Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-26-2008, 06:36 PM   #61
SHIFT__Nismo

Trader Rating: (0)
SHIFT__Nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah, sorry to revive this thread, but the original photos aren't working no more, does anyone have photos to confirm for this?

Thanks
SHIFT__Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #62
surreybc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
surreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=254278

cleaning the iacv is one helpful thing. my idle still plummets to 500 rpm when i depress the clutch. seems to be intermittent. my iacv didnt have a gasket. i have seen people selling a gasket for it but i doubt if it needs ones. but not sure. wish there was a complete explanation of the idle system. tried to buy a new iacv but they sent me one with different plugs to mine. so the 1991 is different. amazing how little info is in these forums.
surreybc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #63
SHIFT__Nismo

They thanks for the link, but most of that is pertaining to the S13, I need it for the S14 still.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #64
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Shouldn't be that different

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #65
SHIFT__Nismo

Well the reason I say that is, in one of the articles, it suggests that removing the IAC valve is "easy", on the S14, my s14 anyways, it's clearly not.

What I'd like to see is the instruction and photos, on how I can clean this thing without having to remove the IAC. I want to be able to confirm which hose I can spray into, to clean it.

Thanks for any help though.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #66
surreybc
Zilvia Junkie

surreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond repute
s13 and s14 have the same engine. sorry but it doesnt get anymore simple or explicit

surreybc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #67
SHIFT__Nismo

That photo definitely helps, I know which hose now runs to it from the front.

This thing is between the firewall and the intake manifold. On my S14, it's a tight sqeeze because I'd also have the ABS to contend with.

Thanks for the photo once again.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #68
Zaffie

Zaffie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JigokuZ View Post
thanks... if this trick doesn't work.. try replacing your ECT...
hey man, i cleaned my idle valve well, it ran excellent for about a week then still stalls on me at times, i checked all my vaccum hoses, im going to replace the ECT like u said, but i dont really get how that sensor would play a roll in stalling, please explain. peace
Zaffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #69
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaffie View Post
hey man, i cleaned my idle valve well, it ran excellent for about a week then still stalls on me at times, i checked all my vaccum hoses, im going to replace the ECT like u said, but i dont really get how that sensor would play a roll in stalling, please explain. peace

Defective ECT means pinging/f*ed up timing and horrible a/f ratios.
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:50 PM   #70
Devens240
Zilvia Junkie

Devens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really nice
all i can see for the pics on the first page is red X's :-(
Devens240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #71
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I hate to bring this thread from dead, but also hate to make a new one and then get told to search when I already read this thread...but like said the pix aren't working. I no longer have stock intake, but an injen. So the hose you spray the cleaner in for the IACV...would that be the hose that runs off the bottom plastic T that the valve cover breather hose and the hose running to the intake go to? I see it leads all the way to something under the intake manifold, so I'm assuming thats the one I need to spray...thanks
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:24 PM   #72
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
is this the same for a sr?
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #73
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
Quote:
originally posted by esone3
anyone know if this works for an sr?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14db View Post
yes, same hose on the cold pipe.
. . . .. . . . .

I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #74
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
cool cool i used carb cleaner lol before , its all good ill be atcuallty taking it off soon anyways
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #75
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13pignose View Post
I hate to bring this thread from dead, but also hate to make a new one and then get told to search when I already read this thread...but like said the pix aren't working. I no longer have stock intake, but an injen. So the hose you spray the cleaner in for the IACV...would that be the hose that runs off the bottom plastic T that the valve cover breather hose and the hose running to the intake go to? I see it leads all the way to something under the intake manifold, so I'm assuming thats the one I need to spray...thanks
post up a picture of your setup and we'll be able to help.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #76
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
yeah I personally took my iacv/acc valve off of my intake manifold and sprayed electronics cleaner in there instead of "automotive cleaners." it blew all of the dirt off of the contacts and everything in there and I purchased a new gasket for mine as well. I just need to test it out now to see how that worked.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #77
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light

No pix under the hood of my car, so I found a s14 on yahoo
You see the hoses near the intake manifold... there's 3 that are all connected by a plastic t...one short one u see running off the intake pipe and then one long hose going the the valve cover. The one I sprayed in is the third that is on the bottom part of the t, and runs to some metal pipe underneath the intake manifold.

I used throttlebody and intake cleaner...sprayed and kept the motor from dying by reving the car by hand. I used only half the can cause parents were complaining about the noise lol, but that much seems to have helped. Earlier today my car seemed like it wanted to die at the light and while driving..needle on tach would sorta jump and drop a line. I experienced none of that tonight while driving since I sprayed the cleaner.

So I'm assuming I used the right hose lol..def was a vac hose
Old 01-21-2009, 09:59 AM   #78
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Forgot about posting in this thread..did I spray the right hose as I stated above?

Thanks. Also would AICV only affect idle/stand still or can it affect driving as well? I know the word idle is part of its name, but just wondering

Thanks
Old 08-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #79
Blitz671
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Blitz671 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I apologize for bringing up this old thread but I just want to clarify which hose should I spray the intake cleaner into? Can anyone post a pic since the original pictures aren't working? Thanks!
Blitz671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #80
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Scroll up to post 66. Cant miss the red circle labeled "HOSE", or I guess you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #81
ze12o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
ze12o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
It's the bigger of the two hoses. The one closer to the driver side.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #82
Blitz671
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Blitz671 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze12o View Post
It's the bigger of the two hoses. The one closer to the driver side.
Thanks! I sprayed it with intake cleaner and it definitely helped my idle issues go away.

Last edited by Blitz671; 10-14-2012 at 09:41 PM..
Blitz671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #83
NJ240Drift

NJ240Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
picked up some B-12 chemtool carb, choke & throttle body clean. would this be good to spray in the hose to fix my idle problem ??
NJ240Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #84
soryu
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
soryu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
What about spraying some starting fluid?
soryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #85
240sx44

240sx44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pic

I can't see the pic you are referring too about which hose to spray the throttle cleaner in
240sx44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #86
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
way to fail for your first post
Rob's S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #87
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Why is it a fail when the pictures are not working?
Old 04-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #88
DriftEmperor88
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
DriftEmperor88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So I'm trying to clean mine but don't know which hose is it as well.... the pictures are not functional for some reason. Can someone update the pictures as to which hose it is? TYVM
DriftEmperor88 is offline   Reply With Quote