Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #31
1stock240

Trader Rating: (0)
1stock240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anybody figured this out yet. I have the same problem with the thermostat and everything. Took thermo out and not overheating but same idle issues exactly.
1stock240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #32
jdmspooge
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
jdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
hmm, im having similar problems with mine. stumbling during high throttle during mid 3rd gear. thought maybe its a fuel pump thing. some say maf some say throttle pos sensor, some say injectors, some say egr. so, i took the egr out, blocked it, now it won't idle. hmm im stumped as well. my poor car. i was gonna sell it and now this dumb temperamental stuff occurs.
jdmspooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:48 AM   #33
Koukiman

Koukiman is an unknown quantity at this point
any update on this?
Koukiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #34
SilviaSpec

SilviaSpec is a well-known jackass
This sounds like a similar problem that I'm having with my '95 S14 (automatic trans). Mods are AEM intake and Megan Racing catback exhaust. I've got NGK wires and NGK single prong Iridium plugs. I just changed fuel filter out and put in a WIX brand Z32 filter. Car will bog down while under acceleration (feels like it's trying to stall). I actually had it bog down pretty hard today and then backfire. One day it bogged down and bucked so hard that I thought I got hit from behind! LOL! This was after I punched the accelerator to the floor. Car does not do this all the time, but the problem seems to be progressively getting worse. My guess is a bad MAF, but I cleaned it with electrical cleaner a few weeks ago. Any more insight on this? Fuel pump maybe? I really want to keep the car, but i'm getting tired of the mystery like the other guy. I've got a new PCV valve as well that needs to be put in just to see what happens with that.
SilviaSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #35
killingtime

killingtime is an unknown quantity at this point
check for any leaks on your intake pipes after the MAF, air leaks after the sensor would cause your car to misfire, stumble on acceleration or even die out, another thing to check is if you still have a cat, make sure it's not plugged...hope it helps!
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #36
Mteg9

Mteg9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like ima have to join this topic. Having misfire on my 97 kouki ( auto trans). Mods include godspeed intake manifold 1 month old. Obx headers 3 weeks old. Misfire literally started this morning. I know i hae a bad battery becuase the car takes FOR EVER to crank like if its slow motion but after a couple heart stoping moments ( 10 seconds about more or less ) she fires. Then the misfiring starts as the engine gets warm. I work with a bunch of techs they said change the battery and see if the problem persist. Thats what il be doing tonite. Keep you guys posted.
Mteg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #37
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Seriously check your MAF. I just got done dealing with the perfect storm of idle issues and it turned out being my MAF as the root issue. Sad thing is my old bad MAF that got replaced last year fixed today's issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #38
killingtime

killingtime is an unknown quantity at this point
Check your grounds too, maybe pull your spark plugs and see what condition they are. As I've said before, and since you installed a new int manifold, just double check you don't have any leaks
Old 11-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #39
Mteg9

Mteg9 is an unknown quantity at this point
UPDATE* i was able to zero in on the source to my problems. I was misfiring so much the car literally got me sick while i was at a red light... i noticed the car smelled a lot like fuel, my gas milage made me thing i was driving an 18 wheeler and i had fire coming out the exuast as a result of my car backfiring.
I had fun with the backfire for a little before i fixed the problem.
I popped the hood and started unplugging. injectors 1-3 made the car almost bog out. #4 injector when disconnected didnt change the cars idle or anything. So narrowed it to injector # 4 then did an ohms test and it passed. I figure the injector is stuck wide open, which would be the reason for fuel smell, long crank ups and enormas backfires on my automatice N/A S14. Pulled the injector out and found the culprit.

The second O-ring was in shreads . Figured i just just but another injector for 20 bucks used from a buddy in good condition just until i swap all 4. The car now runs like nothing had ever happened. Hope i was able to andwer some questions here. I do still have one question. on the fuel rail the little cap that goes over the injector with two srews as you can see

( TIP OF THE DAY** IF YOU ARE ABLE TO REMOVE THE SCREWS HOLDING THESE CAPS ON , I HIGHLY RECOMENED SWICHING TO METRIC BOLTS THESE ARE A METRIC 9 ITS WELL WORTH IT AND IT ONLY COST A COUPLE BUCKS IF NOT POCKET CHANGE FOR ALL 8 AND WASHERS. THEY WONT STRIP AS EASILY AS THE SCREWS AND ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO GET NEW HARDWARE. )

my #1 injector the cap broke ontop. I notice the other caps have a rubber ( O-ring ) and a little metal spacer. Can can this the way it is be a problem or cause some fuel to leak out? Like vapors cus i do still smell a little fuel when diving. My freind owns a shop for nissan and said that will cuase the smell of fuel. Does anybody else know about this to be true?... Would be nice to find out thanks and once again i hope i answered some unanswered questions related to this topic.
Mteg9 is offline   Reply With Quote