Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #1
xtreme_s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
xtreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xtreme_s14
s14 Idle Problems

i'm sure this has been posted before, but to be honest, i just got home from work, i'm tired, and i have no time to look it up.. sorry! but here it goes..

when i'm in neutral and i turn the steering wheel, my idle jumps up and down (goes up about 1000rpm, down to 100rpm) and balances out after a few seconds.. same thing when i turn on the headlights, turn on the foglights, and/or high beams, but doesn't do it as drastic (up 1000rpm - down 500rpm).. when the headlights, foglights, and/or high beams are on, the idle jumps up and down continuously until i turn them off.. i've checked the alternator and it checked out fine.. i've been told it may be the power steering hose, tps, or vacuum hoses, but i don't see a logical reason why it would do it for the headlights, foglights, and/or high beams.. if there's anyone else out there that has encountered this problem, and has fixed it, please.. let me know! thanks in advance for your input and time!
xtreme_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2005, 01:40 AM   #2
007jpang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
007jpang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
maybe it some kind of ground problem

john

April 24th, 1915
http://www.shockdrifting.com
007jpang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:33 AM   #3
xtreme_s14
Zilvia Addict

xtreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond repute
that may be the reason for the whole lighting problem.. occasionally, my car won't start 'coz the ground from the battery would be loose and i'd have to wiggle the thing for the car to start.. i'll check that out tomorrow, but the turning of the steering wheel..? thanks for the input!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:51 AM   #4
s13gonwild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
s13gonwild is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bad battery/alternator, check it again...ived had alternators check out good..and ended up being bad..or could be a ground.

good luck
s13gonwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #5
xtreme_s14
Zilvia Addict

didn't feel like starting a new thread.. my car has been putting out black smoke from the exhaust only when i take off on first gear.. i have a z32 fuel filter & 3 inch MR exhaust.. am i running rich? is it because i have an oversized fuel filter? i haven't changed my air filter.. could it be that the air to fuel ratio is off? perhaps my cat? (water spits out from my exhaust, so it couldn't be the cat! ..or can it?) let me know if you guys have any idea what it may be.. i've read up on some stuff from the forum, but it just seems that it constantly happens with their cars.. compared to my situation, it happens only on first gear.. so far! thanks!