Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #1081
240hoarder

Trader Rating: (0)
240hoarder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I will be in the tampa bay area if anyone in the area or on the way from miami to tampa needs parts comment below!!!!

Media is now open for those willing to travel there wil be skid pad and comp on the road course location is gainsville florida we are just trying to get the word out its all we ask. Share share share

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
240hoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #1082
Frank_cr

Frank_cr is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys,
Frank new here always lurked around but never registered until now.
owned a 91 240sx ka-t a few years ago, jumped into a 97 hatch gs-r and now into a 2010 BMW, looking to jump back into a hatch or coupe 240sx , but seems like the "scene" is dead down south? any one can tell me other wise?
Frank_cr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #1083
Cloud_Strife
Zilvia Member

Cloud_Strife is an unknown quantity at this point
The scene is dead here because what are you gonna do with the 240? Drive down a long highway or expressway and maybe make an off-ramp turn :P

Also, I don't know why but any kind of Florida scene sucks. At least Cali has a good mix of stance kids, oem strict people, and time-attack crowds.

Here it's all stancenation take your a/c out then wonder why you took it out.

Also this is where you sell your drift missle for like $10 million
Cloud_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #1084
Frank_cr

Frank_cr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Strife View Post
The scene is dead here because what are you gonna do with the 240? Drive down a long highway or expressway and maybe make an off-ramp turn :P

Also, I don't know why but any kind of Florida scene sucks. At least Cali has a good mix of stance kids, oem strict people, and time-attack crowds.

Here it's all stancenation take your a/c out then wonder why you took it out.

Also this is where you sell your drift missle for like $10 million
Shit that's pretty sad , PBIR doesn't have a drift event listed for the next 4 months I searched and county line got closed a while back.

I have to agree on the prices of the cars it's pretty stupid I had gotten my s13 for $1200 lol now I can barely find a shell for that much
Frank_cr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:17 PM   #1085
Cloud_Strife
Zilvia Member

It is insane dude. I mean supply and demand have risen for these cars so I know they are raised in value lately but FL is ridiculous. 4k gets you an unmolested car with rust holes, everything broken, and the title being screwed up; and of course all A/C and cruise components ripped out which completely sucks when 9 months out of the year it's sweltering and I take the expressway or highway everywhere.

1200 was a deal man! Honestly for fun with the car I would try getting involved with a local club (if you can deal with it ) and donating some cash for renting spaces for autoX.

Drift wise I guess you're just gonna be stuck with all those closed-down K-marts that commercial retailers can't sell LOL.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:19 AM   #1086
vbgambini
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
vbgambini is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Havent been on this forum in a long time! Glad to be back and now with a 1978 280z.

Sorry this might be a little long. This is my first classic Z. It actually is a very solid car. I paid 2500$ and I've seen worse at that price. Had plenty 240sx before with a KA-t and my favorite one a 98 240sx 1J. So this is my first 280z that I want to build.

I have a decent tool collection. I do what I can handle. And have time for on my driveway (No garage). I have the Haynes manual so far and all these forums. I bought the car not being able to run and start and realized it was just the starter. So I got it started and loved driving it. So far I did all the maintenance stuff. Plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, did the rear drums, oil change, fixed a little surface rust on the roof, fiber glassed a little hole in the passenger floor pan. Took up the bumpers, installed a front air dam and other little things I cant think of right now.

There are little rust areas that need to be checked out besides little stuff on the body. I think the TC rod area on the frame on the passenger side might need a little attention. The driver side looks ok. I already have the bad dog frame rails ready to be welded. Under battery tray needs some repair too. But otherwise a very solid and fun car to drive.

I am not looking to do a V8 swap and really trying to keep it all Nissan. Was thinking a L28ET. Maybe RB? I gotta go boost lol. At least 400 HP. Kinda spoiled with my old 240sx making 528HP. But like everyone I am on a budget and need to think things through on what I want to spend because I also want to enjoy the car as well and not let it sit in a shop forever. Would like to do things little by little. And if possible some help with some local guys rather than a shop that wont cost me an arm and a leg. I know it will take a long time to build it the way I want but I am trying to enjoy it while I work on it too if that makes any sense.

My plan so far besides boost and obvious paint and rust repair. Is suspension, Watanabe 16'' maybe 9 or 9.5 wide wheels, 240z front and rear bumpers, AC, and flares. Thats why I want coilovers, for lower stance, adjustability and extra wheel well space. Just trying to reach out to you guys and especially some Florida Z guys. Trying to find a starting point somewhere.

If anything I can send texts to anyone if they want to see pics of the car too. But really looking for some guidance and some FL guys. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by vbgambini; 01-22-2016 at 12:42 PM..
vbgambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:35 PM   #1087
kevsz32
Leaky Injector

kevsz32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kevsz32
Hey guys! been skimming through the thread and pretty much agree that there's no real car scene here in FL besides maybe Tampa and Miami. Im originally from Washington DC where the car scene there is awesome and might have spoiled me. When I came down here in 2010 I immediately noticed the lack of the scene, then i went back home in 2014 and the scene up there is even bigger than when I left it. Anyways, ended up permanently moving down here and feel like im the only car guy around (Cocoa Beach) Ive heard through others that there are high class build cars here but, that, Ive yet to see. Hopefully Im wrong though.

Heres my car, a 90 2+2 Fairlady Z Twin Turbo

kevsz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:43 PM   #1088
Cloud_Strife
Zilvia Member

Very clean Fairlady Z!

Welcome to FL, It's bad in regards to the scene, but only in how easy it is to find car enthusiasts in comparison to other states. Their are people out there, you just have to try a little more and network. Orlando actually has a couple of clubs and a wealth of enthusiasts and is an all around better city than Tampa (where I grew up). It also depends on what you like. Old datsuns and early Nissan zeds are pretty popular around here. S-chassis is another story entirely.

Don't give up

P.s.> I used to live right on the Potomac in Dahlgren, VA. I dreaded going through Maryland but D.C. was cool, lots of stuff going on. That traffic tho
Old 01-30-2016, 06:26 PM   #1089
bmar19
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
bmar19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Have my S14 for sale...has a SR and under 6k miles on the motor...it was all redone and has all receipts to show

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5425514324.html
bmar19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:39 PM   #1090
S13Leo

S13Leo is an unknown quantity at this point
Checking in From Miami.. IF anyone as some parts for sale for a s13 coupe lmk
S13Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #1091
vbgambini
Zilvia Junkie

vbgambini is an unknown quantity at this point
South FL guys. My Zedd Findings floor pans came in. So I now have my Badd Dog frame rails along with my floors. Anyone know how much just labor is to welding these in? So I can get an idea?

Also anyne in the South FL area that have experience in this? Thanks guys.
vbgambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:34 AM   #1092
billyblaze
Zilvia Addict

billyblaze is a well-known jackass
Curious is their any dyno nights in the ft lauderdale area
I need to get my sr20det tuned

If their isnt is their a solid place to take it to

Thanks in advance
Waiting for iacv before i can get tune
billyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:57 PM   #1093
Loufig
Leaky Injector

Loufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-known
fl here s14 tomei crate sr20det
Loufig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:24 AM   #1094
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyblaze View Post
Curious is their any dyno nights in the ft lauderdale area
I need to get my sr20det tuned

If their isnt is their a solid place to take it to

Thanks in advance
Waiting for iacv before i can get tune

STP in Davie - what you tubing with?
Old 02-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #1095
Alex_Zenki

Alex_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Central Florida

If you still need welding I'm further from you but have a welder and a good buddy who welds for a living
Alex_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #1096
billyblaze
Zilvia Addict

Thanks they did my zenki before
I got rid of it

Forgot the name
Old 02-29-2016, 01:29 PM   #1097
billyblaze
Zilvia Addict

Also forgot to ask
Does anyone know of a good paint shop
In broward to reasonably paint my kouki

And maybe fix my sunroof

Thanks in advance

Last edited by billyblaze; 02-29-2016 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 03-09-2016, 02:06 PM   #1098
koko_S14

koko_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Strife View Post
It is insane dude. I mean supply and demand have risen for these cars so I know they are raised in value lately but FL is ridiculous. 4k gets you an unmolested car with rust holes, everything broken, and the title being screwed up; and of course all A/C and cruise components ripped out which completely sucks when 9 months out of the year it's sweltering and I take the expressway or highway everywhere.

1200 was a deal man! Honestly for fun with the car I would try getting involved with a local club (if you can deal with it ) and donating some cash for renting spaces for autoX.

Drift wise I guess you're just gonna be stuck with all those closed-down K-marts that commercial retailers can't sell LOL.
2 drift events in the last two weeks...another one on the 19th anddd another one on the 25th. all in the period of around a month. feel free to enjoy the kmart lots though
koko_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #1099
Mfabsr20

Mfabsr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 Boynton Beach
Mfabsr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:08 AM   #1100
zero_kami

zero_kami is an unknown quantity at this point
Zane
Tallahassee, FL
zero_kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #1101
S-What

S-What is an unknown quantity at this point
S15 Miami any good meets happening soon?
S-What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:12 PM   #1102
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Brandon/Tampa. MNP R33 GT-R
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #1103
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAs13 View Post
Brandon/Tampa. MNP R33 GT-R
Welcome to the state of DERP. Enjoy!
Old 04-16-2016, 07:17 PM   #1104
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Welcome to the state of DERP. Enjoy!

Haha yeah so I've heard. I don't have any complaints as of yet being down here other than not knowing anyone because all the people I work with are weird.
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:53 AM   #1105
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Drift event, May 27th

FRIDAY MAY 27th, 2016

Palm Beach International Raceway

US Drift Circuit Presents "Reverse Entry"

You will Register into the group you will run (25 cap per class)

T = TANDEM You must have run a tandem event with us before and have all the proper safety equipment to run this class. Including Roll cage! email [email protected] for any questions.

A = Advance This class is for experienced drivers only if you do not perform well we can knock you down to group B .IF you stayed in group B last event Register in Group B this event. If you are not sure Please Register in Group B.

B = Beginner This is for new, First Timers and people who still need help. There is NO RIDE-A-LONGS ALLOWED in this group except other drivers.

Tickets:
Spectator/Crew Entry: $20 ($17 with printed $3.00 flyer)
Ride along :$25 (additional)
Car Show Entry: $25
VIP Parking :$25
Drifting:*** PRE-REGISTER $150 http://usdriftcircuit.com/registration/ GATE $200***

Gates Open
Final Registration & Tech Inspection
DRIVERS MEETING
TRACK HOT
LAST DRIVERS MEETING
TRACK COLD

Every driver will have 5(five) 20 min sessions

https://www.facebook.com/events/473602526176922/
^^^^^^^PLEASE JOIN AND SHARE OUR EVENT PAGE!!!^^^^^^^
Did you check the potato fuse located in the front right corner of your gas tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB33 View Post
No i haven't. To be honest i didnt know there was a fuse there. Thats not a fuse for the fuel pump is it?
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #1106
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (29)
Enjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enjuku Racing
Clermont
Ramon
95 S14 SR23
[email protected]

Enjuku Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #1107
Guard1an

Guard1an is an unknown quantity at this point
Mike here in 'ol Jacksonville Fl had...
'91 240SX SE 5spd hatch sold to pay bills
'89 mustang gt 5spd blew up the motor and sold it
still got my '79 Plymouth Volare 408" big block car

eventually gonna get a '95 R33 once they become legal

*EDIT* picked up a '95 240 base model and doing a 5spd swap on it !!!!

Last edited by Guard1an; 07-26-2016 at 09:11 PM..
Guard1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #1108
maces13
Leaky Injector

maces13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in Clearwater. We have a bunch of meets/events within driving distance. Believe it or not clean s chassis actually exist down here contrary to popular belief. Any locals need anything give me a shout
maces13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #1109
swooup

swooup is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in Ocala. We've got a pretty good scene here, and Gainesville / Orlando aren't far.

I've got a 90 Hatch S14 KA, few upgrades, in the process of going turbo.
swooup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:35 AM   #1110
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjuku Racing View Post
Clermont
Ramon
95 S14 SR23
My dude ramon, always hookin me up from enjuku props
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote