Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
jserman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
90's B-ball was the Shit

The game just doesn't seem to be what it used to be..Today the players seem to be more about getting fouled then anything...

I found this clip and it brought back so many memories of when watching the NBA was fun

YouTube - We Loved 90's NBA Basketball
jserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #2
iLagX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (40)
iLagX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to iLagX
YouTube - NBA Shaquille O'Neal Breaks Basket Again!

Might as well adjust the basketball court so the white guys can dunk

talking about the old times
iLagX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Too bad he ended up a washed up, fat, coke head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPvh7jdeeo
Old 06-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Cool cool.

I still liked the 80's. They knew how to wear shorts.

Sorry the video is the celtics and bird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvo7__wwBU

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

80's was all about shooting, 90's was all about dunking, 00 is all about getting fouled...lol

also I was a huge SK fan back in the day....
Old 06-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jserman View Post
00 is all about getting fouled...lol
Seriously, just let them fucking play.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I totally agree with this. As an example, that is the only thing i hate about Kobe, he's an amazing player and has so much talent but still always trying to draw fouls.
slamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Daaaaaa bulls!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
everything was better in the 90's. tim hardaway's killer crossover ftw
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Daaaaaa bulls!!!
Hell yeah! they were my fav team. Scottie pippen was my fav player.
1995-96 they went 72-10 thats just insane haha
Old 06-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #11
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
the knicks were actually good in the 90s lol... those were the good old days.. maybe it seemed better because we were younger and enjoyed it, instead of these days where we watch it to yell at bad calls and other bullshit..
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

^^^ there where no bad calls cause they didn't call fouls every five seconds like they do now...LOL...
Old 06-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #13
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PteF-z48Dc
Old 06-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Omarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of light
I want a pair of Kevin Johnson Converse Reacts:

Omarius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
SDS13COUPE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
SDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Basketball is definetly not the same now. Those were the day.
SDS13COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #16
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
everything 90s was the shit.

hip hop songs in the 90s actually made sense and had lyrical talent.

Shows in the 90s motivated you and were more realistic

Disney, Nick, and Cartoon network in the 90s.. no need to explain the awesome there.

as for Basketball.. hell yeah man, Shawn kemp = Sonics. I still think Jordan is and will forever will be the G.O.A.T. Alot of people dont understand that Jordan didnt have much of a supporting cast in the bulls compared to Kobe or whoever people want to compare Jordan to.

Oh yeah and I still want a pair of air uptempos.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #17
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Jordan didnt have a good supporting cast? First of all your fucking 20! In 1995 you were 5! you have no idea anything about the 90's, shit im not that much older and i have a better understanding. As i stated in a previous post, in 1995-96 the bulls went 72-10! Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, kukoc...ohhhh right you were shitting your pants when i was watching them win championship rings.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #18
don_bagz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
don_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamburger View Post
I totally agree with this. As an example, that is the only thing i hate about Kobe, he's an amazing player and has so much talent but still always trying to draw fouls.

everybody does it now tho.. its not only him. i think, mike bibby or deron williams are the best at it.. always draw contact.. but, thats how it is now.. it sucks bad.. but, players kinda have to adjust to keep up.. ye know? its kinda like, if neon underglow was the shit for some people before, especially fast and furious 1.. now, you rarely see under glows now.. coz, people gotta keep up.. but some dont! lol
Old 06-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #19
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Yeah thats why i said as an example, i agree with you. Its the direction the game went and players have to adjust. I mean shit some times games are won at the free throw line. The last laker game KG didnt wanna inbound the ball to Rondo cuz he SUCKS at free throws and he knew the Lakers would foul since there was only a few seconds left on the clock.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #20
don_bagz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
don_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
yup... i think its all thanks to hackashaq! lol
Old 06-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #21
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

YEAH! cuz that was the only way they could stop him and since he sucked at free throws it made perfect sense to foul.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #22
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
I miss the NBA on NBC and their Sunday tripleheaders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AQ3IAriL0k

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamburger View Post
Yeah thats why i said as an example, i agree with you. Its the direction the game went and players have to adjust. I mean shit some times games are won at the free throw line. The last laker game KG didnt wanna inbound the ball to Rondo cuz he SUCKS at free throws and he knew the Lakers would foul since there was only a few seconds left on the clock.
That's always been part of the game of professional ball. If you're down a couple points, you try and foul
the worst FT shooter on the other team, or any player who has the ball, in hopes they'll miss and that you'll
get the rebound.

LOL to the comment about Jordan not having a supporting cast. He had the all-time greatest wing defender
in Pippen, sharpshooters in Kerr and Paxson, a rebounding/defensive machine in Rodman, one of the best
6th men to come out in Kukoc, and Phil Jackson. Zone defenses were also not allowed back in the day.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #23
alpha180sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
alpha180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i think now is all about money and get paid millions playing in nba
alpha180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:48 PM   #24
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
i really miss the shoes and jerseys
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #25
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Hell yeah! the shoes were awesome!

Pippen had some of my fav shoes back then haha
Old 06-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #26
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

I agree everything was better int he 90's

cars, music, and def sports..

also i heard they are releasing NBA JAMS on wii this fall... one of the best all time games ever

and hells yea I had a pair of air jordan IV's my first pair of nike airs. Also remember the reebok blacktops... Baller...
Old 06-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #27
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
^^^HAHA, I had those Air Max's.

Shawn Kemp aka The Reign Man...I used to watch the Sonics tear it the fuck up. Him, The Glove (Gary Payton for you kiddies), Detlef Schrempf (The OG German/Euro import, if it wasnt for him, there would be no Nowitzki), Kendall Gill, Sam Perkins with Nate McMillan coming off the bench.

The game got gay definitely because of all the fouls. Not only defensive but alot more offensive foul. Why do you not see so much dunks anymore? Why dunk when you can take a jumper that for the same amount of points and not get a charging call?

Now if they made dunks worth 3 points...that should bring the excitement back into the game.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #28
VQMaxFan
Zilvia Junkie

VQMaxFan is on a distinguished road
Even the basket ball games were better IMO.

HE'S ON FIRE! haha
VQMaxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #29
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

I know i was watching 90's highlights and guy where always dunking.... now i have been watching the finals and you rarely see a dunk if at all...
Old 06-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #30
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQMaxFan View Post
Even the basket ball games were better IMO.

HE'S ON FIRE! haha
boom shaka laka
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote