Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:23 PM   #361
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
Back in 2012 I did something similar with a GTX480, some dude on OCN.net was making these little plates that let you drop an H60 or H80 onto a GPU. Was then and is still now and awesome mod.

I don't custom make things. Corsair makes brackets for their Hydro series coolers to adapt to GPU cards. I recycled my H100 cpu cooler when I upgraded to an 1151 socket board from my 1155 socket.

but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #362
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Vega needs to hurry up.
10 more days for computex and then couple more days for release...?

WHERE IS VEGA!

BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #363
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017...adeon-rx-vega/
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #364
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xRAACegBzE
Old 05-22-2017, 02:08 AM   #365
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tg4erD_iKs
his theory "where is vega?"
AMD too broke?
Old 05-22-2017, 11:29 PM   #366
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu..._multipliers/1
nice! asus has 4000mhz option. now, waiting on asrock for their update (the few mobo that comes in white).

more dope news/rumor...

https://www.eteknix.com/amd-ryzen-fa...r-high-yields/
ryzen is 80% yield. meaning threadripper woah.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/sof...a_single_api/1
vulkan is the future.

Last edited by BOROSUN; 05-23-2017 at 12:13 AM..
Old 05-23-2017, 07:10 AM   #367
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu..._multipliers/1
nice! asus has 4000mhz option. now, waiting on asrock for their update (the few mobo that comes in white).

more dope news/rumor...

https://www.eteknix.com/amd-ryzen-fa...r-high-yields/
ryzen is 80% yield. meaning threadripper woah.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/sof...a_single_api/1
vulkan is the future.
Shoutout Every pc I have built so far is running an Asrock board. I really want to see what Ryzen will do with some proper fast memory.

80% yield is good news for AMD. Really wishing I would have bought stock when it was $2

This is a big win for vulkan and AMD really. Perhaps in the future Vulkan will become the new standard and will allow developers to really push the graphics send the games will run so much better. I could run doom on a toaster and still manage 30fps.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:39 PM   #368
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://wccftech.com/asus-teases-5ghz...adripper-cpus/
this could be true. since yield have been amazing.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:02 PM   #369
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK9z6NO1qyU
Old 05-30-2017, 08:55 PM   #370
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

LOL where's vegaaaaaaaaaAAA!
Old 05-30-2017, 09:13 PM   #371
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
tootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
2x for Vega wtf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tootall4la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #372
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

a lot of info missing except the release date. (FE jun 27 + july 30)

i think they are phasing crossfire out. that demo was to show 2 vega working.
vega can use the infinity fabric. and there's no game/bench to demo such tech at all. aots is the only multigpu that has it implemented. but, not infinity fabric.
maybe prey was only game that allowed 2 vega to work together in i/f. soo, wonky they didn't want to show the fps. lol who knows.

but, for now. we know T/R + 4x vega is a powerhouse in the industry.
it looks like software needs to catch up asap.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:22 PM   #373
Future240
Future Moderator

Not going to lie. Mad disappointed last night. Is it so much to want some confirmation of an AMD card that is faster or =/-10% of the 1080ti for less money?

Even the rumored pricing makes no sense
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/com...vega-news.html

Quote:
The first card would be called the RX Vega Core which will start at $399. It will deliver performance on par with or better than Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 1070.
Then RX Vega Eclipse which will be priced at $499 and will compete head to head with the GTX 1080.
The RX Vega Nova will be the Big Vega that will retail at $599 and rival the GTX 1080 Ti.

You can find 1070's and 1080's for less than that.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:39 PM   #374
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Quote:
Not going to lie. Mad disappointed last night. Is it so much to want some confirmation of an AMD card that is faster or =/-10% of the 1080ti for less money?

So is it the flops you're disappointed in? May one make the assumption that you're quite possibly seeking the lebron james' of cards?

I'm happy living in my SLI GTX 7xx world. I see no reason to invest further at the moment. Still waiting for my 7700K to start getting sick and producing these temp spikes people keep raving about.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 06-03-2017, 03:20 AM   #375
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:

Even the rumored pricing makes no sense
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/com...vega-news.html

You can find 1070's and 1080's for less than that.

we will see on the 27th benchmarks. if rx vega is worth the wait.
which should be more powerful than FE according to raja.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:12 PM   #376
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

I've been working on ideas for this $89 walmart desk. It's a nice desk don't get me wrong, but I can't keep myself from modifying things. So I did.

Started with moving the top portion from the left side of the L to the right side. Transplanting it wasn't all that bad, it was a pain though.
I mad my tower a true "desktop" added a shelf above my desk, for mostly media storage. So teasers to follow.

I may have added some last minute runway lights. New pictures will come tomorrow. I just got finished, the game is on, and it's dark. I'm not turning lights on.

but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 06-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #377
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

tootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to all
Gaming PC Builds & Hardware

Well this happened!
All thanks to MicroCenter $100 rebate CPU + Motherboard combo.

1700x + X370 Taichi

Old 06-05-2017, 02:38 PM   #378
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

This is what im going with. Any input???

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor ($349.89 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler ($158.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock - X370 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard ($193.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($135.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($169.99 @ Dell Small Business)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($65.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card ($778.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT - H440 (Glossy White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $2068.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-05 16:37 EDT-0400
Old 06-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #379
Future240
Future Moderator

Yes. Do you need the 8 cores? If you don't content create or stream go with am R5 series. I suggest a 1600. You can slo go lower on the mobo.

Also unless you plan to build right now. I'd wait till July when vega comes out. Might be cheaper.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:02 PM   #380
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

nah its perfect. imo. except the psu.

it was like 2 weeks ago or so...i was scratching my head. where are all the rx580s? i had plan to update my daughters gpu. even the 480 are gone and skyrocketed to $600+. lol

lol now i know. miners are back. i wonder if i can sell my furyx for $600 and get a 1080Ti.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:48 PM   #381
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Where's VEGA?????
https://www.apple.com/imac-pro/specs/
this probably the best aio in the market. well, on paper. until dec.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:55 PM   #382
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
nah its perfect. imo. except the psu.

it was like 2 weeks ago or so...i was scratching my head. where are all the rx580s? i had plan to update my daughters gpu. even the 480 are gone and skyrocketed to $600+. lol

lol now i know. miners are back. i wonder if i can sell my furyx for $600 and get a 1080Ti.

I would be streaming and content creating, also some video editing.

What would you suggest as an alternative to my Power Supply selection?

Old 06-06-2017, 06:48 AM   #383
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootall4la View Post
I would be streaming and content creating, also some video editing.

What would you suggest as an alternative to my Power Supply selection?

Oh then I agree with the CPU and mobo too. I think the PSU is fine. It is not that expensive and EVGA psu's are great. Gives you more room if you plan to OC the 1700x or the 1080ti.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:04 AM   #384
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Oh then I agree with the CPU and mobo too. I think the PSU is fine. It is not that expensive and EVGA psu's are great. Gives you more room if you plan to OC the 1700x or the 1080ti.

Instead of the Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz $140, I'm picking up Corsair Dominator 2x 8GB 3200mhz locally for far below retail ($100) off of someone parting their build. Gotta save as much as you can!

Old 06-06-2017, 03:55 PM   #385
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Zilvia server went to maintenance late night. My PSU response didn't make it.

Basically one up on quality to plat. I would go 850w plat.

The way I always buy PSU is max oc/slixfire/fans/led/ssd/m2/pumps/drives/usb
Old 06-06-2017, 03:57 PM   #386
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

Oh well I bought it already lol.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:35 PM   #387
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

Just waiting on my case. Possibly tomorrow, I'll be rocking a NZXT H440

Old 06-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #388
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good shit, jelly of that GTX1080Ti... Seeing all these parts make me want to build a new PC
Old 06-10-2017, 10:06 PM   #389
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
With Destiny 2 coming out on PC i decided to do a little budget build that should suffice for 1080p/60fps.

Dell Optiplex 790 base. I5-2400
16gb Ram
EVGA 450w PSU
500GB 5400 RPM HD out of my PS4
GTX 1060 6gb

I was thinking about getting a 1070 but all of my destiny clan buddies said it would be a little overkill since ill only be using the build for D2 and CS:GO. That and I will be running this on my flatscreen instead of a monitor.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:10 PM   #390
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

gtx1060 is fine with those games. but, tvs have the worst input lag esp. for fast fps games. you're going to rage.

tootall4la - dope, post the build and the oc experience.

been itching to build a 1700x itx build but, biostar mobo is no bueno. all these waiting sucks.