Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
clicking noises and frequent stalls oh my!

car: 1990 240 hatch, sr20det, s15 t28, dual electric fan kit, fmic, stock injectors, stock air system, newish fuel pump, mishimoto rad.

my car has been running pretty well lately since the install of my kaaz super q 1.5way diff and my s15 turbo but lately there have been some problems. When i start the car my oil light stays on for like 30 seconds to a minute or 2, while the oil lights on the engine rattles and makes clicking noises from the crank case. i check my oil and coolant very frequently. sometimes the clicking will start when im driving and it can be heard above the electric fans and the engine. when i come up to stop lights the rpm meter bounces off the bottom in between 0 and 500rpms until i reach a complete stop and then i goes back to 900-1200rpms. if i am not careful to keep the rpms above 0 the car stalls. last time i went on the highway was to pick up my 1.5way diff, i had a welded on installed at the time. when i got home after 20min on the highway my coolant was boiling and my engine was making whistling noises.

any insight into my cars habits? i am by no means a mechanic, all the stuff ive installed is well installed but not a professional job.

thanks.
.jrmyrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice
help please?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

bump
Old 07-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
seRu13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
seRu13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
buy a new long block, your engine is toast, if it's been running it with no oil pressure theres a good chance it's rod knock, internal engine sounds are never a good sign
seRu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

well that sounds shitty. I was thinking of getting a new oil pump, hopefully its not too late. man i hope your wrong, i just got my car all fixed up.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Hmm well as far as the boiling is concerned, you need to let all the air bubbles out of your cooling system.

Now as for your engine, your best option right now is to take off your oil pan and look for any metal shavings, pieces etc etc.

Im not really familiar with turbos or SRs for that matter, but did you get your car tuned after the new turbo?

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
s13coupe1988
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
s13coupe1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Same thing happened to me, once your oil light comes on that pretty much means your sr is on the edge, drain your oil and you are going to see brass shavings, 1. Never run an sr with a dented oil pan that is very important, cooling is very important specially when running a bigger turbo so buy a new long block and do it again trust me i learned the hard way
s13coupe1988 is offline   Reply With Quote