Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #31
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Street racing is SOOO OCOOOOOLL!!

Don't be homosexuals!

Real men with real penises and TRUE RED BLOODED AMERICANS love da street racing!

If you don't street race, you hate America.

Terrorists!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:51 AM   #32
TrustS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
TrustS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Funny this story has made it here. I live in the area and know 3 people personally who lost their cars. They know it was stupid, I agree with it too, but don't tell me any of you on here have never
a) street raced
b) sped next to one of your buddies
c) dicked off on the highway
d) street drifted

Honestly, we are all probably guilty in one way or another. Yes, there is Piedmont dragway, but it obviously isn't open all the time, and they stopped the drifting there months ago, which sucks. Either way, I do think the punishment is a little harsh. I'm 20, and since I've been 16 I have occassionally stopped at Cook Out on Main St. to bullshit cars and eat a burger, and yes, I have seen people leave at 11-12pm and go out to the middle of 311 highway, and race, and then come back, yes. The thing is, it's illegal, but I have never heard of anyone dying from this..

"In 2006 there were less than 350 deaths attributed to "street racing" in whatever form, to match that number with alcohol related deaths, you would only have to wait 1 weeks time. In the same year of the three hundred and fifty deaths due to street racing, twenty thousand people were killed, and 275,000 people were injured thanks to drunk driving."

According to NCGS section 20-138.1 with your first DUI offense, they will not seize your car, its not till the 4th. They will not take your license for more that 90 days until after your 3rd offense. Mandatory jail time, not until your 2nd offense with drunk driving. Sounds like drunk driving isn't so bad, considering you can even get your driving privileges after 10 days wait.

Once again, I don't support racing, but most of these guys I know were just everyday car people like yourself and I, that were doing something dumb. They don't even mind losing their liscenses, they just want their cars back!

Also, it should be known the police officers involved heavily egged on a lot of the drivers to go race them (in undercover cars) so I guess we will see how it all turns out. I doubt they will get their cars back.
TrustS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #33
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Terrorists!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #34
jandysil80
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
Terrorists!
they hate the troops.......and freedom........and babies!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #35
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandysil80 View Post
they hate the troops.......and freedom........and babies!
street racing babies with POW/MIA tattoos! and american flag bandannas!

ThatGuy kinda babies!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #36
mig240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
mig240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
I don't see Porsche or Ferrari owners acting like jackasses when they drive.
Don't know wtf you mean about a Troll, but back to you buddy.

You might not have none in NC, but down here, there are a shit load and they drive them hard.

Dude, screw this, you live your safe ass life and then die; let me live my exciting life and end up the same way you will.

END OF DISCUSSION FOR ME!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #37
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig240sx View Post
Don't know wtf you mean about a Troll, but back to you buddy.

You might not have none in NC, but down here, there are a shit load and they drive them hard.

Dude, screw this, you live your safe ass life and then die; let me live my exciting life and end up the same way you will.

END OF DISCUSSION FOR ME!!!!
Actually, he lives in Atlanta, I am the one that lives in NC.

And.

Within 15 minutes of where this was all taking place, there are dealers for Porsche, Ferarri and if you expand that to 20-25 minutes, Lambos, and the fact is that there are plenty on the roads, but they also have the sense to take it to the track when they really want to fuck it up.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #38
yota man
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
yota man is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Phillip if any of your friends end up with the 350 and there's any parts actually worth buying I'd probably be down to pick some up.
yota man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #39
RHDRPS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
RHDRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is one of the many reasons I sold my S13 180SX for a Y32 Gloria. No one will try and race me or do any of this ricer bull shit I've been notcing with the whole S-chasis and sport compact community in recent years. I admit it I'm guilty of running my friend's car down the highway, or clutch kicking in a parking lot, going on to a deserted two lane road and smashing through the first 3 gears, but's thats all either me alone, or with one or two friends. I don't go out to big meets or "the street races" with this big crowd just waiting to get arrested.

As far as the OP, I was born and raised in San Diego CA police have been doing this type of shit for years now this is nothing new. Southern California's police departments all of task forces devoted to stopping this kind of behavior. In some cases you get jail time for just spectating at street races. What you do with your vehicle is your decision I'm not judging anyone, just stay away from my Gloria and we'll be fine
Old 12-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #40
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Hell I'll take anyone of those cars, whether parting it our or selling it whole, I would make a killing
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote