Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
woolman82

Trader Rating: (0)
woolman82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which mods are next?

Hi,
I am fairly new to the 240 scene and new to forums and am not sure where to go with my car from here. I recently purchased a 93 coupe from awdfury. It is currently equipped with a 180sx black top and modded with greddy front mount, greddy cat back ti exhaust, megan header, megan 02 pipe, greddy cat delete, fujito intake, turbosmart mbc, ksport drift spec coilovers, fno1rc time attack wheels, 300zx big brake and master cylinder upgrade and a full body kit. I have about $2500 to spend and i want to focus on more power. I do have a j30 rear end that i have not installed yet but should installing soon. What mods do you guys recommend? I am going to be using the car just as a fun daily driver not for any type of motorsport. Thanks for the help. Here is a link to the build that my buddy and I did on this car so you can get an idea of its current state.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/174403-93-coupe-build.html
woolman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #2
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
with 2500, i would say bigger turbo, bigger injectors, standalone ecm.
get a gt2871, some 740cc injectors, and a power fc. should be good for around 300-350
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
lightweight aluminum driveshaft, lightweight flywheel, lighter weight clutch, lightweight pullies...

Rotational inertia's a bitch man. You'll free up quite a bit o' power by making stuff lighter, you'll rev faster, and you'll be able to say "i got more aluminum than a 747 yo"
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
lsd, suspension arms.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #5
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
lsd, suspension arms.
what??

You didnt read the j30 rear end... and what are suspension arms? Control arms, tie rods, sway bars... Or if you have some kind of transformer 240sx and it turns into a giant fighting robot, and the suspension turns into arms maybe?

Transformer S-13 FTW
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
power fc, avcr, 2871, and get Chris to tune it for you. he tunes cars for Position 1 Racecraft, Unnatural Inc., and other shops.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
fidanza Aluminum flywheel, drive shaft shop Aluminum drive shaft, unorthodox racing crank pully, greddy aluminum pulley kit, gt2871r,Nismo 550cc injectors and power fc with tune,P2m rocker arm stoppers,Greddy plenum Intake,
Old 09-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #8
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
yea first off, T28 swap w/ injectors and tune. and if u have enough money left get what chuki said
s13drob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
aoiken3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
aoiken3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hot azn chicks. they'll make any car go faster!!!
aoiken3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #10
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Track.

Save that money and spend it getting to the track and the rest can be for those oh shit I bapped the wall incidences.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #11
awdfury
Leaky Injector

awdfury has a spectacular aura aboutawdfury has a spectacular aura aboutawdfury has a spectacular aura aboutawdfury has a spectacular aura aboutawdfury has a spectacular aura aboutawdfury has a spectacular aura about
bump for more help