Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
240sx-pat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
240sx-pat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240sx-pat Send a message via MSN to 240sx-pat
JDM Nagoya SR20det review

Hey, I'm just here to drop a review for those out there are looking to purchase an SR20det from JDM Nagoya. I'll keep this pretty short, I had to order the engine online due to 40HR a week job and a girlfriend , and the reason I choose these guy is because they were willing to give me a compression test of the engine I was to receive as well as multiple photos. I've Email several other company ,but either they couldn't or didn't want to. Anyways everything went smooth on both side as far as transaction goes. After I made the payment their communication was kind of shit the engine I got from them was not the sames engine that they showed me. I was kind of worried about that but didn't want to go through the hassle of shipping it back and having to pay for that so I decided to keep it.

Anyways, the engine they sent me had a broken ignitor chip , lower harness was cut ( didn't really need it) and I ordered a blacktop but they sent me a redtop ECU, the Turbo was blown I had oil pouring out.

I told them about the ignitor chip , but they blamed the shipment but there was no way it in hell because the whole create was all wrapped up. They did not want to replace it, but to their credit they offered to give me a black top ECU I never did though because I felt they were dishonest about he ignitor chip so I didn't want anything to do with them at this point.

I just started ordering replacement parts from here like the ignitor chip, turbo, and another ECU because the one they sent me was dead.

The motor they sent me was very clean tough and the engine is running just great I just wish they provided better support.

My feelings toward this company is neutral...since they did send me a strong engine once I started it up I was just glad that I did not hear any knocking lol.

My next motor set will most likely not be from these guys.
240sx-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
beams

Trader Rating: (0)
beams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
JDM NAGOYA Autoparts - No Way!!!

Bought Toyota BEAMS engine Oct 2011. JDM Nagoya assured me in numerous emails that it was a 60,000km engine in very good running condition. Paid $1600 for engine and box. Looked fine in photos. A week after paying the money (& freight) I received an email telling me "shipping delayed due to bad weather". Seemed reasonable to me sitting in Darwin on the other side of the world. Engine took 100 days to arrive and clear Customs. We found engine was already blown up when shipped -> #3 spark plug thread stripped out, and "SOMEONE" had removed #3 plug and coil pack and then replaced the plug cover to conceal the damage. Major burn marks under the cover where engine had been run hard with plug missing. stripping engine found pieces of broken spark plug had mangled head and deeply scored the bores. Externally we found 2 cam sensors smashed and crank angle sensor had been removed and replaced loosely. Water pipe on rear of head smashed off (doesn't show up on photos). A year later I am still fighting JDM Nagoya who swear that the engine was running when it left them and refuse to do anything about it - they call me a cheat and a liar but the engine was inspected by a qualified mechanic in front of independent witnesses - very close inspection of the ebay photos shows external damage which would have prevented engine from being run which means JDM Nagoya lied about testing it.
Here is the critical bit ---> ebay and paypal refuse to do anything as more than 45 days elapsed between PAYMENT and complaint. I Googled "shipping delayed due to bad weather" and found other cases where JDM Nagoya Autoparts has sent exactly the same email and buyer has received a heap of crap which wont run.
And check this - after 45 days eBay wont let me leave bad feedback to warn others - Now, absolutely nothing to do with the above facts re JDM NAgoya Autoparts and in no way implying anything BUT, if I was a dodgy seller I would simply delay shipping due to bad weather past the 45 days for a Paypal dispute and I would get to keep the money and not even get bad feedback....... I have registered a few domains to publicise this story so that others ARE warned - please keep an eye out for ebaywarning.com, paypalwarning.com etc and feel free to email me any similar FACTUAL stories.
Summary - I am out of pocket $3200, I have lost weeks of work, the rebuild of the BEAMS I bought is expected to cost $5k - $7k yet the seller repeatedly promised in writing that I was buying a low mileage engine in very good running order - I would rather play fiddle with the devil than EVER deal with JDM Nagoya Autoparts again.
beams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
Feast Japan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Feast Japan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I find most of these engine supply shops full of B.S. Like really, 9/10 the car they cut up is bagged to hell with crazy high mileage. A cheap investment for them to buy into and cut down for export.
Feast Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
beams

Trader Rating: (0)
beams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
JDM NAGOYA Autoparts - No Way!!!

Yeah, having been burnt I agree - I run a small IT business, much of what we do is advising on internet security so I really checked JDM Nagoya Auto Parts before I parted with my money - in hindsight most of the good feedback items they post are suspiciously similar in style......What is really frustrating is that to me this looks like a blatant manipulation of the 45 day limit with eBay and Paypal to avoid disputes and negative feedback. But despite months of sending 40 page documents to eBay and Paypal they stick to the "sorry, it is outside the 45 day period" line and refuse to improve their systems so that if a seller (obviously I am not referring to JDM Nagoya Auto Parts in any way here) decided to be a scum bag crook they could buy junkers from Japan, advertise the bits as tested and in good condition, and then sell worthless junk with out fear of prosecution or bad feedback - I even went to the Internet Crime Commission but not even a reply!!! Hence my websites that will be up in a few weeks time to try to warn others.
beams is offline   Reply With Quote