Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-25-2021, 03:35 PM   #1
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Just in case anyone was wondering.

We know, we just can't do shit about it until WeST decides to get back to me.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2021, 12:09 PM   #2
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Just in case anyone was wondering.

We know, we just can't do shit about it until WeST decides to get back to me.
What is the likelihood of that happening? I saw one post somewhere that it's been two years since anyone has talked to the owner.

Assuming that continues - is there any alternative option? Mirror the site and move it over to Zilvia.Com/cc/jp.co/.rus or something?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:19 PM   #3
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
hmm...I vote we move to carrier pigeons. It'll help cut down on useless banter (like this post).
Old 04-27-2021, 10:18 PM   #4
240meowth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240meowth
Old 04-27-2021, 11:18 PM   #5
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
I hope we can save Zilvia
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:34 AM   #6
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Can we place a mechanic's lean on the title and if he doesn't get back in 30 days someone else can take over. I worry that some day it won't be recoverable.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:50 AM   #7
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Can we just swing by his house and hold pitch forks / torches at his door.....

Just to be a little more demanding?
Old 04-28-2021, 04:10 PM   #8
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
He's on LinkedIn. I hate LinkedIn with a passion and don't have Premium but if you have Premium and want to cold-message someone, shoot me a PM and I'll link you to his profile.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:25 PM   #9
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^^ Bet he would ignore that too.

I hope someone comes up with something to save the site. With the 400z coming out. I'd love to see the site updated to VB5 and a 400z section added.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:33 PM   #10
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Surely someone can acquire the domain and continue running it, like with nrr (alex heres looking at you)
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:52 AM   #11
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
What is the likelihood of that happening? I saw one post somewhere that it's been two years since anyone has talked to the owner.

Assuming that continues - is there any alternative option? Mirror the site and move it over to Zilvia.Com/cc/jp.co/.rus or something?
I've downloaded a backup of the forum database, but apparently there's an issue in vB where the process will time out, resulting in an incomplete dB. I don't have a copy of vbulletin to test it on, so getting a direct backup from the server directly would be ideal. I don't have root, admin, ftp or any other access to it. Just the vB admin panel on web front-end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Can we place a mechanic's lean on the title and if he doesn't get back in 30 days someone else can take over. I worry that some day it won't be recoverable.
That'd be nice.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:11 AM   #12
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
One of my other staple forums (r3vlimited.com, an e30 forum) is running into the same issues: broken site, poor performance, unresponsive owner.

I'm willing to pay a monthly subscription; I'm not currently signed up for Premium because it's hard to subscribe to something run by the Invisible Man.

I hope Mark doesn't take offense to this thread. I'm in no way advocating a hostile takeover and I don't think any of us are. We just want something that we've been a part of for the better part of two decades to continue in a usable, useful fashion and for the knowledge base to be accessible to both us and future owners of these cars.
Old 04-30-2021, 01:36 PM   #13
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
We just want something that we've been a part of for the better part of two decades to continue in a usable, useful fashion and for the knowledge base to be accessible to both us and future owners of these cars.
Exactly. I have been on Zilvia since I was in my teen y ears as a lurker and I am in my 30's now.

There was a time when the for sale section would have PAGES uploaded in a single day.

When the chat section would go back a page or two.

If you search something S-chassis related 9.5/10 it is leading you back here.

Plain and simple I love the site and you assholes and do not want to see it die.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:59 PM   #14
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
DP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Exactly. I have been on Zilvia since I was in my teen y ears as a lurker and I am in my 30's now.

There was a time when the for sale section would have PAGES uploaded in a single day.

When the chat section would go back a page or two.

If you search something S-chassis related 9.5/10 it is leading you back here.

Plain and simple I love the site and you assholes and do not want to see it die.
I remember a time you'd refresh there'd be either half a page of new listings or bumps. lol.

I dont wanna see Zilvia die. sounds tragic. I still lurk some of the pages for help. I actually have a bunch of bookmarked pages.
Old 04-30-2021, 11:36 PM   #15
DatCamber
Zilvia Junkie

DatCamber is an unknown quantity at this point
Does no one have contact with him? I work in IT and I'd love to assist with this. It would be an easy job. I heard the site is self-hosted in house, could be wrong though. Need to move it to a proper server with better uptime and fix all these DB errors!
DatCamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:47 AM   #16
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Humanity is broken
-Nihilist
Old 05-01-2021, 01:27 PM   #17
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Its not broken its just exclusive. Like one of those "you can't come here" deals that makes people want to get in even that much more

good for business 10/10
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:45 PM   #18
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatCamber View Post
Does no one have contact with him? I work in IT and I'd love to assist with this. It would be an easy job. I heard the site is self-hosted in house, could be wrong though. Need to move it to a proper server with better uptime and fix all these DB errors!

Its less having contact with him and more of him not responding to said contact.

I think the servers are at his house IIRC.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:05 PM   #19
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Is he alive?
Or was there drama?
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 12:36 AM   #20
240jake
Zilvia Member

240jake is an unknown quantity at this point
also in IT, this should be an easy problem to resolve if we can get a full database dump. someones gotta be able to reach this dude. We have so many feels about this site due to being on here since literally we were kids.
240jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:34 AM   #21
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240jake View Post
also in IT, this should be an easy problem to resolve if we can get a full database dump. someones gotta be able to reach this dude. We have so many feels about this site due to being on here since literally we were kids.
We repeat: contacting is not the issue. Receiving a response to said contact is.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 01:02 PM   #22
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

I'ma send him a letter. I have an address, I'm sending a letter.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:19 PM   #23
240KA
Zilvia Addict

240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
We repeat: contacting is not the issue. Receiving a response to said contact is.
ok so up your "contacting game" then. what contact methods have you guys tried? sounds like the method that will get a response hasn't been tried yet. linkedin, facebook, myspace, text, email, phone call, sending letters to his house...
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:06 AM   #24
DatCamber
Zilvia Junkie

DatCamber is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Its less having contact with him and more of him not responding to said contact.

I think the servers are at his house IIRC.
I did some digging, and see the servers aren't self hosted. Actually hosted by Digital Ocean... so the drives shouldn't explode overnight. The VBulletin version is just so damn out of date and vulnerable to a lot of exploits. Really should be updated.
DatCamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #25
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
A VB update and "400z" section with the release of the new Z car could really help this site thrive again. The new Z is going to be great. Now that I think of it, aside from the infrequent Z32 posts, I don't really ever see any Z33 and Z34 posts on here. Seems the Z guys are using other forums?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:55 PM   #26
Kylerkickass240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Kylerkickass240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I'ma send him a letter. I have an address, I'm sending a letter.
I hope this works. Make sure you're nice so he doesn't double down on his unresponsiveness
Old 05-11-2021, 03:12 AM   #27
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240KA View Post
ok so up your "contacting game" then. what contact methods have you guys tried? sounds like the method that will get a response hasn't been tried yet. linkedin, facebook, myspace, text, email, phone call, sending letters to his house...
Everything short of showing up to the house, now shut up.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:51 AM   #28
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
hmm..maybe we could just all move over to nico...scumbag up what they've got going on over there.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:14 AM   #29
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
hmm..maybe we could just all move over to nico...scumbag up what they've got going on over there.
The concern isn't creating new content or discussions.

The concern is that 99% of 240SX questions you ask in Google link to a Zilvia thread.
Whitey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:53 AM   #30
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
Stop it! I left Nico to come here.