Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #181
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
just add a resonator?

not the box ones but the tubed ones.
I added a 14" Flowmaster to my Borla Comp exhaust (basically straight pipe to the CAN) and it didnt do much to silence it. Still loud as fuck.

My , find an exhaust with a tone you like, cause modifying it is iffy, and silencers are :ghey:
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #182
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
All the exhausts I like have 3" piping. At the same time, I'd like to keep my car somewhat quiet. I don't like silencers, plus most look more restrictive than a stock exhaust, while I still want my exhaust to 'perform' decently at all times. I know the HKS Silent Hi-Power has a 2.5" section before the muffler which is what quiets it down, so I thought using a 2.5" gasket between the sections of a two-piece 3" catback might produce similar results.

Ah, bummer. Thank you for the info though.

how bout that apex'i vave thing, should quiet it down enough for a quiet ride... im thinking about going with the manual one not the electric one...
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #183
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
its a flowmaster,
thats not gunna silence your car
lol.

my set up is a HKS cat-back but i took off the axle-back and replaced it
with blast pipes,
uber quiet when cruising.

when ima sell my HKS cat-back my cars gunna be straight pipe
with this resonator, or similar.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #184
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
1. ok so i have a 91 auto 240sx and ima do a s13 sr20 swap....so since im doin a auto to 5speed swap with a sr20 tranny do i use my old auto tranny speed sensor since you need the usa ka speed sensor because of the mph and kilometers difference..right?

2. also what exacly do i need to keep from the ka24de for the swap..from what i know i need to keep the alternator, speed sensor, and lower engine harness...what else..
angel mkiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #185
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
its a flowmaster,
thats not gunna silence your car
lol.

my set up is a HKS cat-back but i took off the axle-back and replaced it
with blast pipes,
uber quiet when cruising.

when ima sell my HKS cat-back my cars gunna be straight pipe
with this resonator, or similar.
LOL. Normally i would agree, but its one of their reasonators designed to supress the noise. The exhaust guru i purchased this unit from had said most really dont do shit. The unit looks EXACTLY like the one you posted above.

It did tone down the exhaust when at WOT, but not shit for idle or when in the lower RPM range.
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #186
udon!
Nissanaholic!

udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
i just looked at a car for sale.

after i come back from a testdrive, the coolant tank was overflowing.

the guy said it was because it had extra coolant in it and that the motor was freshly rebuilt, so it runs hotter as of right now.

is it true that a freshly rebuilt engine (ka24e) will run hotter than normal untill broken in?
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #187
XnTroubleX
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
XnTroubleX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ive researched but cannot find the thread with the wiring diagram for doing a 180sx type-x cluster conversion! Can somebody throw me a link. Picked me up one and would like to read up on it a bit before I attempt it.
XnTroubleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #188
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf_240SX View Post
Will Q45 brake calipers and rotors clear my rims?

5x114.3 16x8 +14 Front
Answered my own question.

No they wont!

FS OEM RB25 PARTS
Smurf_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #189
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
has anyone had a noise coming from their steering wheel? Or the hub? It sounds like its rubbing but I've taken it completely apart and i see nothing wrong.

http://silaudrey.blogspot.com/
amdnivram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #190
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Nardi Deep Dish Corn Steering Wheel 330mm NissanR32-35:eBay Motors (item 180445828968 end time Jan-14-10 08:47:11 PST)

legit or not?

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #191
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
Hey guys im in a serious delema....

ill 350z track rotors the 12.5" ones with 30mm skyline calipers fit with mb battles 17x9.5+15?

didnt you get cr kai's a while back lol?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #192
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel mkiv View Post
1. ok so i have a 91 auto 240sx and ima do a s13 sr20 swap....so since im doin a auto to 5speed swap with a sr20 tranny do i use my old auto tranny speed sensor since you need the usa ka speed sensor because of the mph and kilometers difference..right?

2. also what exacly do i need to keep from the ka24de for the swap..from what i know i need to keep the alternator, speed sensor, and lower engine harness...what else..
anybody??? becuase ima sell my old ka24de motor and tranny set for parts and wanna know what i need to keep..thanks
angel mkiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #193
udon!
Nissanaholic!

99% sure thats legit
Old 01-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #194
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
99% sure thats legit

positive?

i was comparing it to the frsports one and it looks a lil funky..but idk

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #195
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
positive?

i was comparing it to the frsports one and it looks a lil funky..but idk

I have the Nob Nardi copy off ebay, and it looks almost identical to the one posted. It was similar in price also, so im guessing its not the real thing and a copy like mine.

Nardi NOB TANIGUCHI MODEL CLASSIC STEERING WHEEL SPARCO on eBay.ca (item 270499072649 end time 08-Jan-10 20:08:41 EST)

I like the wheel i got, its not real leather, but for almost 1/3 of the price im not complaining. Its nicer than my ratty looking and feeling stock one.
Only shitty thing is the turn signal doesn't click off, you have to do it by hand. But i believe this is the norm for all aftermarket wheels.
Hope i could be of some assistance.
Zero-Offset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #196
udon!
Nissanaholic!

what would be the perfect sized 18" wheel for a stock bodied s13 with just rolled fenders where the lip sticks out a couple mm outside the fender?

im bored lol.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #197
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Stock head studs vs ARP head studs... how much more boost can a sohc KA withstand with the ARP's.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:31 AM   #198
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
what would be the perfect sized 18" wheel for a stock bodied s13 with just rolled fenders where the lip sticks out a couple mm outside the fender?

im bored lol.
9.5j -5 (205/40)
10.5 +19 (225/45)

worked for me, but with 17s. (well it polished the outer lip of my wheels and the wheel arches)
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:45 AM   #199
RYAN_S-14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
RYAN_S-14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RYAN_S-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by XnTroubleX View Post
Ive researched but cannot find the thread with the wiring diagram for doing a 180sx type-x cluster conversion! Can somebody throw me a link. Picked me up one and would like to read up on it a bit before I attempt it.
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/186792...ster-help.html
RYAN_S-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #200
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel mkiv View Post

my bro used this when he did his swap. its a wiring guide but has what you need listed and has nice pics. SR20DET Swap Engine Harness Wiring Diagram Guide SR SR20

Quote:
i just looked at a car for sale.

after i come back from a testdrive, the coolant tank was overflowing.

the guy said it was because it had extra coolant in it and that the motor was freshly rebuilt, so it runs hotter as of right now.

is it true that a freshly rebuilt engine (ka24e) will run hotter than normal untill broken in?
if the coolant is over filled initially, it will overflow until it reaches the correct level. the system gets hot, coolant expands, pushes out what won't fit, and that may cause it to slightly overflow. was the car over heating? it sounds a bit fishy. my rebuild ka24de wasn't running REALLY hot after the first startup and certainly wasn't boiling over.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #201
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Item location is in China.
Buy it now price of $124

Pretty sure it's a knock off.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #202
RYAN_S-14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
RYAN_S-14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RYAN_S-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
Stock head studs vs ARP head studs... how much more boost can a sohc KA withstand with the ARP's.
It run low boost and some smaller injectors (370) t-25, or t-26 turbo on 7 psi. I dont think that motor is really lookinbg for boost, if you weant to push it rebuild the head, and block to handle boost.

Then again if it was me id just beat the crap out of it tell it broke, there are way to stop from breaking it i.e. Wideband and other gauges, oil-water temp things like that can warn you your about to blow. there is always ways to stop bad things from happaning, i ran a 450WHP CA18DET back when i lived in Japan and that was scary but negotiable
RYAN_S-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #203
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
how many bulbs are there in the cluster? speedo and tach for S14? i've read some places say 3 and some say 5, but not 100% sure. can't take out to check because i'm at work.

xquizitditz

Last edited by enkei2k; 01-07-2010 at 03:45 PM..
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #204
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehsilvia View Post
LOL. Normally i would agree, but its one of their reasonators designed to supress the noise. The exhaust guru i purchased this unit from had said most really dont do shit. The unit looks EXACTLY like the one you posted above.

It did tone down the exhaust when at WOT, but not shit for idle or when in the lower RPM range.
hmmm, true. then i guess.....
run a box resonator.

well heres my set up,

HKS CATBACK, axle back removed (can exhaust), added axle back blast pipes,

super quiet for idle, and hums at low rpm,

i can get a vid if you guys wanna see.

knockoff george! knockoff!
locations china and there should be a pic taken that says nardi engraved in the front and they didn't take a pic of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Offset View Post
I have the Nob Nardi copy off ebay, and it looks almost identical to the one posted. It was similar in price also, so im guessing its not the real thing and a copy like mine.

Nardi NOB TANIGUCHI MODEL CLASSIC STEERING WHEEL SPARCO on eBay.ca (item 270499072649 end time 08-Jan-10 20:08:41 EST)

I like the wheel i got, its not real leather, but for almost 1/3 of the price im not complaining. Its nicer than my ratty looking and feeling stock one.
Only shitty thing is the turn signal doesn't click off, you have to do it by hand. But i believe this is the norm for all aftermarket wheels.
Hope i could be of some assistance.
sometimes knockoffs work better then brand name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed180 View Post
Buy it now price of $124

x2
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #205
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I'm looking to buy a bodykit for my motorcycle, instead of buying new fairings from a local dealer. Local dealers sale new fairings from 450 to 650, painted or unpainted. If you went the body kit route please fill free to pm me! I own 05 ninja 636, the color is a standard blue and black scheme.
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #206
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
The sunroof on my fastback whistles at high speeds, like 75-80mph. It's very annoying. If I pull down a little harder on the latch, it stops.

Do I need to replace the latch or the weather stripping? I just want to make sure before I order expensive weather stripping.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #207
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
my question: are there any ways I can get rid of my leaking sunroof? It leaks air at speeds over 90mph and makes this terrible screeching sound. Something I can do about this short of getting rid of the sunroof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post

very common problem most people fix it with washers to increase tension

here's another solution

Quiet as a mouse s13 sunroof fix - Nissan Forums: Nissan Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
The sunroof on my fastback whistles at high speeds, like 75-80mph. It's very annoying. If I pull down a little harder on the latch, it stops.

Do I need to replace the latch or the weather stripping? I just want to make sure before I order expensive weather stripping.
i think that should cover it,
if not then sorry idk lol.

this was on the first page.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #208
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
OMG what a fucking moron I am.

Sorry.

Thanks bro.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #209
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed180 View Post
Buy it now price of $124

LOL, sick response.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #210
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
LOL, sick response.
I calls 'em as I sees 'em.
lol.