Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 12-19-2009, 11:30 PM   #91
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I find it completely funny that you think the 350 or the 370 are ugly but love the Genesis. Seeing as the Genesis bites off the whole 350 and G35 design and does it worse. LOL
why's that funny? it's all a matter of who finds what apealing ain't it? I was just never a fan of how the Z's were designed, that's all. well i take that back, the old z's from the 70's i like. but other than that they just never did it for me. i dunno, i just like the look of the genesis better, that's all. doesn't mean i'm a fanboy, i just like it. i liked the last incarnation of the tiburon too(not the one with the circular lights...the model year after that one). I thought it looked pretty nice.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 12:07 AM   #92
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by filiperuvian View Post
why's that funny? it's all a matter of who finds what apealing ain't it? I was just never a fan of how the Z's were designed, that's all. well i take that back, the old z's from the 70's i like. but other than that they just never did it for me. i dunno, i just like the look of the genesis better, that's all. doesn't mean i'm a fanboy, i just like it. i liked the last incarnation of the tiburon too(not the one with the circular lights...the model year after that one). I thought it looked pretty nice.
You have your opinions and I have mine. As far as you having to say your not a fanboy? I did not call you one but the fact that you clarify you are not, makes one wonder if you feel you are? LOL

Honestly Hyundai did take design cues from the Nissan's if you can't see that you are blind in my opinion.
On top of that I feel the first Tiburon was butt ugly and the second one was biting off other peoples designs and not particularly well. Same goes ofr the Genesis like I said before.

On top of all this you have taken this whole thread off topic with profession of love for the Tiburon and Genesis and insistence of sticking up for it.

The thread is about Nissan's and the future 240 not the Ugly ass Genesis and Tiburon's.

Why don't you go buy a Hyundai and join a Hyundai forum seeing as you seem to like them more than Nissan's.

Nothing cracks me up more on this forum a Nissan forum then people who come here and hate on Nissans and people who like them. Then they champion non Nissan cars, and get all upset when people who like Nissan's point all the facts about Nissan's. If you can't handle people liking NIssan's then you should not be here.

Its a Nissan forum not a Toyota Forum, Not a Hyundai forum, Not a any other brand forum.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:16 AM   #93
upsdude
Post Whore!

Quote:
I find it completely funny that you think the 350 or the 370 are ugly but love the Genesis. Seeing as the Genesis bites off the whole 350 and G35 design and does it worse. LOL

I don't know why you find that so hard to believe...i mean people find different things appealing. for me, i like the design of the genesis better than that of the 350z/370z and the fact that it's from an underdog company makes it more appealing to me. The g-lineup is different. i love how they look. the g37 coupe is something i'd pay 35k-40k for...the 370? not so much. the infiniti brand has nice designs IMO. Nissan? eh, the altima coupe, and the new maxima that's about it...oh and the cube's grown on me too I've never really been a fan of the Z chassis. well i take that back the ones from the 70's i like but that's about it. yeah performance wise they kick ass...other than that they're just butt ugly.
I even think the new GTR is ugly-the headlights look like a rip-off of the altima/350. i don't care how well it's engineered it's oooogly to me...i'd take the r34 over that any day.

the problem i have is that all the cool stuff never makes it to america. so the whole "this company knows how to make a sportscar" argument doesn't really mean a whole lot to me. what good is it if most of the fun features of that sports car know-how is only available in japan...or more accurately available to every other country but the U.S.? i wouldn't be surprised if this toybaru ft-thingamabobber gets totally bastardized in the U.S. market. say what you will about the genesis, i like the fact that hyundai went out on a limb with it. Might not have gotten it totally right, but i can get the turbo track edition that comes with the brembos, HID's, and leather for under 30k. and for me, the warranty is a big deal because i like having that assurance. so yeah, it's a car i would consider. Not a fanboy or anything cuz if i was i'd be like calling ppl names over this shit lol...just saying.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:34 AM   #94
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by filiperuvian View Post
I don't know why you find that so hard to believe...i mean people find different things appealing. for me, i like the design of the genesis better than that of the 350z/370z and the fact that it's from an underdog company makes it more appealing to me. The g-lineup is different. i love how they look. the g37 coupe is something i'd pay 35k-40k for...the 370? not so much. the infiniti brand has nice designs IMO. Nissan? eh, the altima coupe, and the new maxima that's about it...oh and the cube's grown on me too I've never really been a fan of the Z chassis. well i take that back the ones from the 70's i like but that's about it. yeah performance wise they kick ass...other than that they're just butt ugly.
I even think the new GTR is ugly-the headlights look like a rip-off of the altima/350. i don't care how well it's engineered it's oooogly to me...i'd take the r34 over that any day.

the problem i have is that all the cool stuff never makes it to america. so the whole "this company knows how to make a sportscar" argument doesn't really mean a whole lot to me. what good is it if most of the fun features of that sports car know-how is only available in japan...or more accurately available to every other country but the U.S.? i wouldn't be surprised if this toybaru ft-thingamabobber gets totally bastardized in the U.S. market. say what you will about the genesis, i like the fact that hyundai went out on a limb with it. Might not have gotten it totally right, but i can get the turbo track edition that comes with the brembos, HID's, and leather for under 30k. and for me, the warranty is a big deal because i like having that assurance. so yeah, it's a car i would consider. Not a fanboy or anything cuz if i was i'd be like calling ppl names over this shit lol...just saying.

I could say I don't know why you find it so hard to believe that Hyundai bit off Nissan. I could say I don't why you find it hard to believe that the Genesis is not ugly. LOL
I will not though but its funny that you find feel that way about my feelings of your opinion.
I do not find it hard to believe, everyone is entitled to what other may consider bad taste. LOL Some guys like blondes some guys like Brunettes.

I am opinionated I won't deny it. Opinions based on facts. Plus you are the one that keeps coming back for more. My previous post had already laid things to rest.

As far as your argument about we get all the reject stuff. LOL That is an old argument that dates to the 90's. In the last 7 years every single Nissan performance car that has been sold in Japan has had the exact same performance specs as its U.S. counterpart. Your argument about them holding back no longer holds water.

Of course with your dislike of the cars you have not taken the time to notice or realize this.

Like I said before if you like the Hyundai so much go buy one and join a Hyundai forum.

I do not like them, they are ugly and they are big. I.E. in my opinion they are a waste of time . End of story.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:15 AM   #95
upsdude
Post Whore!

oh wow i ended up putting up 2 different posts? whoops. was typing one and the window died so i made another post hence the quote twice. haha and you responded to both lol oh well ...i'm pretty embarassed 'bout that.
Quote:
Of course with your dislike of the cars you have not taken the time to notice or realize this.
Hell yeah i dislike most of the new nissan cars. most of em have turned out ugly. i like the brand alot-i have a titan and an s14. my first car was the 84 pulsar;my families owned 2 sentras and a hardbody truck. i've just been trying to have a spirited discussion that's all. but if it sounds like i'm "hating" on nissan so be it. i just haven't liked alot of the designs they've come out with i think most of us here miss the import cars of the 90's no? nowadays it's all about the "green" b.s. and increasingly strict emissions laws 'specially here in cali. All i'm trying to say is, If nissan decides to bring back the 240, and it's a dissappointment i'm not gonna hesitate to try out another brand. the Z isn't an option due to personal taste, but obviously for you that's a different story.
Quote:
Plus you are the one that keeps coming back for more.
dude you think this kind of argument phases me? i'm married this is nothing lol...'gnite.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #96
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Wish it would look like this.

(Repost this in every S16 discussion, for Nissan to see.)

DAMN !!!!!! Thats sick! I want two!

S16 ???
s15specR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #97
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
looks great but it shoulda been made like 3 years ago lol

Nissan would have to make another 4 cylinder for another silvia, the sr20 doesn't meet emissions standards since 2002 IIRC and well, the sr has been used since '88? lol

and as far as the 350z/370z styling, it's ok...definitely not something i go crazy for..I like G35's better. But it doesn't mean I'm against Nissan, there are very few cars that excite me nowadays to be completely honest. I think if Nissan made another silvia it will have the same performance options as Japan, America's tuner market has grown over the past decade where subaru and mitsubishi can stock and sell 40 evo's and sti's in their car lots(I don't think that would've happened back in '95)
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #98
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
damn this is one of the longest threads this category has ever seen I think.

I like the design a little, even if it is a pre-production pre-everything concept. I mean, there are a few things Id personally change, but if this is how the new silvia is going to look, then I'll learn to like it.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #99
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
evos actually aren't doing all that great in terms of sales in the US.
mitsu ommited from making the '09 evo completely.
you can still get some '08 evos (esp the pricey MR's at discount).

then again, everyone's hurting in this economy.
which is maybe why it's not such a bad idea to release something a little later.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #100
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
i didnt ready the whole thread.. but i think we are all hoping the s16 comes to reality but i figure id see if any of yall had seen this.. i kinda like it... but i think it would make a nice awd turbo car like at a subi/evo rival..

Nissan Future and Concept Vehicles | Nissan USA then click sport coupe.

or http://www.nissannews.com/image.do?id=2936
Old 12-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #101
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
damn this is one of the longest threads this category has ever seen I think.

I like the design a little, even if it is a pre-production pre-everything concept. I mean, there are a few things Id personally change, but if this is how the new silvia is going to look, then I'll learn to like it.
Which is frustrating because we've been discussing this for years in the thread in Off Topic. This thread is just a rehash of everything that's already been discussed.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #102
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Which is frustrating because we've been discussing this for years in the thread in Off Topic. This thread is just a rehash of everything that's already been discussed.
Pretty much its the same old stuff, with the same old info, with that same old photoshop.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #103
RyanHampton

RyanHampton is an unknown quantity at this point
I know its been said a 100 times...It looks ugly and cheap. I think Nissan styling is heading towards American influence.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #104
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
There is plenty of room for this car to slot into Nissan's line-up. If it is going effect any sales it would be the Altima coupe which will be closer in price. The Altima coupe currently doesn't even cut into the Z's sales. Which it shouldn't because it's only similar in the sense that it is a coupe.

IMO the way they need to market the new SX is to make it low HP, light, and inexpensive. Alsmost exactly what Toyota's formula is with the FT86.

Price wise it needs to start at $19,900, and option out at $26-$27k. Maxed out that should be with lsd, nav (if they make that an option which I think Nissan would with their inexpensive NAV options they are going with in the future), Aero, leather, etc etc. A sport/track model should be around $23-$25k. That is the sweet spot.

HP should be around 200-240 dpeending on weight. If the thing weighs in at 2500lbs (I know that's a long shot) then 200hp wouldn't be that bad.

This car wouldn't even come close to cutting into the Z's sales at that point.

Plus the SX should be more of a barebones "sports" car to further differentiate itself from the Altima Coupe and Z.

Look, I'm no industry expert but once you break it down there's plenty of room for all three cars to exist if they are marketed right and they all stand out as different entities. Which I think Nissan has the ability to do correctly.

And lets not forget, when the SX originally came here Nissan was on the verge of bankruptcy. They are FAR from that now which only proves they have the capability to pull this off.
Just today regarding the FT-86. My pricing breakdown for the SX doesn't sound so crazy now does it?

Quote:
Update on the FT-86.

REPORT: Track-focused, budget-oriented Toyota FT-86 on the way — Autoblog

Quote:
The latest issue of EVO hasn't dropped into our laps yet, but our favorite Brit pub apparently got the scoop on another variant of the Toyota FT-86 -- one that's supposedly track tuned and considerably cheaper than the model due to arrive in 2011.

Powered by the same Subaru-sourced, Toyota-tuned boxer four, this supposedly stripped out variant could dispatch some of the standard model's amenities and come equipped with upgraded brakes and suspension components specifically designed for track work and drifting duty. According to EVO, a fully optioned FT-86 would carry a price tag of around $27,000, while this budget-oriented performance model will retail for around $22,000 -- a similar setup to the Hyundai Genesis Coupe RSpec.
This is almost what I've been saying all along as far as price for this car and also where the new SX should fit in.

It's the perfect price range for these cars.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #105
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
I just spoke to my friend who works for a company they supply
parts to Nissan and other car manufacturer.
They already have a list of cars planned for next 2 year and sorry
no new rwd coupe from Nissan listed.
They do however are planning a bad ass minivan, seem like the next big battle is
the Sienna vs Odyssey vs Elgrand?
He also said in the next 2 years Ford will come up as #1 in styling.

Personally if I can tell Nissan USA what to do I would tell them to.
Use the S15 chasis, suspension, rear end since all the tooling is already done(that's the
most expensive part about making a car).
Make the car into a hatchback, yes hatchback.
As for styling is simple, Ferrari California headlight and Austin Martin tail lights done.
Then again Nissan will be creative and trying to make their own unique styling
like the 370z, which make it a fuglady?
Old 12-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #106
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post
I just spoke to my friend who works for a company they supply
parts to Nissan and other car manufacturer.
They already have a list of cars planned for next 2 year and sorry
no new rwd coupe from Nissan listed.
They do however are planning a bad ass minivan, seem like the next big battle is
the Sienna vs Odyssey vs Elgrand?
He also said in the next 2 years Ford will come up as #1 in styling.
He works for a company that supplies every single part for Nissan? No offense but a guy that works for an OEM saying it's not coming out isn't absolute proof.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #107
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
I'm sure you know the car is put together with parts from different oem suppliers.
The suppliers will receive list of cars planned for next few years from that manufacturer.
All he saying is that it's not listed in the next 2 year planning list as new model.
I'm just passing info that I got that's extremely reliable, believe it or not I don't care.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #108
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post
I'm sure you know the car is put together with parts from different oem suppliers.
The suppliers will receive list of cars planned for next few years from that manufacturer.
All he saying is that it's not listed in the next 2 year planning list as new model.
I'm just passing info that I got that's extremely reliable, believe it or not I don't care.
I'm aware they get parts from different suppliers. I'm just questioning whether his particular company makes parts for every single Nissan vehicle.

To add, this wouldn't surprise me anyway. The Toyota FT86 is set to come out in 2013. Nissan hasn't even released a serious "this is the next SX" concept. Just random sport coupe concepts with no ties to a production car at all. So even if we see a concept in the next 6-9 months, it wouldn't be out of the question that the car would come out in 2013 or later.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #109
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Can this just get locked or merged already?
Old 12-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #110
rb26man
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
rb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb26man Send a message via Yahoo to rb26man
^^^ lol

rb26man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:30 AM   #111
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
if its small v6 turbo or 2.x liter turbo, rwd, doublewishbone front and rear, excellent rigid/strong chassis, modifable, under 2800lbs and close to 2000lbs when stripped and costs 15-<25k< im potentially parting out my track car and getting it,,,, that is if such a thing happens otherwise forget it. lol
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #112
Adam.G
Leaky Injector

Adam.G is an unknown quantity at this point
matej knows exactly what I want. I would save for a LONG time if needed to buy that version. Any other concept renderings I've seen look no where near as appealing. Just an honest opinion.
Adam.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #113
nismo_nate
Zilvia Member

nismo_nate is an unknown quantity at this point
as long as its not that blue ugly thing
nismo_nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #114
Ceejaayxx
Leaky Injector

Ceejaayxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ceejaayxx
man if they do bring it back it's gonna have soo muchhh technologyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #115
Wes225

Wes225 is an unknown quantity at this point
That thing needs to be crushed, NOW!
Wes225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #116
alfredohmg

alfredohmg is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, im not feeling it
alfredohmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #117
RB24_S14
Zilvia Junkie

RB24_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Wish it would look like this.

(Repost this in every S16 discussion, for Nissan to see.)
From my knowledge I saw this car will come out in the USA. I hope it does. Looks so sexy...Almost as much as the S15...So sexy! But the cube proto type looks like a shit box. I would perfer to drive a civic. Seriously. COMON NISSAN. BRING THE S CHASSIS BACK. I would sell my Kouki and get this in a heart beat!