Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-25-2018, 07:36 AM   #22411
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Check the cooling section of the fsm, if you need a copy PM me. Bottom is feed and top is return based on that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2018, 10:50 AM   #22412
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Check the cooling section of the fsm, if you need a copy PM me. Bottom is feed and top is return based on that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
By bottom do you mean the fitting in the exhaust side of the block? If so then that’s perfect
Old 12-25-2018, 10:56 AM   #22413
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
By bottom do you mean the fitting in the exhaust side of the block? If so then that’s perfect
Im not very familiar with the KA layout, but from what I understand the radiator inlet/outlet are both on the same side which coincides with the intake side of the motor. Im not sure what is on the exhaust side of the motor.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:36 PM   #22414
MisterDoodle

Trader Rating: (0)
MisterDoodle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What spoiler is this?!

Can someone tell me what spoiler this guy is running on his Silvia? I found it on Instagram and it looks so clean!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 37A385E6-A6D8-4892-90C3-FE8F3CDF8891.jpg (84.2 KB, 17 views)
MisterDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 08:51 AM   #22415
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDoodle View Post
Can someone tell me what spoiler this guy is running on his Silvia? I found it on Instagram and it looks so clean!!!!
No. Burn it with fire! It looks like a Diamond Star or Subie spoiler.

Want a clean spoiler that looks like that? There are two. JDM kouki aftermarket one, and R32/R33.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #22416
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Anyone see a reason to go with one versus the other?

Genuine Bosch 68lb 731cc fuel injectors

VS

DeatschWerks 16U-00-0065-4 65lb/hr

I have the EV14 now in 760cc (really just need > 600cc) but with the radium topfeed rail it's too tall. I need these shorter ones.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:25 PM   #22417
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Does anyone know of the top of their head, how many revolutions does it take until SR timing marks line up with the correct chain links?
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:45 AM   #22418
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
Does anyone know of the top of their head, how many revolutions does it take until SR timing marks line up with the correct chain links?
Isn't it like the rest of the 4 stroke engines that have one full revolution for compression, and one full revolution of exhaust? Two TDC's mean two revolutions. Most guys would just spin the bitch to figure it out in two minutes, and if you have mental issues like me, you time the fucker wrong anyway, and bend half your valves on initial attempt to start.

School out, Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #22419
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
Too many turns, they've only lined up once, when I reinstalled the chain after removing the head. Mainly just count links and mark them with a grease pencil if doing maintenance.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:45 AM   #22420
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Two TDC's mean two revolutions.

Not quite, think about how many links on the chain versus the teeth on each cam sprocket. If the cam sprocket had exactly 1/4 as many teeth as the chain, then it would only take 2 revolutions. Keep in mind the crank sprocket has half as many teeth as the cam sprocket. But each cam gear has some 36 teeth, and the chain has some odd number, 84 or something I don’t recall. Meaning you gotta crank it for a while to get those exact marks the same way.

I read a thread of someone timing their SR saying that each full revolution the engine would line up 1 tooth over each time, which would mean it would take however many links on the chain there are in revolutions to line up again. I’m not sure if I’m mega rarted, but that wasn’t the case for me as I could spin and spin and the motor and every time the links that line up with the cams would come around, the cam markings would be completely off. Either way, I got the car running with that exact timing and it’s getting full compression and running great again.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:52 AM   #22421
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Looking for the part number for two orange seals for sr20det oil. Filter housing. Local Nissan store is no help.
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:26 PM   #22422
91stockcoupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
91stockcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So I just installed pbm subframe risers and a welded diff to my car. I am hearing the normal noises from the solid bushings and the diff but I am hearing a lot of drivetrain noise while shifting gears. Sound a lot like clutch chatter but loud, it will do the sound while the car is off and parked just putting it through the gears. I think it could be the u joint on the driveshaft or the lash from the diff, anyone have any experience like this before?
91stockcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:05 AM   #22423
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91stockcoupe View Post
So I just installed pbm subframe risers and a welded diff to my car. I am hearing the normal noises from the solid bushings and the diff but I am hearing a lot of drivetrain noise while shifting gears. Sound a lot like clutch chatter but loud, it will do the sound while the car is off and parked just putting it through the gears. I think it could be the u joint on the driveshaft or the lash from the diff, anyone have any experience like this before?
Try replacing engine mounts, transmission mounts, driveline bushings and diff bushings to isolate what is wrong. Shitty bushings won't let you do this well
Old 01-01-2019, 09:51 AM   #22424
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Solid mounted subframe makes for noise and if you have an aftermarket clutch you are probably hearing a lot of noise on decel (especially in 4th). This is more or less how it goes.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:13 AM   #22425
91stockcoupe
Leaky Injector

91stockcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Try replacing engine mounts, transmission mounts, driveline bushings and diff bushings to isolate what is wrong. Shitty bushings won't let you do this well
Car has solid motor mounts, poly trans mount and diff bushings are solid, also has a 6 puck clutch, that’s why I’m leaning towards driveshaft or too much play in diff as it only happens when I go in gear and will do it every single time.
91stockcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 12:22 PM   #22426
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91stockcoupe View Post
Car has solid motor mounts, poly trans mount and diff bushings are solid, also has a 6 puck clutch, that’s why I’m leaning towards driveshaft or too much play in diff as it only happens when I go in gear and will do it every single time.
Could also be perfectly normal. The stock rubber bushings insulate a LOT of NVH from the cabin. Start replacing those with solid/stiff mounts and you'll start hearing everything.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:07 PM   #22427
DC240SX

DC240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Alarm WTF

95 240sx s14. Stuck key in driver door unlocked, opened door and alarm started goin off. Tried all the trick I’ve read about online. The valet button wires are cut. The key in ignition then door thing doesn’t work. I need to disable this thing bad. I have the horns unhooked. But lights start blinking. Every time I hook up the battery to try and figure it out.
DC240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:36 PM   #22428
MisterDoodle

Need help asap!

I’m trying to install my air intake but I cannot remove the plug/connector that is attached to the maf flow sensor. I do not see any buttons that allow me to remove the plug. It’s stuck and won’t budge. The plug and maf sensor is oem and it’s from a 93’ 240SX KA24De
Old 01-01-2019, 09:47 PM   #22429
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
There's a metal clip you need to pry off and then the connector will slide right off.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 10:13 PM   #22430
MisterDoodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
There's a metal clip you need to pry off and then the connector will slide right off.
Thanks! I called a friend and was able to figure it out!!!!
Old 01-02-2019, 01:35 AM   #22431
caspa
Leaky Injector

caspa is an unknown quantity at this point
MY s14 makes a weird grinding noise from the front right of the car whenever I make a right turn... any suggestions?
caspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:47 AM   #22432
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Wheel bearing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:20 AM   #22433
MisterDoodle

Hood not closing after installing new short ram air intake

This is my first time installing an air intake myself. And after finally finishing, the hood is just not coming into a full close anymore. Does anyone know what might be the problem? The fitment of my new intake seems to be nicely fitted too.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:57 AM   #22434
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
This is my first time installing an air intake myself. And after finally finishing, the hood is just not coming into a full close anymore. Does anyone know what might be the problem? The fitment of my new intake seems to be nicely fitted too.
Did you leave any tools on the strut tower?
Old 01-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #22435
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
reposting for a fresh set of eyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Anyone see a reason to go with one versus the other?

Genuine Bosch 68lb 731cc fuel injectors

VS

DeatschWerks 16U-00-0065-4 65lb/hr

I have the EV14 now in 760cc (really just need > 600cc) but with the radium topfeed rail it's too tall. I need these shorter ones.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:48 PM   #22436
LeilaS14

LeilaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
KA ka24de wont start

my dumbass didnt see this thread and made a new one. new here. hoping to get some help, heres my problem.

96 s14. After switching out a bad alternator, the car hasn't been wanting to start. Installed new starter due to it dying after it trying to turn over a few times.
Battery charged, spark plugs good, ignition rotor good. It's getting gas... idk what else to check. Am I missing something?
LeilaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #22437
LeilaS14

Quote:
take a pic may just be something youre not catching that we might
Old 01-02-2019, 02:16 PM   #22438
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaS14 View Post
my dumbass didnt see this thread and made a new one. new here. hoping to get some help, heres my problem.

96 s14. After switching out a bad alternator, the car hasn't been wanting to start. Installed new starter due to it dying after it trying to turn over a few times.
Battery charged, spark plugs good, ignition rotor good. It's getting gas... idk what else to check. Am I missing something?

Need a little more info...
When you try to start it is the engine turning over or no response at all?

Both the alternator & starter you replaced are systems related to the battery so I would check the ground from your battery. I know you said your battery is charged but you could still have a bad/loose/corroded ground.
My best guess without seeing and hearing your car trying to start.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:34 PM   #22439
LeilaS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHand View Post
Need a little more info...
When you try to start it is the engine turning over or no response at all?

Both the alternator & starter you replaced are systems related to the battery so I would check the ground from your battery. I know you said your battery is charged but you could still have a bad/loose/corroded ground.
My best guess without seeing and hearing your car trying to start.
yeah engines turns over but thats it, never starts. also cleaned all grounds and positives from any gunk to make sure it was making a connection. not sure what other info to give.. engine just keeps kranking. car started before i switched out the alternator, got it up on ramps, after that it hasnt started.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #22440
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaS14 View Post
yeah engines turns over but thats it, never starts. also cleaned all grounds and positives from any gunk to make sure it was making a connection. not sure what other info to give.. engine just keeps kranking. car started before i switched out the alternator, got it up on ramps, after that it hasnt started.
Sounds like you missed a connection on the alternator. Triple check the connections again and make sure there isn't some stupid little wire tucked out of the way, disconnected.