Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #6931
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
i need some new wheel studs and lug nuts that will fit 5zigen fno1r-c 17". im looking at these circuit sport 60mm studs and gorilla lug nuts. im just wondering if theyre compatable with each other and the wheels. Circuit Sports 60mm Extended Wheel Studs S13 S14 240SX
Gorilla 21123RD Close End Conical Seat Steel Lug Nuts 12mm x 1.25 Red
The Gorilla's will fit in the FN's bore. I don't know if you will bottom them out on the extended studs. Is there a reason you need extended studs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismonismo240sx View Post
So I just installed some pbm adjustable tension control rods. The steering is way more responsive and even effected my braking.

My concern is that when I brake and pass by potholes or cracks on the road. It makes creaking and cracking sounds. Way more than before. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried these and had the same results...
Did you get an alignment to make sure your Caster is the same or at least equal on both sides?

You will notice speed-bumps and potholes a lot more because there is no rubber bushing to absorb the pull on the rod from the wheel hitting the object. The creaking is probably just the new bearings setting. But a cracking noise isn't good. Are the rod ends centered in the bearing?

Also, inspect the TC rod brackets that bolt to the core support and frame. The original owner of my car liked to park on curbs so they were bent and replacing them got rid of the squeaking sound.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #6932
lennys13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
lennys13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any other help on my trade question could really use all the advice i can get ... Id quote but idk how
lennys13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #6933
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
^^Dont do it....... Seriously.

and you quote by clicking the little button in the bottom right of your original post.
It says "quote" on it.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #6934
lennys13
Leaky Injector

Any main reasons why? And did i mention i still have to go 3hrs away to pick it up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
^^Dont do it....... Seriously.

and you quote by clicking the little button in the bottom right of your original post.
It says "quote" on it.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #6935
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I have seen some cars with small pipe as radiator hoses instead of the full hose, is there an advantage for that or is it just for looks???
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:16 AM   #6936
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennys13 View Post
Ok. I got 2 questions if anyone can help would be great.. im trading my s13 twin cam with a silvia front end and coils stage 3 clutch and ka twin cam smogged tagged .. just needs power steering and some minor interior parts... For a 96 s14 with ka not running or smogged or tagged and salvaged title .. but hell give me a kouki bumper and 400 on top... Is it a good trade????? Second I'm droping in a Sr in the s14 ASAP need all oil gaskets and fuel pump where's the cheapest place I can get these? Thanks
PROS:
silvia front end
coils
stage 3 clutch
smogged tagged

CONS:
96 s14
not running or smogged or tagged and salvaged title

How is that even a question? Just the fact that your going from a clean title running smogged tagged car to the polar opposite is enough of a reason. Just SR the S13 and buy a clean title cheap s14 down the road.

Just take my word for it, stick with the cleanest car possible. Unless your looking for a project. Then still keep the s13 and build a project on the side.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #6937
lennys13
Leaky Injector

Yeah ill probablly go ahead and do that ... Already have sr sitting there waiting to be swapped in... Thanks helped alot.
Quote:
PROS:
silvia front end
coils
stage 3 clutch
smogged tagged

CONS:
96 s14
not running or smogged or tagged and salvaged title

How is that even a question? Just the fact that your going from a clean title running smogged tagged car to the polar opposite is enough of a reason. Just SR the S13 and buy a clean title cheap s14 down the road.

Just take my word for it, stick with the cleanest car possible. Unless your looking for a project. Then still keep the s13 and build a project on the side.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #6938
nismonismo240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
nismonismo240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Did you get an alignment to make sure your Caster is the same or at least equal on both sides?

You will notice speed-bumps and potholes a lot more because there is no rubber bushing to absorb the pull on the rod from the wheel hitting the object. The creaking is probably just the new bearings setting. But a cracking noise isn't good. Are the rod ends centered in the bearing?

Also, inspect the TC rod brackets that bolt to the core support and frame. The original owner of my car liked to park on curbs so they were bent and replacing them got rid of the squeaking sound.
Actually I questioned the ends of the tc rods being centered now because when I was adjusting them to the same size as the original ones, the end where the bearing is would move. I'll try to post pictures up.

The brackets are slightly bent on the driver side but I don't think its bad enough to affect the tc rods.

As for the alignment. I haven't gotten it done yet. But I did get it checked out and the caster seemed pretty even.

Last edited by nismonismo240sx; 07-21-2011 at 12:00 PM..
nismonismo240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #6939
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
S15 complete Subframe and Rear end - Drop in S14?

Ok..seen mostly threads on fitting it to a S13 (which that can clearly be done) with the Misaligned Bushings Stance makes...but
Will it fit in a S14 with No modifications to Drive shaft (same OEM shaft) and 5speed 13SR Trans??

This will be a Complete Rear end with pumpkin/HLSD,axles,all the Arms etc?
Any Confirmation?
Everyone seems to say "its the same"

Need to know ASAP.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #6940
stockbee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
Can anyone identify what these two boxes from my S14 control?

Thanks
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #6941
quantum-kid

quantum-kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Moonface Coilovers

so i am about to order some coilovers finally and ive decided i want a set of moonfaces. they have two coilover types damper d style and damper g style, i cant go to their homepage for some reason and ive searched around and cant find what im looking for. what i want to know is what is the difference in spring rate and dampening between the two. also if anyone is currently using them how well they like them and if theyd recommend them, if not what coilover do you recommend for the same price range?
quantum-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #6942
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I've never even heard of moonface coilovers.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #6943
quantum-kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
I've never even heard of moonface coilovers.
theyre on nengun.com theyve been around for a while and have been rigorously tested on the track and streets of japan. there are a few threads on here about them but nothing showing the spring rate and dampening.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #6944
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum-kid View Post
so i am about to order some coilovers finally and ive decided i want a set of moonfaces. they have two coilover types damper d style and damper g style, i cant go to their homepage for some reason and ive searched around and cant find what im looking for. what i want to know is what is the difference in spring rate and dampening between the two. also if anyone is currently using them how well they like them and if theyd recommend them, if not what coilover do you recommend for the same price range?
They are the same rates(D&G).
S14/S15 Front 10kg/mm, Rear 5~9kg/mm(progressive)
S13 Front 8kg/mm, Rear 5~9kg/mm(progressive)
Old 07-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #6945
quantum-kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
They are the same rates(D&G).
S14/S15 Front 10kg/mm, Rear 5~9kg/mm(progressive)
S13 Front 8kg/mm, Rear 5~9kg/mm(progressive)
thank you very much!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #6946
Nissan87
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
Nissan87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Anyone know the weight on the Nismo ball shift knob?
Nissan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #6947
lennys13
Leaky Injector

Anyone selling intercooler and piping for an sr??
Old 07-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #6948
nevertheless
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
nevertheless is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My Sr will start hesitating when Im stepping on the gas at a constant speed, but will go away if I step on it or let off. Anybody know what it could be?
Old 07-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #6949
JoseArias

JoseArias is an unknown quantity at this point
FLange fell off of my 180sx VLSD pumpkin

My flange fell off of my 180sx pumpkin which i bought a month ago Is there any way of fixing like at a shop or something or if i leave it like that and put the axle would it be secure enough not to fall off
JoseArias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #6950
igreek
Leaky Injector

igreek is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone used something like this?

It's an 80mm Apexi Exhaust Control Valve. I recently purchased an Isis 4" dual straight pipe and I expected it to be loud, but I was wondering if this would be worth it? Just to quite it down during night times and whenever it is needed. Also, where does it install? In between the cat/test pipe and the exhaust?

Thanks!
igreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #6951
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan87 View Post
Anyone know the weight on the Nismo ball shift knob?
Email a Seller and ask them to weigh it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennys13 View Post
Anyone selling intercooler and piping for an sr??
Uh what? look in the for sale section, post a wewanted to buy ad, look through or advertisers, or google it.
why would you ask that here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseArias View Post
My flange fell off of my 180sx pumpkin which i bought a month ago Is there any way of fixing like at a shop or something or if i leave it like that and put the axle would it be secure enough not to fall off
Can you explain a little better. doesnt sound like something you should drive on. And any driveline/tranny shop should be able to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igreek View Post
Has anyone used something like this?

It's an 80mm Apexi Exhaust Control Valve. I recently purchased an Isis 4" dual straight pipe and I expected it to be loud, but I was wondering if this would be worth it? Just to quite it down during night times and whenever it is needed. Also, where does it install? In between the cat/test pipe and the exhaust?

Thanks!
Search dude, seriously.

Plenty of people us them and all the questions you just asked are EASILY answered by the apexi website. Not to mention numerous videos of it installed on youtube.

Imagine that....... the Apexi site even has installation instructions.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #6952
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Ok guys does anyone know off the top of their heads what Wed Kranze wheels are made off. Is it alluminum inner barrel and stainless steel outer lip? Alluminum face? Im trying to get a quote for chroming and the shop needs to know the metal types of the wheel.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #6953
.emerson.
Leaky Injector

.emerson. is an unknown quantity at this point
Tokico HTS shocks? reviews?
.emerson. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #6954
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
why does my car look like a bad 80's movie?
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #6955
igreek
Leaky Injector

igreek is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Search dude, seriously.

Plenty of people us them and all the questions you just asked are EASILY answered by the apexi website. Not to mention numerous videos of it installed on youtube.

Imagine that....... the Apexi site even has installation instructions.
That's the first thing I do, before I ask questions. I have seen everything you are talking about. I was just wondering if more s-chassis individuals have experience with them. I appreciate it, but I'm not one to ignorantly ask questions.
igreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #6956
SoCalDrifter
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
SoCalDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I need help my e brake doesnt work when i drift ive tightened and loosened the little bolt thing on the ebrake and it doesnt change anything but it will work when i put it in park mode (drift knob) any idea what it could be?
SoCalDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #6957
NOLAG
Leaky Injector

NOLAG is an unknown quantity at this point
is this the correct spot for this?(vacuum block)?
installed a vacuum block and for some reason its not strong enough to open my BOV ,also i might have a vacuum leavk did the carb cleaner trick and cant find nothing....my questions are is this vacuum block in a good place?(dont mind the black vacuums,their teed into eachother because i didnt have caps)

also when i removed my EGR ,i was left with one open vacuum i plugged with a screw scene in this picture,but now using it for my boost gauge ..just figured id show incase i was doing somthing wrong..any ideas?thanks
NOLAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #6958
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Ok I'm trying to get vlsd for my stock s14 5spd I wanna Get vlsd but still remains stock I got a guy selling me an an s14 vlsd but the guy selling one doesn't know if it's a jdm or usmd or if it came from at or mt. I know they have different gear ratio. My question is there a simple way of finding out and how dose different ratio effect my car?

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #6959
NOLAG
Leaky Injector

NOLAG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_86 View Post
Ok I'm trying to get vlsd for my stock s14 5spd I wanna Get vlsd but still remains stock I got a guy selling me an an s14 vlsd but the guy selling one doesn't know if it's a jdm or usmd or if it came from at or mt. I know they have different gear ratio. My question is there a simple way of finding out and how dose different ratio effect my car?
There is no difference between them. Both parts were made in japan, so technicaly the usdm one is jdm. Both are the exact same clutch type VLSD
NOLAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #6960
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAG View Post
There is no difference between them. Both parts were made in japan, so technicaly the usdm one is jdm. Both are the exact same clutch type VLSD
Really? I been searching the only thing I found was a chart that showed they where different. Could u foward me more info that show me what ur saying is true?

The ultimate final drive gear ratio thread. : 240SX Technical Forum

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote