Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #25621
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
still waiting for paint (money)...
Old 10-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #25622
SlmdCpe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Last edited by SlmdCpe; 10-21-2017 at 10:53 PM..
SlmdCpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:48 PM   #25623
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:47 AM   #25624
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Question for you fellas in here. Is the S14 chassis, or S chassis in general a car you plan to keep around through your life? Or is this a stepping stone to another chassis, or..?

I'm curious of others long term plans are regarding these cars. I've been on the fence for a while now between spending more money than I should to really 'finish' my car (and likely end up keeping it for a loooong time), or if I should take it easy and sell it and my daily to buy a R33 outright in cash in the next few years.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #25625
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ8 944 View Post
Question for you fellas in here. Is the S14 chassis, or S chassis in general a car you plan to keep around through your life? Or is this a stepping stone to another chassis, or..?

I'm curious of others long term plans are regarding these cars. I've been on the fence for a while now between spending more money than I should to really 'finish' my car (and likely end up keeping it for a loooong time), or if I should take it easy and sell it and my daily to buy a R33 outright in cash in the next few years.

For me personally, I’ve had a lot of cars. A few s13’s, g35, sc300, gs300 but having an original Kouki was something I always wanted especially when I was younger and couldn’t afford one here in California. It’s one of my favorite drift cars, well one of my favorite cars in general keep in mind I work on exotics on a daily basis. I just love the car I got rid of my last car for the Kouki because I planned on keeping it, still do. Any reason you want an r33? Just out of curiosity

anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #25626
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:

After having an S13 and selling it when I started having a family, then buying our current S14a when my wife pointed out how much she missed that old car, I plan on keeping our Kouki for a long time. That's why I'm going fairly mild on the mods, to keep the car enjoyable and reliable.

Some guys out there really just enjoy the build process and want to sell their "vision" a year after it's done for something new.

Just depends on what you want.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #25627
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Zero intentions of ever selling my S13 hatch and my S14 Kouki. I have an S15 sitting around and a 260z that needs a full resto, but I doubt I'll hang onto those forever.

I had very specific goals for both S-chassis. It has taken several years to acquire the parts I really wanted, but now that I have 99% of what I'd ever want, it's all coming together. S14 is now at the body shop getting a proper exterior/interior/engine bay paintjob that will last for years to come. The S13 will soon follow.

Fortunately, I have the space for all of my cars at my current house. The next house I buy will have a custom built workshop in the back of the property to be able to store all of the cars indoors.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:21 PM   #25628
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:

I'll never sell mine. My goal for this car has and will always be a fun street car that can handle the occasional track day. Nothing too low, loud, uncomfortable or incomplete/madmax-looking which seems to be the trend nowadays. Eventually, I want to swap an RB26/CD009 with a/c and a half cage while keeping full interior. I have aspirations of owning other cars like Porsches but the s14 will still be around.

I heard R33 GTS-T's just feel like bigger s14's with RB swaps lol just swap an RB25 lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #25629
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_240 View Post
Any reason you want an r33? Just out of curiosity
Well, like the S14 it too is one of my favorite cars. The S14 kouki, the R33 & R34 GTR's have just always been the cars that have done it for me. I can't chalk it up to any one thing, but the want is so real with these cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I heard R33 GTS-T's just feel like bigger s14's with RB swaps lol just swap an RB25 lol
Funny you say that, I've had an RB26 motorset sitting around for 8 years now. I've been collecting parts for it but haven't exactly made strides towards finishing it lately.

I've just been thinking more lately about long term goals, and when it comes to car related things I can't decide what I'd ultimately be happier with. I haven't even had a chance to drive a R chassis IRL yet, I'll likely start there.

Where I'm at with my S14 now, everything left that I want to do is grossly expensive. So if i drop 20k on the S14 now, buying an R33 will likely be wiped off the table. Not to say one day I can't have both, but for now, and at least the next 5-10 years I'll likely only be able to focus on (and financially afford) to go ham in one direction.

Reading others perspectives provides insight to discovering my own. I really appreciate the reponses guys.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #25630
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I bought mine for nostalgia reasons, but it keeps having 20 yr old car problems. I'll tinker with it for a while longer, but I'll eventually sell it and buy something newer. I've been into 240s since 1997, so they'll always have a place in my heart. But I'm getting tired of working on old shit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #25631
Hazard240
Zilvia Member

Hazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymore
http://www.ventadeautos.mx/-1/72_aut...ELECTRICO.html

Anyone down to go to Mexico with me?
Hazard240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #25632
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:48 PM   #25633
SlmdCpe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

SlmdCpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:56 PM   #25634
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
It's not done but it's getting somewhere.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:06 PM   #25635
AREJAY
Leaky Injector

AREJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
thank you for the motivation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 452C0D93-D4C2-4679-AB00-E7179867E6B8.jpeg (49.3 KB, 71 views)
AREJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:05 AM   #25636
Big_MO
Leaky Injector

Big_MO is making a name for him/her selfBig_MO is making a name for him/her self
Big_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:01 PM   #25637
AREJAY
Leaky Injector

Old 11-03-2017, 08:55 AM   #25638
AreOhWhy

AreOhWhy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I've had my S14 for 5 years and it is at a point where I am very happy with it and it's driving well. I know there are way more capable and nicer cars out there but s-chassis is what I'm into at the moment and most likely for a long time. I can see myself owning lots of different newer cars as daily drivers but I only want to build s-chassis when it comes to projects. My next car will be a S15 100% (easier being in Canada) and as long as space permits, I will keep my S14 for as long as possible.

People ask why I still drive such an old car and it's because I truly enjoy it and the raw feel it has. I've tried upgrading to a new FRS but it just doesn't do it for me. Some s-chassis owners trade up immediately the second they drive a FRS. To each his own.
AreOhWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #25639
AREJAY
Leaky Injector

Old 11-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #25640
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Mangled my front bumper a bit so I decided to change up the kit.

40mm extended FLCAs, angle kit, and rear spacers on the way.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:26 AM   #25641
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

koukizhang is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Fuck all that noise. S14 FO LYFE CUHZ.
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:04 PM   #25642
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:05 AM   #25643
240sxRuinedMe

240sxRuinedMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
It's not done but it's getting somewhere.
Dear lord....this is fucken aggressive. Love it!
240sxRuinedMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:18 PM   #25644
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
BEFORE
RAL_9344 by Touge Factory, on Flickr

AFTER
RAL_9750 by Touge Factory, on Flickr

Where them S14 Time attack cars at?!

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:32 AM   #25645
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

CHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura about

CHiNo4ReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #25646
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Idk... $2,200 seems well priced. Tempted to buy just to part-out.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #25647
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Idk... $2,200 seems well priced. Tempted to buy just to part-out.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
What's wrong with it? Why part out

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #25648
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
What's wrong with it? Why part out
Other than being an auto and needs registration/smog... nothing supposedly. I already a running driving, DD s14, and would only like the Dash and door panels. Would sell the rest as-is.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:11 PM   #25649
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_240 View Post

Sup w/ the R34?
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:42 PM   #25650
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie