Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #7321
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
does anyone know of a small digital speedomeeter readout? i just want to have a big tach in my cluster with some way of still knowing how fast im going lol. i was thinking about getting a hud but i dont know how i would get it to work with my r154 as it uses a different signal. any help would be appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I dont remember where to find them but they make speedo conversion thingies for adapting different trannys and speedometers.
Dakota Digital - Digital Instrumentation and Accessories
Old 08-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #7322
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
ok s13 coupe

want to buy 17 x 9.75 +25 wheels

would they fit without spacers, as well as no roll or pull of my fenders

thank you!
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #7323
89'240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
89'240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where do I find a set of Kouki front signal indicators for a S13?
Old 08-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #7324
boost addict
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
boost addict is making a name for him/her selfboost addict is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
ok s13 coupe

want to buy 17 x 9.75 +25 wheels

would they fit without spacers, as well as no roll or pull of my fenders

thank you!
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/129865-whee...s-no-post.html
boost addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #7325
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
can i have my AC compressor run with the belt on but no lines connected? Or do I need to take the belt off? Planning to put AC on later. TIA
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #7326
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
madman's240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
can i have my AC compressor run with the belt on but no lines connected? Or do I need to take the belt off? Planning to put AC on later. TIA
Take the belt off or your gonna burn up the compressor
madman's240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #7327
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman's240 View Post
Take the belt off or your gonna burn up the compressor
How is it going to "burn up the compressor?" It only works when the clutch is engaged. No power to the AC system means the pulley just freewheels.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #7328
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
is it going to do any harm to accidently switch 2 ground wires on the engine harness? theyre the same gauge wire, so technically it should still ground fine right?
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #7329
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
joefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefresh View Post
anyone ever have a cv boot rip from rubbing the RUCA?

S14, cusco ruca, low chassis, blowin cv boots.
ok so i replaced the boot and it blew up after a week of driving. ruca bushing on the upright is completely destroyed, so when suspension compresses the ruca would flex down onto the boot and cause failure.

so my new question is what do i replace the blown bushing with? oem?

every thread in my search was for z32 parts and how poly bushings bind. my car is just about tucking rim on 17s so i think the bind would be pretty severe..any ideas?
joefresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #7330
David48
Zilvia Addict

David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to David48
nvmuxtiftf delete or whatever
Old 08-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #7331
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefresh View Post
ok so i replaced the boot and it blew up after a week of driving. ruca bushing on the upright is completely destroyed, so when suspension compresses the ruca would flex down onto the boot and cause failure.

so my new question is what do i replace the blown bushing with? oem?

every thread in my search was for z32 parts and how poly bushings bind. my car is just about tucking rim on 17s so i think the bind would be pretty severe..any ideas?
OEM or Poly, they both bind equally, which shouldn't be much an issue nor concern is the rest of the suspension is still rubber or poly.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #7332
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89'240sx View Post
Where do I find a set of Kouki front signal indicators for a S13?
Nissanparts.cc

your welcome
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #7333
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Question...
I have stock unmolested 97 fenders, Don't want to do any pulling or rolling. I am thinking of getting either 15x8 +0 225/50/15 or 225/60/15. Or 16x8 +0 with 225/50/16 I would like to have some meat in there. I like the look. I don't really like the rubber band tires. I know it's not 255 like others on here, But its all stock motor. No need for tires that wide.

I have tried searching in many other threads, max tire, this one, Wheel whore, fs, wtb, etc, but this info isn't available... Thanks.

Or should I ask in those threads? Figured I would try here first.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #7334
chuki.s13.coupe.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuki.s13.coupe. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How much poke is too much poke? For An s13.
chuki.s13.coupe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #7335
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Grocery Cart is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright guys, need a little help.

I bought my first car today, and it was an s14 (: So I'm pretty stoked on that. Well the key doesn't unlock the passenger or the driver side door. I forgot to tell my mom this, and I gave her my key to move it when she needed to get out. I just got home and she locked the car. I can't use the trunk to get through because the lock on that is just broken, the only way to get in the trunk is to hit the latch in the car.

So my questions are:
What's the best way for me to unlock it from the outside? I've thought about using a wire coat hanger but I want to know if anyone else has any better ways.
And how can I fix this? I've read about a few people having this problem but I can't seem to find someone that actually gives a good answer about how I can get it to unlock without keyless entry.
Grocery Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #7336
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
i need a little help. i just bought an nx1600 cluster with the harness already spliced and everything. problem is he was running dohc, im still sohc. the only thing not functioning is the rpms. anybody know what pins/wires i need to switch around to get it to work? or am i screwed
yetijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #7337
morbid
Zilvia Member

morbid is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried to search for headlights but couldn't find an answer. What headlights are these on the left car? I'm guessing they are custom. How can I do it myself?

morbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:25 AM   #7338
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetijeff View Post
i need a little help. i just bought an nx1600 cluster with the harness already spliced and everything. problem is he was running dohc, im still sohc. the only thing not functioning is the rpms. anybody know what pins/wires i need to switch around to get it to work? or am i screwed
Screwed. Swap in an SR/KADE or pop in another gauge someplace.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:04 AM   #7339
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Cart View Post
Alright guys, need a little help.

I bought my first car today, and it was an s14 (: So I'm pretty stoked on that. Well the key doesn't unlock the passenger or the driver side door. I forgot to tell my mom this, and I gave her my key to move it when she needed to get out. I just got home and she locked the car. I can't use the trunk to get through because the lock on that is just broken, the only way to get in the trunk is to hit the latch in the car.

So my questions are:
What's the best way for me to unlock it from the outside? I've thought about using a wire coat hanger but I want to know if anyone else has any better ways.
And how can I fix this? I've read about a few people having this problem but I can't seem to find someone that actually gives a good answer about how I can get it to unlock without keyless entry.
Call the lock guy, depending on your insurance it may be free. Otherwise, clothes hanger. Then find a set of locks and keys and replace them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
Question...
I have stock unmolested 97 fenders, Don't want to do any pulling or rolling. I am thinking of getting either 15x8 +0 225/50/15 or 225/60/15. Or 16x8 +0 with 225/50/16 I would like to have some meat in there. I like the look. I don't really like the rubber band tires. I know it's not 255 like others on here, But its all stock motor. No need for tires that wide.

I have tried searching in many other threads, max tire, this one, Wheel whore, fs, wtb, etc, but this info isn't available... Thanks.

Or should I ask in those threads? Figured I would try here first.
Ask in the max tire thread for info on max tire. My guess, somewhere around 235/55.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid View Post
I tried to search for headlights but couldn't find an answer. What headlights are these on the left car? I'm guessing they are custom. How can I do it myself?
ask in the identify this thread. I dunno too much about s13s but my guess, supermade or raceon. There are others.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #7340
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuki.s13.coupe. View Post
How much poke is too much poke? For An s13.
Any poke is too much poke.
Flush is nice. Poke is not.

Just say no to poke. You'll be glad you did once that trend dies off.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #7341
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post

Ask in the max tire thread for info on max tire. My guess, somewhere around 235/55.
ok thanks.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #7342
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Grocery Cart is an unknown quantity at this point
Also, on the way home from buying it I noticed that every once and a while the speedometer would go crazy and go down to about 40mph while we were going 70-80. Then after a few minutes it would go back up. I was wondering if this could just be a loose wire maybe?
Grocery Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #7343
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid View Post

those look even with the hood, so im not sure if theyre custom head lights or what. but you can do the "sleepy eye" or "frog eye" or whatever people call it by cutting some brown wire. i dont know how to do it, but you can google those and find out how. itll look like this http://www.180sx.co.uk/images/sleepy1-thumb.jpg
if thats something close to what you want
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #7344
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JDM SPUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Does anybody know if the Q45 front calipers will fit under the stock S14 15 inch base model wheels?
JDM SPUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #7345
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM SPUG View Post
Does anybody know if the Q45 front calipers will fit under the stock S14 15 inch base model wheels?
Q45 brakes will fit under just about any 15" or larger wheel. So, yes.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #7346
chuki.s13.coupe.
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Any poke is too much poke.
Flush is nice. Poke is not.

Just say no to poke. You'll be glad you did once that trend dies off.

How About this poke?

Car belongs to therealsy90
Old 08-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #7347
soreballz
Post Whore!

^Rear looks decent, considering the low-offset 16s. Front looks like my asshole... And I don't have a good looking asshole.

But hey, if you like it, PM the owner, get his specs, get those wheels, and rock the shit out of that retarded trend.

Last edited by soreballz; 08-21-2011 at 01:22 PM..
Old 08-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #7348
chuki.s13.coupe.
Zilvia Addict

lol alright thanks man.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #7349
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Screwed. Swap in an SR/KADE or pop in another gauge someplace.
damnit . can u explain why? and also will i still have a rev limiter?
yetijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #7350
89'240sx

89'240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
Nissanparts.cc

your welcome