Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #91
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Breaking News: 18 year old kid makes short sighted decision and won't listen to anyone who knows better
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #92
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Poor fucking car
Old 03-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #93
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Kalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
1990 Silvia s13 ☆ R e t r o • B u i l d ☆

Last edited by Kalem_s13; 07-31-2018 at 03:44 PM..
Old 03-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #94
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think we understand the look you're after. To most of us, you did a great job on the interior of the car, it's a shame to not take a little bit of time to seal it up to preserve the work you already did.

If you want that look so bad that you think it's awesome to have no fucking frame rails and hack that shit back together, by all means, we'll watch you do it.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:20 AM   #95
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
If a rusting chassis, shitty cold welds, ill fitting frame rails, muffler inside the cab and rivet front fenders inspires you...........well.............

Nice choice of wheels though.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #96
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Seems I've stumbled into the DIW thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalem_s13 View Post
You Zilvia "keyboard warriors" crack me up
Quote:
FYI I don't give a fuck about your pussy ass opinions
uh-huh....
Old 03-11-2017, 12:07 PM   #97
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
breaking news: kid on the internet vehemently states how much he doesnt care online by obviously acting butthurt

more at 11

its not too late, this car can still be saved
Old 03-11-2017, 01:06 PM   #98
idlebad
Leaky Injector

idlebad is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys, give the guy some time. See his finished product before jumping the gun with hasty replies. Now, let's watch the man work.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:56 PM   #99
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by idlebad View Post
Guys, give the guy some time. See his finished product before jumping the gun with hasty replies. Now, let's watch the man work.
We don't need to see the finished product when he says he isn't going to seal it off.

Did you even read the thread?
Old 03-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #100
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
tfw you message someone on instagram to show them how much you dont care about their opinions

20mb image hosting
Old 03-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #101
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Okay, but I pointed out a legitimate safety concern. If you shred a tire and have it flopping around at 60 mph wheel speed against sharp edges they're going to become projectiles. Fast moving, hot, wire reinforced projectiles that have the possibility of coming into the cabin. I don't care what's cool in Japan, or anywhere really we're telling you to seal them for legitimate reasons. You wont lose any kind of functionality or scene points for doing something properly. Also if I saw that kind of shit while going over your car in tech I'd send you home to read your magazines and play Forza.

/rant.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:26 PM   #102
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Kalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymore

Last edited by Kalem_s13; 07-31-2018 at 03:45 PM..
Old 03-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #103
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I agree, I AM sealing off the front part like I previously stated... The big whole above the seat belt mounting point that comes into the front cabin...
Just seal everything off like an FD car or any other drift car that has proper overs. The wheel well should be extended to the edge of the over fender. You can still slam the car and have all of the look you want with a safe fully functional over fender.

If you're taking the time to seal some stuff spend the extra time and do it right.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #104
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
People need to learn to shut their mouths. Who's car is it? Is it really affecting your life so much with what he does to it?

OP: not everyone can see your vision, and neither can I, but it's just like getting a haircut and waiting for it to grow back to the "good looking length"; there's always an ugly stage. I hope that analogy makes sense.

Looking forward to the seeing this progress.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #105
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Last edited by Kalem_s13; 07-31-2018 at 03:46 PM..
Old 03-11-2017, 07:58 PM   #106
Dek-Thai
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Dek-Thai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Build was going good for couple of pages. Tearing things down, doing things right, being a perfectionist. Then its just whatever, not giving a fuck.

why would people do all that work just to scrape and hack the body at the end is beyond me. smh
Old 03-12-2017, 12:42 AM   #107
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx_sr20det View Post
People need to learn to shut their mouths. Who's car is it? Is it really affecting your life so much with what he does to it?

OP: not everyone can see your vision, and neither can I, but it's just like getting a haircut and waiting for it to grow back to the "good looking length"; there's always an ugly stage. I hope that analogy makes sense.

Looking forward to the seeing this progress.
Not a single person has bashed the style he is going after one bit. Seems like you're just completely ignoring what is going on here.

Why the fuck wouldn't someone seal the quarters. Why would someone who put tons of time and effort into the interior of their car directly expose it to chunks of rubber and smoke? And like dude stated above, what if a tire explodes and pieces of burning hot rubber with metal cords protruding out of them fly into the cabin? How can you say things like this and be completely oblivious to legitimate safety hazards?

This dude was doing really fucking well with this thing and doing everything right, until this. Putting so much time and money into perfecting an old chassis to ruin it like this. GG
Old 03-12-2017, 12:57 AM   #108
skouki
Leaky Injector

skouki is making a name for him/her selfskouki is making a name for him/her selfskouki is making a name for him/her self
looking forward towards where this build is going! Who cares? Clean rhd s13 chassis' in Canada are dirt cheap.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:42 AM   #109
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAWL SPEEDSTAR View Post
when I say "period-correct style", I'm referencing the style of your build; the wheels, the inspiration, the parts, and the plan all fit the period the car was produced and known for. Like old-school 90's to early 2000's drift scene.

This car so far feels like something I'd see out of an early Drift Tengoku video or something, just with much more detail haha
I wasn't aware of anyone stretching their tires, having low offset wheels, and having so much camber in the 90s to early 2000s.

And to the OP, wrong person to gain your "inspiration" from to build your car. Even the Japanese owner "built/hacked" his car all haggard. I also noticed some under body rust as well, I'm sure the Japanese owner did what he did to his car because rust is cancer. Unless you cut it out completely and replace it with new sheet metal, its just a matter of time before the car falls apart.

Like someone said, everything was sweet up until you started hacking up the car. It went from a 5 star build to a 3 star build. Appreciate the share and enthusiasm of building your car though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouki View Post
looking forward towards where this build is going! Who cares? Clean rhd s13 chassis' in Canada are dirt cheap.
And you must have a lot of money and time on your hands to be building and buying "dirt cheap" cars.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #110
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Not a single person has bashed the style he is going after one bit. Seems like you're just completely ignoring what is going on here.

Why the fuck wouldn't someone seal the quarters. Why would someone who put tons of time and effort into the interior of their car directly expose it to chunks of rubber and smoke? And like dude stated above, what if a tire explodes and pieces of burning hot rubber with metal cords protruding out of them fly into the cabin? How can you say things like this and be completely oblivious to legitimate safety hazards?
My girlfriend, and I, have a drift beater, with overs and unsealed, and I can assure you that burning hot rubber doesn't make its way into the cabin when she blows a tire. Stop justifying giving this kid shit for no reason, dude.

All I'm saying is it is his build, so leave him alone. If he wants to leave it unsealed, so be it. It looks like he cleared the interior, so it won't be hard to clean if he keeps up on it. Who knows what his plans are later on.

Quote:
This dude was doing really fucking well with this thing and doing everything right, until this. Putting so much time and money into perfecting an old chassis to ruin it like this. GG
And see right there, at the end, your OPINION emerges. Maybe, in his eyes, he's still perfecting this old chassis. That's all that matters since it's his damn car.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #111
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Fucking christ. I dunno who's dumber, OP or the people sticking up for OP.

Also like stated before there is absolutely nothing retro about crazy tire stretch and camber and hacked apart cars.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:19 PM   #112
Jez
Zilvia Member

Jez is an unknown quantity at this point
Some of you guys are so bent out of shape over a car that's progress is not to your approval, why not start sending OP a cut of your paycheck to invest into his car? Then your opinion might be worth something.....
Old 03-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #113
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Everybody's opinion is worth something when a thread is started on a public forum. He loves to thank every retard that support his crazy idea, but tells everyone who opposes it to fuck off. Typical 18yo attitude...
I, like everybody else, had high hopes for this build considering how it started, then it went full retard.... another wasted s-chassis and a no-fucks-given owner..... great.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:35 PM   #114
jdmjimmy
Leaky Injector

jdmjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't been on here for ages first thread I open was this awesomely clean ps13 . Then the 1/4s get hacked off .WTF is wrong with you dude .? Buy a rusted out chassis to make shit of. You could have achieved the exact same look as your Jap Idol by flaring your rear arches.. The Jap guy most likely cut them away because they were rusted to shit !
Old 03-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #115
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Old 03-12-2017, 07:27 PM   #116
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Fucking christ. I dunno who's dumber, OP or the people sticking up for OP.

Also like stated before there is absolutely nothing retro about crazy tire stretch and camber and hacked apart cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Everybody's opinion is worth something when a thread is started on a public forum. He loves to thank every retard that support his crazy idea, but tells everyone who opposes it to fuck off. Typical 18yo attitude...
I, like everybody else, had high hopes for this build considering how it started, then it went full retard.... another wasted s-chassis and a no-fucks-given owner..... great.
It's sad how ignorantly wrong you are.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:42 PM   #117
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Who the fuck cares?
Old 03-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #118
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool

At the end of the day, op will do as he pleases with his car and being that he's documenting it on zilvia, people will state there opinions which they have the right to do.

That being said, op get your flame suite on because the negativity will continue to flow because you aren't building your car based off of what every body else thinks is "right".

I like what your doing man and think it's rad as fuck. Always dug the style as well. What you're doing is Sacreligious in the eyes of a lot of enthusiast's and that's alright man. They know it and you know it too at the end of the day.
Good luck
Old 03-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #119
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Last edited by Kalem_s13; 07-31-2018 at 03:47 PM..
Old 03-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #120
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
I want to know why you want to leave the inner fenders into the trunk compartment open? I really don't give a fuck about the style or if it's haggard or not. I thoroughly enjoy seeing people have fun / enjoying their build. Beginning to end.

Just suggesting to seal off the whole interior of the car similar to factory. Not because of the effort into it. But there's genuine safety concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
Closed Thread