Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
FIFTY6

Trader Rating: (0)
FIFTY6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR godspeed turbo wrong fitment

Ok so i got the car with a t28 off an s15 and blew the turbo and while i was waiting for it to be rebuilt i bought another used turbo to stay on the road and blew that one not long after(it was a g18 gsp turbo)the guy who was supposed to rebuild the t28 wouldnt finish the job(both turbos were the same as far as oil and coolant ports and manifold flange).. so now i have 2 blown turbos and i decided to order a cheap godspeed turbo so i can drive the damn car and it just arrived but the oil dump tube and oil intake are switched to opposite sides..otherwise its the same..am i missing something here?
FIFTY6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Cheaps out and buy a shit turbo......blows it...........Proceeds to cheap out and buy another shit knockoff turbo and complains??

STOP BUYING KNOCKOFF STUFF AND YOU WONT HAVE PROBLEMS!!

You could have bought a proper used T28 for the price of both of those godspeed turbos............
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
FIFTY6

U dont know what i pad for the turbos and where can i find a t28 for less than 800?..its about keeping the car on the road right now when someone hands me a bunch of cash ill be sure and order that t28 asap..ive already spent thousands on this car and lots of time rebuilding and like i said the cheap used turbo was just until the t28 was rebuilt its not my fault i got ripped on the rebuild..why would i have bought a t28 when i thought mine would soon be fixed?..and if the new cheap turbo actually fit and got me down the road i wouldnt have cared if it was godspeed or garret or anything at this point and time..not like if u buy cheap it expected to not even fit just poor quality most likely..my question is about the fitment i wasnt asking advice on which turbo is the best so plz dont criticize me for not having deep pockets or parents with $
Old 09-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Some advice for you, next time don't buy knock off parts.

Godspeed would be at the top of the list for knock offs.

FYI, you can buy used working garrett T28 for around $350-$500.

Good luck on you're tech issue though
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
It sounds like the turbo might just be clocked incorrectly.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:25 AM   #6
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
A used S14 T28 or GTIr T28 go for less than $300 all day long.........You just haven't been keen enough to bother to look. Your own fault.......

And if you spent thousands of dollars on it and bought a cheap turbo, that was a very stupid move. Especially for such a vital piece of the equation.

Stop making shitty excuses.

Below took me all of a 2 sec search via the classisifeds. It comes with everything to bolt on (SS lines, manifold, turbo, every damn thing) for LESS THAN 800!! Its actually $600

Garrett T28 $600

The going rate of a USED Garrett T28 is less than $300..........

Stop making up excuses and STOP buying knock off shit quality products!!!!

And even if you re-clocked it correctly, I promise it will blow is less than a few hundred miles...........JUST LIKE THE OTHER USED SHIT QUALITY GODPSEED T28 YOU BOUGHT!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
FIFTY6

Its a new turbo what are u meaning by clocked incorrectly?..and if someone could point me in the direction of a 350-500$ t28 in good shape it would certainly make it easier for me to obtain one im not super awesome at finding good prices or places to buy from on that sort of thing..this last turbo was an "emergency" thing to get the car out of my shop so i can work on some other things..it was cheap yes but thats the point i am pressed for money right now and i needed a cheap way to get the car running so i can free up space im not taking a road trip or anything..i cant roll the car out and just leave it sit outside cuz the shop entrance is on a slope and i would rather not do the work outside..i could put the blown turbo back on and wire the wastegate open like i did to get it in there but thats a lot of doing and undoing which is why i just wanted to "slap something in for now"..trust me i want a t28 back on the car asap so if anyone knows where these better price garret t28s are or has a good reference for someone to rebuild one in the ABQ area the info would be appreciated
Old 09-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #8
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Ok, I will stop being an ass........

I already pointed you to a good working full bolt up setup (there is a link in my reply). You really shouldn't expect others to do YOUR legwork. I left you a link to get you started, so get cracking! All the information and dealings are in the classifieds (WARNING: the classifieds around here have been plagued with scammers lately, so take head).

You could also find a good condition T28 on craisglist as well. You just gotta look. You also have to be attentive and use google. Any search on a ANY godspeed turbos will paint a much better picture of just how low standard and below sub par quality the godspeed turbos are. You oculd very well have saved yourself quiet a few dollars, time (labor installing/uninstalling) and headache just by doing some legwork.

Also, a little tidbit: For the price of those two turbos you bought, a used Garrett (known quality, etc) could have been had with a few dollars to spare. Just a little thought . As the saying goes: Buy quality the first time around. Because you will end up buying a shitty quality product 3 times over, which could have bought you a good quality used product to begin with.

Goodluck and PM me if you need a hand in pointing you the right direction!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
FIFTY6

Like i said u dont know what i pad for the used turbo..maybe it was a dollar please stop assuming and I JUST NEEDED IT FOR A SHORT TIME..if u lose a shoe do u stop walking until a the match is found?..no u put on your "cheap" sandals while looking for your shoe i would think..im not made of money and its not so easy for me to use the internet i have a crap phone not a computer or anything so the connection sucks and im not familiar with the forums enough to go straight to the right place..im not a forum nerd dont hate me im here for help haha..im not an sr20 genius either so if u thought i was saying so plz understand im just wanting the car to start and drive out of the shop..are u gona get pissed when i tellu the starter makes noise on startup and i havent replaced it yet cuz im too "cheap"?..also still using regular gas aaahhhh..please stop telling me not to be cheap its not gona help and i do honestly get the point
Old 09-30-2014, 10:57 AM   #10
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Ahhh fuck it..........

Goodluck to you dude.........Your gonna need it! Tried to help but you are on your own now.

Typical Zilvia............
Old 09-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #11
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIFTY6 View Post
Like i said u dont know what i pad for the used turbo..maybe it was a dollar please stop assuming and I JUST NEEDED IT FOR A SHORT TIME..if u lose a shoe do u stop walking until a the match is found?..no u put on your "cheap" sandals while looking for your shoe i would think..im not made of money and its not so easy for me to use the internet i have a crap phone not a computer or anything so the connection sucks and im not familiar with the forums enough to go straight to the right place..im not a forum nerd dont hate me im here for help haha..im not an sr20 genius either so if u thought i was saying so plz understand im just wanting the car to start and drive out of the shop..are u gona get pissed when i tellu the starter makes noise on startup and i havent replaced it yet cuz im too "cheap"?..also still using regular gas aaahhhh..please stop telling me not to be cheap its not gona help and i do honestly get the point
You need to find a different hobby if you can't even afford to put something better than 87 in the tank.

Want my best advice? Sell the car, buy a cheap Honda to daily until you can afford to properly put a swapped 240 on the road. By the time you keep spending money on junk Godspeed turbos and go through a few of them, you could've had a reliable OEM turbo.

And even if someone GAVE me a knockoff turbo, I wouldn't put it on my car.

EDIT: And if you can't figure out why the oil feed and return isn't lining up, you might not want to be turning wrenches on your car. Find someone who knows what they're doing, and ask if they are willing to help...because us telling you over the internet to reclock your compressor and turbine isn't going to accomplish much, b/c I'm already assuming there are a wide range of other issues your car is probably having beyond this.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #12
FIFTY6

Ok fuck u all i meant its not race gas i was being sarcastic always use 91 or better..i rebuilt the motor with new crank and bearings and oil pump and oil filter and rear seal housing and other shit i cant think of right now..i am not a cheapass my t28 should be on the the car if the machinist i went thru wasnt such a shitty person..i dont care what "you" would do since "you" are doing nothing for me right now and ive already heard what u are saying..this is a special situation i may not even drive the car further than up the driveway with the china turbo its JUST TEMPORARY..but yeh u guys are really giving me more shit than i need to explain myself around on this issue so ill get it done myself as usual the hard way..thanks to those trying to help
Old 09-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #13
FIFTY6

I rebuilt the motor and it runs pretty damn good just needs a turbo now
Old 09-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #14
FIFTY6

And fuck hondas..this car is a lil dream of mine and ive been ripped so many times by people who "know what they are doing"..im gona figure it out myself one way or another just sucks when nobody wants to answer questions without acting like they are my parents or something
Old 09-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #15
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Might wanna check your perspective, kid.

First you talk about not knowing why your oil feed and return lines aren't lining up, and then you come back and say you rebuilt the motor yourself...goes exactly with what I said about there being other potential issues with the car, this just being one of them.

And for the record, I never said anything malicious. I was being honest. If you're talking about how you aren't made of money, then you DAMN sure cannot afford to be cheap. What caused the engine to blow in the first place? Neglect? Ever had a turbo car before? This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

My honest opinion is that you're in way over your head, and so again...find someone around you willing to help b/c internet searches are only gonna get you so far.

Oh, and Hondas are great daily's. I'd never buy one to mod, I'd only want it for that mpg. That was the point I was trying to make about getting a Honda for the time being.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #16
FIFTY6

It blew in the first place because some asshole that "knows what he is doing" blew it when i "asked for his help" and had him do some work on the car..only reason i ever got the car back on the road was because i gave the finger to people saying i was "in over my head" and decided to finish it alone..i sold several "cheap hondas" to get this car what happens when the cheap honda breaks and i need help with that?..buy a bicycle?..im trying to learn about the car and im trying to ask in a humble way thats admitting of the fact I DONT KNOW EVERYTHING..u are assuming so much how can u give me good advice?..u assume my car has other problems based on the fact i bought a cheap turbo?..u assume im a kid based on what did i say how old i was?..if u werent so focused on NOT helping maybe i would actually take u seriously
Old 09-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #17
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I'm loving this thread right about now.
Lol
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #18
FIFTY6

Yeh this went from a "help me" thread to a "u arent good enough to be here" thread..but hey ive given up on getting any real help so yeh its pretty much just drama now sorry..but u are welcome for the entertainment haha..obviously im new and havent figured out how to work around the shit starters yet
Old 09-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #19
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Never said you weren't good enough to be here. Never told you to go away. You came here asking about shitty turbos, and you got the response that question deserves.

I sense a great deal of butthurt. Being humble and being sarcastic don't go hand in hand, either. And I called you a kid because you're acting like one.

Anyways, I'll leave you alone now.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #20
FIFTY6

No plz dont leave petey your input is o so useful..nah i think u know too much to be wasting time on kids like me yo haha..i asked a question and got criticism like crazy for just asking it which isnt exactly and answer..well im trying to be humble anyway by asking for help and admitting im not an expert im sry if youe senses dont read that part..sarcasm is just something i use to deal with self righteous ppl..kid
Old 09-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #21
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

If you read closely, we gave you the answer (clocking the turbo). So we DID answer your question. However, it is VERY clear you have very little understanding in mechanicals based off your answer so we chose to continue no furthur as this is not a "turbo/mechanicals" clinic.

What the hell do you want us to do now princess?? Come and give you a pedi??

Old 09-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #22
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Tom N is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is the question here really, why is the oil return facing up and the oil feed facing down?
Please tell me that's not the question...
Old 09-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #23
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Okay where's that popcorn?!!
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:58 PM   #24
FIFTY6

Ok your highness so how am i ever gona gain this "mechanical knowledge" if u wont share it without telling me to sell the car and buy a junk honda that i wouldnt even want to look at much less work on?..and dont throw yourself in with the ppl who actually try and help..its not a "we" from where im at more like the helpfuls and the criticizers.. the person who said "clock turbo" was actually much nicer in his attempt to convey the right info instead of telling me to sell the car and that im too cheap and in over my head and blah blah blah..so thanks to that guy for trying to be helpful and middle finger to the other side of "we" who just keeps maintaining that only some questions are ok and only from ppl who already have all the answers..stupid questions get asked and im sry but thats the maturing process most ppl have to deal with but just because i dont know something doesnt mean im stupid and have no ability to learn..yes im asking why the return faces up and oil feed down and if i could just get an answer to my stupid question then maybe i could get the intelligent answer im seeking and that will be one less stupid question to ask..bottom line to me is this...i cant trust anyone to help in real life and have worn out that option and learned from it and paid for it big time..determined to do the work myself so have to graduate from ignorance to knowledge somehow based on experience..u ppl have the experience needed to help me get there so why are some so touchy about others looking to them for that knowledge?..u should be happy to answer stupid questions for us ignorant folks not like anyone automatically knows it all without someone else answering their stupid questions first especially someone like me who has no reliable help..so im totally dumb and in over my head and all that..now can we move on to the next step where i learn how to be an sr20 genius because i was helped with the info or am i sposed to sit in the corner and cry about how i cant do it and buy a honda like a "princess"..no i dont want a pedi your excellency just a fucking answer minus the arrogant prick attitude
Old 09-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #25
FIFTY6

I rebuilt a motor thats at least some understanding..what do i gotta do to be qualified as understanding or having enough knowledge?..build a space ship?..if i had as much mechanical know how as your standard implies then would i bother asking for help?
Old 09-30-2014, 05:13 PM   #26
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Holy shit I cannot read further than like 10 words into any of your posts before my eyes start bleeding. What are you trying to communicate? A little spelling and punctuation would help a bunch.

My assessment based on your title which I can read. Stop buying shit parts. I mean damn, Godspeed camber arms, sure they are just arms, whatever. But a turbo? You expect Godspeed to pull off making a nice turbo? Not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Okay where's that popcorn?!!
gotchyo back bro
Old 09-30-2014, 05:13 PM   #27
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=106021

I think you just need to reclock the turbine housing and compressor housing. The oil feed should point up; the drain, down.

Should be pretty obvious once you get it attached to the manifold.

Also, try paragraphs and spell check. And stop using 'u'.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #28
FIFTY6

Haha well u gotta read more than 10 words if u wana know whats going on and n9t just say the same thing thats been said way more than enough times..did i say i expect godspeed to make a nice turbo?..no i said i needed one as a temporary only to drive like 50 feet or so..next u will be saying "i didnt read anything on the thread but u want your car to go to the moon?"..spelling and punctuation are not easy to achieve on this phone so i think im doing pretty good not that it matters at all IF U ARENT EVEN READING..the message is the same and i dont feel like taking all day to proofread and edit all the tiny mistakes is gona get me any better responses and most others on here dont seem to care that much either..way to sweat the small stuff
Old 09-30-2014, 05:50 PM   #29
FIFTY6

Its a PHONE..i dont know how to use spellcheck on it and im not writing a book so why the sudden focus on grammar instead of the real points of the convo?..o no i shortened the word now it cant be read aahhh...this site has tons of bad spelling and grammar all over it.."U" is universally short for you..LOL is incorrent grammar and punctuation but who is really anal enough to write laugh out loud..its a turbocharger not a turbo but thats not really a point..usually this kind of thing becomes the focus when somebody wants to say something negative without knowing what else negative to say in my opinion..just what ive seen on other posts..obviously what i said was clear enough to respond to even negatively so if u dont understand something im sry my incorrect grammar keeps u from being helpful with the turbo question and causes an obligation to school me in english which is full in discrepancies and loose ends as it is due to being an adaptation of other languages so really its ALL incorrect grammar when looked at as a form of legit communication over the course of time..good thing nobody can see me or next it would be my hair or skin is the wrong color
Old 09-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #30
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Ok guy, i posted the answer.

Just stop posting and making yourself look like an even bigger idiot.