Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 AM   #631
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence View Post
See, once again I dont think these guys are trying to be cool or think that looks cool in anyway.
I think they have a shitty beat track car they just have fun with.

What makes a ricer is they actually think the shit is cool and they look good in thier rides.
They believe autozone chrome stick on parts and painted calipers are awesome !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhT3C9mHLZ4

Last edited by ericcastro; 04-19-2012 at 09:20 AM..
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2012, 02:04 AM   #632
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
accidental beat drift car = cool
intentional mismatch to be a beat drift car = rice
Old 04-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #633
My$800S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
My$800S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Maximum rice
Attachment 36614
Attachment 36616
...yeah, its a GrandAm

And my Ricey 240
Attachment 36617
Attachment 36618
Attachment 36619
Attachment 36620
uploadfromtaptalk1334826859723.jpg

Sleepy head uploadfromtaptalk1334826895461.jpg
Wake up uploadfromtaptalk1334826929045.jpg

My car is a total riced out drift shitbox

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #634
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
whats this then if some people think it looks like shit?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #635
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Looks like a race car.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #636
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
not really all that bad but found this recently...dude wants 10g's for his stock zenki with a body kit and xxr's

/// 95 Nissan 240SX ///
yeah, but look at all the space it has.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #637
Neon_rain519
Zilvia Member

Neon_rain519 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rice with a touch of douchery...

Neon_rain519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:43 AM   #638
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysideways14 View Post
yea im starting to see the "rusted look" or whatever you wanna call it every where now..hondas more and more...i dont get how a rusty hood or fender etc... can be the cool thing to do it, rat rods ok but not any other car... makes the car look so ugly and cheap....what happen to class.but i guess the new thing is to see how rusty you can get your car lol...
Rat rods... aka, original style hot rods had rust because the owners didn't have access to proper paint or tools, or couldn't afford it. It wasn't a 'lifestyle', it was just how it went with what kind of budget you had.

The only reason it exists today with the classics is because the kids whom parents had hot rods remember that is 'how dad's/gramps car looked'.

pic for rules
Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #639
mantas
Zilvia Addict

mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Rat rods... aka, original style hot rods had rust because the owners didn't have access to proper paint or tools, or couldn't afford it. It wasn't a 'lifestyle', it was just how it went with what kind of budget you had.

The only reason it exists today with the classics is because the kids whom parents had hot rods remember that is 'how dad's/gramps car looked'.

pic for rules
Walpaperstyle, you are clearly a moron, the person you quoted understands what a rat rod is or where the style originated from. Why dont you go take a communications course, you go around infecting every thread with your childish bs.

Cant insert image guys. Damn....
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #640
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
This is also wrong.

A lot of my VW friends or would get a old rust bucket and just slam it on some porche rims they had laying around and there ya go.

A notch back may be to rusted to save, but it doesnt mean your not gonna slam it and drive the thing.
Most of my datsuns 510's were oxidized and had rusty rockers. im not gonna save a $500 car when i could just buy another, but im gonna cut springs and drive it around on some Z swastikas.

friends rice car back in the day, lol
Old 04-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #641
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
SEEEWWWW TRENDY

Old 04-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #642
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
in 1998-99, this woulda been all up in Import Tuner magazine.

I think it was more acceptable back than when it was an all new thing, but it just blows my mind that there are people still doing that style when it hasn't been in magazines for at least over 10 years.

I dont think today's magazine would even feature this.. must be the honda tech influence? lol
Old 04-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #643
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
rat240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #644
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

Thrill shit. This guys sense of style is horrible. Actually there's a shit load of them. If you decide to go. Add this group , http://www.facebook.com/groups/100467770055868/ .

Jdm baby n
Jdm car havin
jdm food
ijdm

silly ass, that's chinese food.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Banana_Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #645
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana_Cute View Post

Thrill shit. This guys sense of style is horrible. Actually there's a shit load of them. If you decide to go. Add this group , http://www.facebook.com/groups/100467770055868/ .
I wonder how many parts being sold on there are stolen... lol
Old 04-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #646
Breitling
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Breitling is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
there is actually a series of these painted by famous non-objective artists. learned about them when iwas in college. Cool in my opinion. From the looks of that one i'd think it was painted by Roy Lichtenstein....

EDIT - i looked it up, and i was right! holy shit, thats the one thing i remember from college....

Ls460, 240sx, Super Avenger, Chronofighter, Navitimer
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #647
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
BMW Art Cars. The most famous is the Andy Warhol M1.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #648
RaVaGe
Leaky Injector

RaVaGe is an unknown quantity at this point
This showed up out of nowhere in the base dorm parking lot. The entire engine/trans is disassembled and is now in the trunk and it has sat like this for about 5 months now.

RaVaGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #649
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
How can that be rice when it is all functional and was cutting edge aero at the time? Even the art on the car served a functional purpose.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #650
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

TougeSR20Kid has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
How can that be rice when it is all functional and was cutting edge aero at the time? Even the art on the car served a functional purpose.
Agreed... You cant call a functional race car rice just because it's got some crazy booty kit and paint. Rice cars IMO are cars with cosmetic enhancements to make it look fast but in reality they're slow as shit. You can call it tasteless but if it is functional and actually serves a purpose (unlike a whale tail on a civic) it's hard to call it rice

This is rice:
http://humboldt.craigslist.org/cto/2937973300.html

Shit boxes like this are everywhere up here. It's kinda cool cus it's like Humboldt is stuck in the 90s and early 2000s with its import scene. Remember when back then cops really only sought out riced out civics and didn't bat an eye at ur 240? Its either muscle car or Honda shit box up here, the jdmadriftyte scene hasn't happened here yet, kinda nice
Namaste mother f**ker
TougeSR20Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #651
Piggy
Zilvia Junkie

Piggy is an unknown quantity at this point
1999 Ford MUSTANG SUPERCHARGED $1 - 100458514 | Custom Show Car Classifieds | Show Car Sales

Had to share this. Guy wants at least 25k for a 90's v6 auto Crustang. And threw pictrues of his other cars in the add just to feel badass.
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:36 AM   #652
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews

rat240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #653
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:52 AM   #654
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
You just proved my point.
That shit pile drift car up there is serving its purpose as well as everything on it is fucntional for drifting a missle car, and art is subjective.

Its not rice.

If the owners of the shit cressida thought that the paint was making it the badest car in thier town, that would be rice.
They're just having fun.
Rice is alot about mentality.Its about having the tackiest shit, but legitimatly thinking its awesome.

Not that it matters, but a lot of people are calling things rice that arent, prolly the same dudes that refer to things from the mid decade as "old school" lol
Old 04-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #655
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
You're comparing something from the 70's-80's body and paint wise, to something that was made in the 80's but modified within the last couple years. Doing that kind of shit nowadays would be considered rice because it looks like shit, unless you're doing an homage to an old race car like that BMW.

In regards to the cressida: I don't think its rice, but doesn't mean I approve of having a car that looks like shit regardless of what it is used for.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #656
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Banana O'Connor

Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #657
Hayseed
Leaky Injector

Hayseed is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
I know this guy....

Last edited by Hayseed; 05-10-2012 at 09:58 PM..
Hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #658
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
That Cressida is some automotive hipster bullshit. Look how cool I am with my quirky shitbox. That concept is worse than rice to me. Fuck your roof rack on a sporty coupe. Fuck your "patinaed" bodywork. Fuck the ever loving shit out of your drift missile.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #659
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enna View Post
In regards to the cressida: I don't think its rice, but doesn't mean I approve of having a car that looks like shit regardless of what it is used for.
I think thats my point, i hate people posting shit cars they dont like and calling them rice.

Maybe we can start a thread called, "Car needs some love", or something friendly, but you can post all the shitty cars there, including mine, regarless of the use or intention of the car.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #660
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
You think that's your point? Haha

Had to laugh at that.

I want to say that's an escort but I'm not sure. And I think that rear 'spoiler' is stock, or something similar to stock over in europe.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote