that way...its just nissan really screwed up its car lineup in america and they always seem to miss the mark on FIXING that screw up)

Old 03-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #21
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
i use the refference of "s16" simply because we have nothing else to call at the moment as far as a chassis code goes

no...im not...look at the Z compared to the GTR and Silvia...its marketed tword people who want a "sports car" that isnt actually a balls out sports car...its geared tword the people who buy SC430s and BMW Roadsters....they look sporty...and sorta feel fast...but there are better cars out there...everyone knows that when the silvia is re-released and is pared along side the GTR...the Z will fade back to the "yuppie" car it was in the 90s

(please dont take any of what i said above offensively...cause its not meant that way...its just nissan really screwed up its car lineup in america and they always seem to miss the mark on FIXING that screw up)
Ahem, this is where your wrong. The 350z is not geared towards the SC430. Last time I checked the BMW Roadsters were true sports cars as are Boxsters. Nissan targeted the Boxster when they redid the Z and nailed it.

Its a true Sports car in every sense of the word. Unless you have driven one, which by the way you talk, I can tell you most likely haven't, you have not a clue. Its a pretty dope ass car and actually drifts better than S13's.

As far as Nissan screwing up their car lineup in the U.S. you talk about the past. We are currently getting some of the dopest cars they make and getting the HP options as well. The Cube is coming here. We got the GTR . You are speaking like you just climbed out from under a rock.

I do not take this personally, I just loving proving my points with facts.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:56 PM   #22
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Ahem, this is where your wrong. The 350z is not geared towards the SC430. Last time I checked the BMW Roadsters were true sports cars as are Boxsters. Nissan targeted the Boxster when they redid the Z and nailed it.

Its a true Sports car in every sense of the word. Unless you have driven one, which by the way you talk, I can tell you most likely haven't, you have not a clue. Its a pretty dope ass car and actually drifts better than S13's.

As far as Nissan screwing up their car lineup in the U.S. you talk about the past. We are currently getting some of the dopest cars they make and getting the HP options as well. The Cube is coming here. We got the GTR . You are speaking like you just climbed out from under a rock.

I do not take this personally, I just loving proving my points with facts.

ive driven a 350Z before...quite a few times actually...and yes...its a nice car...very solid and it will be a great base for the new silvia as we missed an entire generation of nissan sportscars in america...i mean...no S15...that was a marvel that was COMPLETELY missed (and painfully missed)...but i wouldnt call it a true sports car...to me its a luxury sports car...and im not gonna argue why any more

u can argue ur points all u want with me...i know my shit when it comes to nissans cars and their marketing in this country...you have your view on the Z as i have mine...you can say it was developed for one reason and ill say it was developed for another...both of our points have merit...but neither is wrong...im not gonna argue with someone on zilvia over cars...especially in a thread thats meant to be about a brand new replacement for our rolling shit boxes

Old 03-21-2008, 11:08 PM   #23
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
ive driven a 350Z before...quite a few times actually...and yes...its a nice car...very solid and it will be a great base for the new silvia as we missed an entire generation of nissan sportscars in america...i mean...no S15...that was a marvel that was COMPLETELY missed (and painfully missed)...but i wouldnt call it a true sports car...to me its a luxury sports car...and im not gonna argue why any more

u can argue ur points all u want with me...i know my shit when it comes to nissans cars and their marketing in this country...you have your view on the Z as i have mine...you can say it was developed for one reason and ill say it was developed for another...both of our points have merit...but neither is wrong...im not gonna argue with someone on zilvia over cars...especially in a thread thats meant to be about a brand new replacement for our rolling shit boxes
You are correct, we are entitled to our opinions. Though I suggest you attempt, if not use, proper English and punctuation, if you want your points taken seriously. This is not a dis, but I am trying to help you come across more intelligently in your debates. People will feel you speak from the knowledge you have and respect your posts more.

P.S. you can't know that much about Nissans marketing in this country your only 26 years old. You were not even alive when they marketed the 240z or the 510. Ya I am a old fart I was alive and I have been into Nissans since 1978.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 03-22-2008 at 11:45 AM..
Old 03-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #24
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
um dorkidori....you forgot to add the altima SE-R to your performance list....
Old 03-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #25
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Renault power!!

would be interesting.. Renault has a background in racing, more so then nissan so i wouldnt mind looking forward to it. They just dont have any cool production cars, and to the american mind, we think of economy european small cars.

Anyone remember that bad ass Renault F1 inspired van a few years back?
Renault Escape f1

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaW_35KPDBY[/ame]
Old 03-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #26
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
um dorkidori....you forgot to add the altima SE-R to your performance list....

that model is no longer offered

the SE-R basically became the altima coupe

Old 03-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #27
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

u know...i had a comment here...but now its gone cause i dont feel like saying ne thing negative today

kthxbai

Old 03-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #28
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
sounds interesting, but if it is put into prodcution, i'm sure the U.S. won't see it till after every other country gets theirs.

Not sure about the Renault power, but whatever works for Nissan.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #29
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
I wouldn't want a new s16... it'll be the new friggin Scion TC............... ok maybe not THAT BAD
Old 03-22-2008, 11:48 PM   #30
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
Whatever.

It's a pipedream until I see it at a Nissan dealership here.
Word to ya motha.
Closed Thread