Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
dac2828

Trader Rating: (0)
dac2828 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problem with brand new vendor on this forum

This problem has just started and it may get resolved so I don't want to put their name/business up as of yet. They recently listed some cool and new to the market items for sale and I purchased one for $160 shipped 3 days ago.

I PM'ed them and they sent me some additional pictures and I was going to purchase a second item that they advertised for $150 because he offered it for just $120 more but I decided to hold off to make sure the first item came in good condition, fit, quality etc etc.

So, I sent the $160 on Sept 1st, Monday. I talked with the seller over the weekend. After he got the money he told me he would ship it on Tuesday or Wednesday. So, today I get an email telling me to cancel the payment I sent to him by paypal and to send it to a different paypal email address so he can ship it today.

I have a lot of experience with buying a selling online so I know this is a big red flag. I tell him I can only dispute the item and if paypal has closed his account and/or holding his funds it could take a few weeks for me to get the money back and I don't want to send him another $160 until I get the first $160 back that I sent to him. I may be wrong about this... if his account is closed paypal may give me the money back right away. Maybe someone can correct me on this because I do want to help the guy out and I do want my item. Also, I've already jumped the gun trusting a new vendor in anticipation of receiving this product I ordered and having it ship when he said it would. I called my buddy at the shop all excited telling him I'd be dropping the car off for him to install it and do some other work which I may now have to call him back and look like an idiot and waste his time and tell him the product may not come on time or at all. Anyway...

I just wanted to use this forum to post this information and I will follow up in a day or two with an update so no one else has to deal with this. Hopefully it gets resolved and this seller can figure out his paypal situation without getting me too much involved. I am really excited about this seller, they have some really cool new items and he posted some good reviews so we'll see what happens.
dac2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
dac2828

Trader Rating: (0)
dac2828 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
After many back and forth PMs the seller refunded the money and I sent to the other paypal email address. Looking forward to seeing the product, hopefully everything works out well. I'm optimistic it will.
dac2828 is offline   Reply With Quote