Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #91
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Wow....You are seriously doing some work! Salute!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #92
Knumb Chucks

Trader Rating: (0)
Knumb Chucks is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice project dude, i wanna do a project to my s14 in the near future but at the moment i need it as my daily driver. good work so far
Knumb Chucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #93
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I should be getting some work done on this, or my S14 this weekend, pitty the 2 hour drive to work on it, but visiting family for the weekend is top priority.
Nismo wheel studs on the S14, then spacers.
S13 should get an intercooler soon.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #94
tougekid
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
tougekid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn kid your almost there!!! keep it up man!! see you the 3rd!!
i like the "!!" button
tougekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #95
tastycakeman
Leaky Injector

tastycakeman is making his/her stupidity well-knowntastycakeman is making his/her stupidity well-knowntastycakeman is making his/her stupidity well-knowntastycakeman is making his/her stupidity well-knowntastycakeman is making his/her stupidity well-known
wowwww. very nice. fight the rust!
tastycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM   #96
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
Question....For the E-brake system is it hydraulic or did you plumb it into your excisting brake system. if it is hydraulic did you set up a remote reservoir?

Great build btw!!!
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #97
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
^hydraulic e-brakes ties into the brake line going from the brake master cylinder to the rear brakes.

Hopefully soon I'll be building a garage here behind the house. Good news is I have my radiator and the intercooler is going to be here Monday, even though my car still doesn't run, I still get excited when new parts get here.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #98
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
man, did you tee that handbrake in?

thats not really how its supposed to work.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #99
NRogge

NRogge is an unknown quantity at this point
damn nice thread!
i cant wait to see it done

keep us updated
NRogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #100
jmd8590
Leaky Injector

jmd8590 is making a name for him/her selfjmd8590 is making a name for him/her self
your a true American hero

i wish i had enough knowledge to complete a project as in depth as this

(in a Borat Voice) *Very Nice*
ha ha jk
jmd8590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #101
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants View Post
man, did you tee that handbrake in?

thats not really how its supposed to work.
It's been plumbed into the rear brake line. If you need some more info read further in this post.

ok, well click this link first
http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16787

here's another just for reference,
http://www.driftcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4374

The instructions that came with it even say:
"input to hand brake must come from master cylinder line that goes to rear brakes."

"output from hand brake must go to rear brakes" and while I haven't made the output line yet, you get the idea that the line going "in" in the picture is the input, the output hasn't been made yet.

I know that it is meant to be a staging brake, but with countless other people using this product for the same application I am, I won't worry.

-To everyone else, thanks for the compliments, it keeps the morale up.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #102
mark@union
Leaky Injector

mark@union is making his/her stupidity well-knownmark@union is making his/her stupidity well-knownmark@union is making his/her stupidity well-known
Thanks in part to fakeshemp's help....I just put the same CNC ebrake in my silvia... super easy installation.....and while I haven't tested it out yet swanggggin, the feel just from playing around with it in the garage is sweet.

ONE TIP THOUGH.... don't play with it when there isn't fluid in it! Apparently it ruins the seals, and then you have to rebuilt it. My friend did it to his, and learned the hard way... luckily about a week before I WOULD have started yanking mine after the test fit.
mark@union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #103
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

^i've probbly already f'd mine up then. It's been bolted in since December of last year
Old 07-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #104
s14kouki44
Leaky Injector

s14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to all
shit is gonna be clean, i probably would've gone crazy with the rust. PROPS!!!
s14kouki44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #105
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
good work!..and keep fighting the rust
Old 07-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #106
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeshemp44 View Post
I know that it is meant to be a staging brake, but with countless other people using this product for the same application I am, I won't worry.
Did no one tell you they have problems with it?

Every CNC brake I've messed with was total dick balls.

Super horror story it'll lock the brakes and won't let them out until you do do like jump kick on the foot pedal type stuff.

everyones gone to the K-Sport style now.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #107
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

I know 3 or 4 people that have them in their cars and have no problems at all from them, actually swear by them. But who knows, everyone has opinions. Just like K sport, personally, I would never put anything K sport on my car, but that's just me.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #108
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Awesome Build! Is that a bit of slack i see on the timing chain between the sprockets tho?
Old 07-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #109
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

^ could be, but the minute you turn the crank it pulls the cams, so I'm not worried, the whole timing set is new, so it's fine I'm sure.

Updates!~!~!~!~!

I spent the better part of Saturday making the brackets that the electric fan bolted to. I know many people use the zip tie method to install their electric fans, but not me. I took the time to make everything replaceable if something ever happens. The fan is a 2400 cfm rating that I got for $40 at the Lowes Auto Fair a while back, cheap enough that if it ever goes out I don't mind getting another.

I tried to find my oem radiator brackets but couldn't, so I made one up real fast just to hold the radiator in place.

The brackets are aluminum, as is the radiator, at some point I'll either polish the brackets of paint them black.

I also did a mock up of my intercooler, measurements are 30x11x3, it came with brackets for an S13, but they were for the pop up headlight front end. Oh well, you know me, I did some adjustments and made it work. Probably have to go back and cut out the front bumper at some point.

^uh oh! Car too low, can't get the jack out, not good.

Later I'll notch the bumper support and go back and weld reinforcement to it so it still has some impact resistance.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #110
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

while the car has been 2 hours away from me for a while now in storage at the parents, I don't want to jump the gun, but I might be getting this thing in the same zip code that I'm in within the next 72 hours. The shop I had the car at closed, now I've been talking with the owner of the building and he's agree'd to let me work on my car in the old building, air compressor, lift, engine hoist, etc. Best part about it? The shop is only blocks from my house.

Word.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #111
DohcKA
BANNED

DohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfection
sick... should be seeing more progress if its closer... keep it up man... if i had the resources i'd do the same
DohcKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #112
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

breaking news, my S13 is now less than a mile from the house.

updates should start flowing steadily soon
Old 08-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #113
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
All it takes is priorities! Keep it up!
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #114
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

finally snapped a few dank pics of the car today when I was working on it, I removed the intake manifold to take off the iacv as I won't be using it when the car is done, While I was in there I had to snap a pic of the intake runner, still amazed at how smooth it is.

the iacv removed, and the hole exposed, I'll be making a block off plate for it soon even though leaving it open won't hurt anything.

for some reason the tps that came on this engine was an automatic, I finally got my 5 speed tps here and after removing the auto tps, realized that the 5 speed version requires longer screws to hold it in, the screws shown here will hold it on, but they only have at most a good turn and a half when tight.

not exactly happy with the oil cooler being mounted with the fittings on the top like that, I would much rather have it mounted with the fittings on the left side that way the feed could be on top and the return on bottom, to me it makes more sense, but I'm still undecided as to if I will change it or not, going to try to make the fitting and hoses soon, but being that I got a speeding ticket Sunday, I'm trying not to spend money I don't have to until I find out what my court cost will be.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:41 PM   #115
300zxdude

300zxdude will become famous soon enough300zxdude will become famous soon enough300zxdude will become famous soon enough300zxdude will become famous soon enough
I want your car!
300zxdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:32 PM   #116
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I highly suggest moving that oil cooler to the passenger side under the headlight.. depending on how you run your IC piping you will have sufficient room to place it in that location.. keep in mind that fmic gets hot, then your oilcooler, then the air gets to your radiator.. plus you are not running an OEM clutch fan.. If i could i would run it like there is no tomorrow.. too bad they dont work with RB's :-(
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #117
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

I didn't get a chance to mess around with the oil cooler today, I didn't feel like taking the intercooler off to get to it, but I'll mess with it Monday since I'm off work for once.

I've had a RHD S13 bmc sitting around for a while, finally got around to bolting it on until I upgrade to the R32 N1 bmc, I went ahead and bent up some brake lines so when I'm moving the car around the shop I won't have to worry about stopping it before it hits something. The next thing on the list is to make the hand brake functional, as right now it just looks nice.

Start with a 0.95 cent piece for line that is already flared with fittings on it, got it at Advance Auto Parts

I always put tape on the fittings, main reason being when your bending up line the fittings tend to slide back and forth, and it never fails to get stuck between 2 bends and end up not being at the end of the line where you want it to be, just something to keep in mind and make your life easier.

tube bender, check

the section I'm bending here will go from the bmc to the rear brake adapter that is bolted to the right side of the engine bay where the frame rails meet the firewall.

after one more bend, some wiggling and a few hand made adjustments you get the final product

then on to bending the brake line that would go to the passenger side front brake caliper, this line I bought at Advance Auto also, but it came up about 2 inches to short, my girlfriend complains I have the same problem in bed. Later I'll come back with a double female fitting and add a little bit more line.

you can see here where it is just short enough to not make it to the hole, the story of my life.

the last piece of brake line I also purchased today and it was just long enough to make it to the driver side front brake caliper. Here you see all the brake lines I made up today, pretty soon I'll have the brake system front to rear functional.

an overhead, low light view

I'm in the process of making a IACV block off plate, I started by making this template.

a few parts that came in recently that haven't been put to use yet. . .

^16 gallon with foam, dual outlet sump, and a 90 ohm sending unit, even the gas needle on this hunk o' junk will work when it's done, I've already tested it to make sure.

and what's a fuel cell without a fuel pump?

1000 gallons per hour might seem like overkill (and it is) but it's a cheap insurance policy imo.

In case you didn't know, I'm somewhat of a Sparco-phile, I have two Sparco Speeds for this car, but they are for the track. I also have the Sparco Lap 3 steering wheel already installed with the NRG quick release and stubby hub. Now to add to the Sparco-philia (is that even a word?) these aluminum pedals are made to bolt over your stock pedals or be your pedals, I opted to mount the pedals and then remove all the unneeded material that was the original pedal that these bolted over.

Someone at some point is going to ask "how much longer till it's done?" I've stopped worrying about that, I'm not counting time anymore, I'm counting money. You figure some 1000cc injectors, GT3076R (yeah, I changed my mind), twin scroll manifold with twin wastegates, intercooler piping, downpipe, engine management and fuel cell fittings/ line. I know that's not everything, but it's a major chunk. I'm not even worried about the looks of the car anymore, I just want it running.

Enjoy.

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 08-30-2008 at 07:47 PM..
Old 08-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #118
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Awesome.........
Old 08-31-2008, 03:10 PM   #119
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

I never got around to finishing the brake lines to the Z32 rears, so I'll be getting to that tomorrow hopefully. Then try to get the whole system bled and test the hand brake, I CAN'T WAIT!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #120
Ca_Silvia
Leaky Injector

Ca_Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock s13 BMC with Z32 brakes suck man, i ran them for 2 years and the pedal feel was so scary. And search yahoo auctions japan, because some auto skylines came without ABS. I know because i got one on my Sil.