Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:43 AM   #61
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
Thanks,thats my car. I had to raise the front a little since then.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2005, 10:58 AM   #62
Pudula
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Pudula is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Pudula
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoNights
Thanks,thats my car. I had to raise the front a little since then.
Did the whole 'not being able to turn the front wheels' affect the drivability?? weird! anyway... nice rig!
Old 09-23-2005, 11:51 AM   #63
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
^^ idiot. you can tuck front tread and maintain drivability. go take your lame ass stock fenders and box sidewalls elsewhere.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:23 PM   #64
decksy
Zilvia Junkie

decksy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudula
Did the whole 'not being able to turn the front wheels' affect the drivability?? weird! anyway... nice rig!
lol... this was pretty funny.

gettin' it sidewayzzz
Old 09-23-2005, 01:14 PM   #65
s134
Zilvia Addict

s134 is a well-known jackass

my buddy zach (hondamatic)

mine \/
Old 09-23-2005, 04:12 PM   #66
pRaHjeC
Leaky Injector

pRaHjeC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pRaHjeC

my suspension is whack, so don't ask what it is =\
Old 09-23-2005, 04:34 PM   #67
Silvia_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Silvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymore
I saw rbs14's car in person at drift circuit and man, all i can say is damn that thing is low.. n motor wize, mind if i ask what ur running? ur shit was so damn loud i loved it.. i'd have to say u have bomb ass control, props on skill
Old 09-23-2005, 05:26 PM   #68
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

Jcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to Jcb890
YES!! stretched tires and mismatch paint is the shit. I love this thread.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:23 PM   #69
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
uhh...get real dude, mismatched paint is NOT the shit

and streched tires are for functionality...why is it the shit? it's common place IMO (and personal opinion in functionality at that)

anyhow, like was said before, this thread is about "how low can you go" not "how close can you get to stock ride height w/ aftermarket suspension"

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Old 09-23-2005, 11:21 PM   #70
TougeRacing
Zilvia Junkie

TougeRacing has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcb890
YES!! stretched tires and mismatch paint is the shit. I love this thread.
mismatched paint is sh** (as in crap).
Old 09-24-2005, 11:51 PM   #71
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

Jcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
uhh...get real dude, mismatched paint is NOT the shit

and streched tires are for functionality...why is it the shit? it's common place IMO (and personal opinion in functionality at that)

anyhow, like was said before, this thread is about "how low can you go" not "how close can you get to stock ride height w/ aftermarket suspension"
that one flew right over your head. clearly mismatched paint is not the shit, its called sarcasm.

stretched tires are for fitting huge wheels without rolling/banging out the fenders. stretching the tires, 95% of the time, especially on this board is done so the person can run a super sweet jdm tyte wheel with 0 or negative offset w/ a huge lip.

and i never said anything about stock ride height, a car thats lowered nicely looks great. slamming a car on the ground so the camber is ridiculous and the tires are stretched to shit is a retarded idea.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:09 AM   #72
vtrdcamry2000ce
Leaky Injector

vtrdcamry2000ce has made poor choicesvtrdcamry2000ce has made poor choicesvtrdcamry2000ce has made poor choicesvtrdcamry2000ce has made poor choicesvtrdcamry2000ce has made poor choicesvtrdcamry2000ce has made poor choices

Old 09-25-2005, 12:21 AM   #73
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

that 240 is hurtin.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:33 AM   #74
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
^^ idiot. you can tuck front tread and maintain drivability. go take your lame ass stock fenders and box sidewalls elsewhere.
You're such an ass. WTF are you going to do with your 18x12s, anyway? You should probably offer to use them as supplemental housing for those displaced by Hurricane Rita.

I think a nice addition to this thread would be how much ground clearance from the lowest point on your chassis you guys have. I'm running 3.25" to the lowest point on my chassis and could probably go lower but... WHY?

Oh yeah, here's a pic of how not-low it is with KTS coilovers:
Old 09-25-2005, 01:29 AM   #75
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
uhh, im going to pimp around town on them, and let them collect dust in my pit area when i go to drift events, because i cant spin them, because my whole car is rice?

but at least i dont try to make retarded stale 5 year old jokes because i suck at fitment and dont understand camber gain and sidewall stretch.

thats the lowest i can go without cutting more out of the fender well. it dosent rub.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:49 AM   #76
s134
Zilvia Addict

i have 3 inches from my front lip to the ground
Old 09-25-2005, 12:26 PM   #77
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer

thats the lowest i can go without cutting more out of the fender well. it dosent rub.
whoa. what size are those wheels? are they work termist t1 or something? i think ritzs14 has those wheels too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:44 PM   #78
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
slamming a car on the ground so the camber is ridiculous and the tires are stretched to shit is a retarded idea.
Yeah, you're pretty much a retard. You obviously don't understand the FUNCTIONAL reasons why both of the things you mentioned are done.

Boxy, rock on. Love the car.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:09 PM   #79
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBS14
Yeah, you're pretty much a retard. You obviously don't understand the FUNCTIONAL reasons why both of the things you mentioned are done.

Boxy, rock on. Love the car.
oh i understand why RACE CARS are lowered extremely low and SET UP RIGHT so their wheels arent leaning inwards like the leaning tower of pizza. when the car has too much camber, you lessen the contact patch of the tire and that affects the performance, its not rocket science, the more tire on the ground, the better. making the car lower to the ground lowers the center of gravity, which is a good thing, but when you're driving it aroudn to more than track events you're gonna start damaging shit if its too low, and most of the people on this board, and many others (not just singling out 240 owners) just drop their car as low as they can and dont give a shit about stretching the shit out of tires or having the wheel's camber ridiculous so the whole contact patch isnt being used.

slamming a car and putting wide wheels and tires on it is awesome if you're gonna do it right, otherwise, its just a useless way to say "hey, look at me, my shit is cool" and doesn't do a hell of a lot performance-wise compared to actually doing it right.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:10 PM   #80
chmercer
BANNED

dude, just shut the fuck up. seriously.

edit - if you dont think this is cool, theres a good chance you have brain damage.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:29 PM   #81
smily_vigor
Leaky Injector

smily_vigor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to smily_vigor
Quote:
oh i understand why RACE CARS are lowered extremely low and SET UP RIGHT so their wheels arent leaning inwards like the leaning tower of pizza. when the car has too much camber, you lessen the contact patch of the tire and that affects the performance, its not rocket science, the more tire on the ground, the better. making the car lower to the ground lowers the center of gravity, which is a good thing, but when you're driving it aroudn to more than track events you're gonna start damaging shit if its too low, and most of the people on this board, and many others (not just singling out 240 owners) just drop their car as low as they can and dont give a shit about stretching the shit out of tires or having the wheel's camber ridiculous so the whole contact patch isnt being used.

slamming a car and putting wide wheels and tires on it is awesome if you're gonna do it right, otherwise, its just a useless way to say "hey, look at me, my shit is cool" and doesn't do a hell of a lot performance-wise compared to actually doing it right.

Yo man common, if your going to start talking shit at least have all your facts straight. First of all negative camber increases your performance. Not in a straight line but in corners. Yes driving straight you aren't using the entire contact patch but slam that car into a corner and the wheel deforms, that in conjuction with the negative camber actually increases your contact patch giving you more grip. yo, everybody pays their money for their shit so you can't always knock everyone for stuff they do. Just leave them do there's and you do yours. Everyones entitled to their own likes and dislikes.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #82
p11driver
Zilvia Junkie

p11driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to p11driver

cell camera, ill get real pics one day.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:48 PM   #83
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
wow, chmercer post a shot of the whole car, thats awesome man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Old 09-25-2005, 03:08 PM   #84
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree
You're such an ass. WTF are you going to do with your 18x12s, anyway? You should probably offer to use them as supplemental housing for those displaced by Hurricane Rita.
please shut up. you are retarded. if you think he tracks those specifc wheels you are wrong. he has already stated that in a past thread. ever heard of daily and track wheels? sadly some people cannot afford both, yet chmercer can.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:21 PM   #85
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by smily_vigor
Yo man common, if your going to start talking shit at least have all your facts straight. First of all negative camber increases your performance. Not in a straight line but in corners. Yes driving straight you aren't using the entire contact patch but slam that car into a corner and the wheel deforms, that in conjuction with the negative camber actually increases your contact patch giving you more grip. yo, everybody pays their money for their shit so you can't always knock everyone for stuff they do. Just leave them do there's and you do yours. Everyones entitled to their own likes and dislikes.
i actually made this face

Anyhow, I completely understand why and why not to lower your car very low. When it comes down to it, you can talk all you want, but when it comes down to it, dont knock it 'till you've tried it. I had my car high, I've had it low, I'm going to lower it more. I've run proper tire sizes, i've run ballooned tires and i've stretched them.

In my current situation, I have TRIED all of the various ways to set up ride height and wheel/tires and I am at the conclusion that I want.
-very low ride height
-17x9 wheels w/ +2 front and -10 rear offsets r
-215/45 front and 225/45 rear tires

I am a drifter. I do not daily drive my car if I don't feel like it. This setup works for me. I don't give a fuck what you think about it, but do NOT act like you know more about me and the way I like to set up my car then I do.

asshole

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 09-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #86
smily_vigor
Leaky Injector

smily_vigor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to smily_vigor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
i actually made this face

Anyhow, I completely understand why and why not to lower your car very low. When it comes down to it, you can talk all you want, but when it comes down to it, dont knock it 'till you've tried it. I had my car high, I've had it low, I'm going to lower it more. I've run proper tire sizes, i've run ballooned tires and i've stretched them.

In my current situation, I have TRIED all of the various ways to set up ride height and wheel/tires and I am at the conclusion that I want.
-very low ride height
-17x9 wheels w/ +2 front and -10 rear offsets r
-215/45 front and 225/45 rear tires

I am a drifter. I do not daily drive my car if I don't feel like it. This setup works for me. I don't give a fuck what you think about it, but do NOT act like you know more about me and the way I like to set up my car then I do.

asshole

Wait are you talking to me or the other dude that made the first post? Cause I was knocking him for talking all the shit about people don't know how to lower their cars properly. I'm 100% for slammed just cause it looks hot, forget all the other shit i couldn't care less what I jack up I just love to look. You quoted me and then at the end of your post you put "asshole" which wouldn't make sense if your knocking me cause i'm on the same side as you about lowering.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #87
s134
Zilvia Addict

u guys are all whiney bitches....this is a picture thread... SHUT THE FUCK UP

camber is adjusted to the situation... -camber is not always the best route
Old 09-25-2005, 03:42 PM   #88
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Yo man common, if your going to start talking shit at least have all your facts straight. First of all negative camber increases your performance. Not in a straight line but in corners. Yes driving straight you aren't using the entire contact patch but slam that car into a corner and the wheel deforms, that in conjuction with the negative camber actually increases your contact patch giving you more grip.
Yo man, come on, if you're going to start talking shit at least have all YOUR facts straight.

Negative camber increases contact patch TO AN EXTENT. The wheel itself does not deform any appreciable amount. The tire may roll and the strut may deflect, and that's why we run a negative camber, but not anywhere near -3 degrees on a properly set up car. It just is not conducive to ultimate grip.

SilviaDriver- Yeah, they're his ricey bling wheels. He admitted it. He also thinks that his opinion is the sole right opinion and if we disagree we "have brain damage." By the way, I have daily and track wheels.

Chmercer- I have brain damage. Those wheels on that S13 are stupid as hell.

Jcb- I'm kindasorta on your side. I'm more willing to side with you in an argument than Chmercer or SilviaDriver but that's not saying much. You have a point about excessive negative camber and stretched tires but then again, so do they. Drifting requires less overall grip no matter what echelon in which you're competing so you can get away with less sophisticated chassis setup. "Artificially" (as in "not induced by using smaller tires with less stiff sidewalls") reducing contact patch and increasing sidewall size will actually fly in drifting.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:42 PM   #89
Ian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Wait are you talking to me or the other dude that made the first post? Cause I was knocking him for talking all the shit about people don't know how to lower their cars properly. I'm 100% for slammed just cause it looks hot, forget all the other shit i couldn't care less what I jack up I just love to look. You quoted me and then at the end of your post you put "asshole" which wouldn't make sense if your knocking me cause i'm on the same side as you about lowering.

1. No the rest of my post was pointed at the dude who tried to school me and a few other people on how making our cars low is stupid. That's why i put "Anyhow" in front of the next paragraph.

2. We are not on the same side. There is a functional reason why my car is very low. I am NOT 100% for "slammed" because it looks "hot". I make my car low, because I like the performance it gives me.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 09-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #90
lilredstiffy
Zilvia Addict

lilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to lilredstiffy Send a message via AIM to lilredstiffy
You guys are majorly retarded for consistently getting upset about people with a car 1 inch lower than 'ideal', a wheel one inch wider than 'ideal' for the tire, and above all arguing about nonsense in a thread challenging who sacrificies the most daily driveability for the sake of looking badass.

Also -3 camber is fucking perfect for front camber. not too much at all...which shows ka24de123 you are knocking something you've never even tried...wtg socal wussbag.
Closed Thread