Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #61
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
is this a street car? why no AC and PS....?

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #62
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Z U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
better question.....why not build the bottom end and have peace of mind?

nissan won't send you a trophy when you make 400hp on stock pistons, i promise.

i'll repeat myself, you can have a perfect tune, but the laws of physics still apply. if you push the limits, you'll eventually find them....and then it's time to rebuild.

your ONE example you cited ,just as i said in my first post, "so and so has been making 948,028,203 horsepower for 3 years on the stock bottom end." just told you he's had forged pistons in there.... i don't understand what you're trying to prove. i made 400+ hp on many stock bottom ends, big deal, they don't last. and nissan didn't come to my house with a plaque saying "Dave congratulations on making 400hp on the stock bottom end."

sure you can ask a million nissan owners and i'm sure you'll find a few who've made your hp goals on stock bottom ends. and you may even find one or two that are so much better than everyone else because theirs lasted...but they're the exception, not the rule.

....... i guess you have money to waste. your friends that are pumping you up to push your shit to the limits aren't gonna help you pay for your rebuild when your motor grenades. the Jesus of all nissans on forum xyz who's made 2 trillion horsepower on the stock bottom end for 5 years without a problem isn't gonna help you pay for your rebuild when your motor grenades. no one in this thread is gonna help you pay for your rebuild when your motor grenades.

tough love sir, but i guess i'm one of the few who give a shit and would like to see you actually enjoy it for more than a couple months...

"experience by far is the best teacher.......but a fool will learn no other way."

Dave

Last edited by Z U L8R; 01-22-2010 at 08:09 PM..
Z U L8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #63
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Very true...to me, making some sort of 'magic forum number' is not worth grenading the bottom end, as ultimatly, who are you going to impress.

...At least a set of forged pistons....

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #64
midnight_rex
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
midnight_rex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thats why i built my bottom and top end with all new components and take measurements over and over so later down the road i can still open my hood and see my precious 400whp+ motor still purr'n. Z U L8R has a VERY GOOD point. at least build the bottom or throw some forged pistons in there so u can enjoy your motor and car longer than 3, 4, 5 or 10 years (overkill).
midnight_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:16 AM   #65
Silviaoneday
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Silviaoneday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
First off I hope you reach your goal but you have some wise people on here telling you to build the bottom end. Zul8r,codyface,midnight all are on the right page. You have a guy who acheived x amount of power on a stock bottom end and is telling you to build yours and not worry. Do it right the first time, build the bottom overkill status and enjoy your car!!!! Try and make the most amount of power on low boost and a safe tune. Not crank the hell out of it on a pissy ass turbo and stock bottom end to acheive numbers you can with a slightly bigger turbo or a built bottom end. I'm not thread bashing you man just giving you some words of advice but two each its own.
Silviaoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #66
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z U L8R View Post

you're stationed in Korea making buku $$
i i know moeny's not a problem with you since you're military e85 is cheap
Dave
You dont make much money in the military out there. Well maybe if you are a higher rank but as an E-4 I wasnt making much.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #67
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

Z U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond repute

he's still making $2k a month and not having to pay any bills or for food. my little brother's in the navy in san diego right now....he's an e5 but BAH alone pays for his living expenses with a couple hundred left over, then his pay check every 2 weeks.

seriously, i'm really a helpful guy on here not a deuschebag. you can go through all my posts if you want. i'd just like to see all this time, money, and energy not go to waste.

best of luck, but hopefully more common-sense than luck

Dave
Old 01-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #68
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z U L8R View Post

he's still making $2k a month and not having to pay any bills or for food. my little brother's in the navy in san diego right now....he's an e5 but BAH alone pays for his living expenses with a couple hundred left over, then his pay check every 2 weeks.

seriously, i'm really a helpful guy on here not a deuschebag. you can go through all my posts if you want. i'd just like to see all this time, money, and energy not go to waste.

best of luck, but hopefully more common-sense than luck

Dave
married + one year old son, i make more than that. build is on hold for a second im trying to get another car for a real good deal.
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:48 AM   #69
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
is this a street car? why no AC and PS....?
when i bought the swap it never had a/c or p/s pump, it sucks ass when its 85+ outside.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #70
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

congrats

my little brother and all his friend's are getting married n shit...i've been with my chick 6 years....i feel the pressure trust me lol.

i'm co-owning a full service repair shop here in GA and making arrangements with my partner to be full owner by Feb 1 of next year so things are looking up for me.

if i don't buy a house i'll be finishing up my ka-t 510 and boosted ls1 240z very soon

i know i was being a little harsh with ya curtis but it's cause i care and wanna see this thing meet your expectations is all.

gl,

Dave
Old 01-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #71
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
when i bought the swap it never had a/c or p/s pump, it sucks ass when its 85+ outside.
I could help you get AC back on there car, PM me

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #72
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
any updates? keep this thread alive!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #73
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Any updates?? OP Whats goin on?!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #74
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Any updates?? OP Whats goin on?!
no updates yet but dont worry i havent forgot about you guys, Im still waaiting on my friend to mount the turbo and tranny hes been slacking, hopefully updates soon.

Last edited by S13 curtis; 02-26-2010 at 12:48 AM..
Old 02-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #75
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
no updates yet but dont worry i havent forgot about you guys, Im still waaiting on my friend to mount the turbo and tranny hes been slacking, somebody is supposed to help him put the tranny in this week so hopefully updates soon.
You should try to do as much of this stuff yourself as you can....you will feel way more proud when you are driving the car and you did the work yourself.

just my experience.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #76
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
You should try to do as much of this stuff yourself as you can....you will feel way more proud when you are driving the car and you did the work yourself.

just my experience.
Im in Korea lol, My car is in Florida

Belive me if I was back home the dyno chart wouldve been up already im pretty handy with motors.

All the parts to get the car running are already there except that Aeromotive FPR that i got Scammed out of by Darkist240 paid $125 for him to take off with my money and recieve nothing.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #77
Fishouse

Trader Rating: (1)
Fishouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deukalionS14 View Post
oh, forgot to add that this was with E85. you know the whole extra 30% fuel and blah blah blah

this was with a 2871r. my bad for not ebing specific
werd. 850cc at stock base pressure is 100% duty cycle at 420whp or so on E85 with my setup, but i run it richer than most would, makes more torque. FTR, i was running 6.7:1 a/f and it made MORE power than 7.5:1
Fishouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #78
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Sorry, I forgot about that Curtis!

Daily driven
Old 02-14-2010, 07:13 AM   #79
Mosaic

Mosaic is an unknown quantity at this point
on the matter of i/c pipe size, shouldn't the hot side be larger than the cold side? Boyle's law etc? Btw isn't that turbo the same Nissan uses on an Xtrail SR20VET stock for 280+ HP low boost?
Mosaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:56 PM   #80
stockbee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
good luck with this build. And I support the above posts pushing forged pistons. Spend now, save later. Isn't that how most things in life work, especially with mechanical parts and electronics?
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 AM   #81
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

only update i have as of now are the TOMEI Procams and RAS were installed ill try and post pics as soon as possiable tranny and clutch are supposed to be finished this week. As far as forged pistons go im in the works of picking up a 2.2L motorset 90mm pistons and the other nic nacks.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #82
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
nice a 2.2 liter. now my only question is why not use the gt3071 chra in stead of the gt2781. you would get the bigger a/r to flow more.

i never realized it was the gt2871 tell i read though this. and yes a built bottem end is nice. my last 400 hp lasted 1000 miles
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #83
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
nice a 2.2 liter. now my only question is why not use the gt3071 chra in stead of the gt2781. you would get the bigger a/r to flow more.

i never realized it was the gt2871 tell i read though this. and yes a built bottem end is nice. my last 400 hp lasted 1000 miles
That has got to be a bad tune or something, because there are plenty of people who push 400 whp on a stock bottom end.

What happened? Did an injector fail? Fuel pump fail?

Daily driven
Old 03-07-2010, 04:03 AM   #84
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
That has got to be a bad tune or something, because there are plenty of people who push 400 whp on a stock bottom end.

What happened? Did an injector fail? Fuel pump fail?
He must of had alot of back pressure from the tiny T2 .64 backside Too much back pressure can create detonation in the cylinder, that stuff kills motors too. If he had a .86 back side or a t3 .63 i think it wouldve been fine, my buddys KA-T blew from too much back pressure in the manifold he had a 2871r . 64 but it was stock bottom end, he now has a 50trim T3 .63 he dyno'd 414.7whp and 435wtq stock internals on E-85 and its been running for over 6 months now with no problems.

Sorry guys about the long wait,i ordered an eletric cut out today from jegs.com 32 bucks for the cut out 149.99 for the eletronic valve, it should also pick up a couple more whp on the top end im hopeing to do a dyno with the valve closed and one with it open after the tuning. my tranny still isnt in but im told it should be installed within the next 4 days.

he is a video of a stock sr20 with the eletronic cutout:
YouTube - 240sx sr20det w/ qtp electronic 3in exhaust cutout valve

YouTube - 89 240sx w/ sr20det and electronic exhaust cutout valve

mines shound beat the ground with the cams i have.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #85
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

So what is the latest status? Are you still using the tubular? Or are you using the Stock manifold?

About the back pressure, are you suggesting this is mostly due to the small turbine housing?

Do you think that the stock manifold with T2 flange but with the special EWG-44 0.72 A/R turbine housing will relieve that backpressure issue?

Daily driven
Old 03-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #86
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
So what is the latest status? Are you still using the tubular? Or are you using the Stock manifold?

About the back pressure, are you suggesting this is mostly due to the small turbine housing?

Do you think that the stock manifold with T2 flange but with the special EWG-44 0.72 A/R turbine housing will relieve that backpressure issue?
yea im still using the tubular manifold, and i think the .72 housing should help out a bit with the back pressure issue at higher boost levels, im thinking it should spool maybe 200rpm later but it should gain close to 20whp or so give or take from the housing swap. i need studs to have the turbo connected to the manifold my friend lost 3 of them i dont know how so he has to go to ACE hardware to get some bolts for it. i really want to get this thing on the dyno already,you just dont know man it sucks waiting this long. AEM EMS still needs to be installed and maf still needs to get eliminated.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #87
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

MAF elimination doesn't count as work, it takes 2 seconds.

Getting the AEM going may take some time....who is tuning it?

Daily driven
Old 03-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #88
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
MAF elimination doesn't count as work, it takes 2 seconds.

Getting the AEM going may take some time....who is tuning it?
I'm either getting it tuned at Delirum motorsport or CFT central florida turbo. I might need to have it towed to the shop.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:04 AM   #89
chuckles

chuckles is an unknown quantity at this point
nice build!!

cant wait to see the numbers from the dyno

keep up the good work
chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #90
240Z28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
thank the s-chassis gods that u r doin something to ur bottem end.. i agree totlally w/ Z U l8r... i want to see u have fun with ur car as long as possible.. gl with build