Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #121
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRB View Post
I did a write up over on skylines AU Cefiro/ Laurel section on these and another version of brackets on my A31 Cefiro.

It is the same install as on a S13 and S14. I have already tried this on a S13.
Useing Track edition brake rotors on Skyline / Z32 Brake calipers

Here is the link: 350Z / G35 Track/ Brembo Rotor Adapter Install On A31 Cefiro - Cefiros and 4 Door Sedans/Taxis - Skylines Australia

If the mods want I can re-write the how to here.

well thank you for that sir!!

using the alum brackets. did you get any kind of vibration or unease during cornering?? and if you have taken it to the track, how did they do??

also iam guessing 17" wheels in the front are manditory??

and how much of a percentage difference do you rate these compared to the regular z32 brakes??
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #122
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
I just did it this weekend and I'm waiting for my rims and other mods to get done and installed this week so I haven't taken her out yet.
I'll update the thread and add impresstions after I break the rotors and new pads in.

Adding an edited write up here:

Quote:
Hey guys I did this install on my car and took some pictures so I'd thought that I would share the info.
Now I'm not exactly too clear if these breakes are a stock option on our cars but I was told that my brakes came off a R33 with my engine when buying my car.
Either way they are aluminum and 30mm just like Z32 and all the lines fit.
I've been ordering parts for it like I would here for a S13/R32.

In this write up I will be posting 2 different adapters that I came accross so you can compare for yourself.

You will need nothing more than the adapters that you can get off ebay or a company of your choice and 350z/ G35 Track rotors with are the same as Brembo rotors.

This allows you basically to runa 12.75 inch brake rotor for more stopping power without doing much work or spending much money.
The rotors should be about the same price as your rotors now.

You will have to run a 17' rim for this upgrade and the rotors only coming in 5 lug so if you have a 4lug setup still you will have to get them re-drilled

Here is a picture of the rotors on a 16' Crown Vic rim for refrence:

I am just provideding pictures for reference if you want to figure out how to change brakes and rotors consult your FSM, it is the same.

The set up, you can see the difference in the 2 rotors.

Here are the 2 types of adapters that I got, one was hardend steel the other was aluminum, the only difference between these 2 was the positioning of the caliper, obviously the weight of the adapters and how many pieces they each had.
They both did the same job.

Take notice of the calipers in relation to the coilover to judge where the caliper is sitting in these pictures.

My favorite were the aluminum ones just because of the simplicity and weight

Aluminum Installed

Hardend Steel

If you notice how far forward this caliper is siting, I tried to flip the adapter to sit the caliper higher but it would hit the coilover.

My car is still on jackstands at the moment waiting to finish installs on a few parts but it should be done in a couple of days.
I'll give a full review then.
Feel free to ask any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.