Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #1591
andrew600
ill tongue punch her fart box

Trader Rating: (12)
andrew600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
JIZZ DROOL. more jizz, then some more drool. mixed with a little more jizz drool.

amazing car. im at work right now, and instead of doing work for the past two hours ive been reading your buildthread.
andrew600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #1592
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze

A friend is picking it up- sorry!

Indeed
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #1593
jing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
jing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I'll have to decide when I remove them and post them up for sale- not quite sure yet.
I call dibs in the mean time!
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #1594
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew600 View Post
JIZZ DROOL. more jizz, then some more drool. mixed with a little more jizz drool.

amazing car. im at work right now, and instead of doing work for the past two hours ive been reading your buildthread.
lolol thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
I call dibs in the mean time!
haha works for me! I'll probably install the Cusco stuff in late July after Import Alliance.

So I actually had some issues with the car this weekend. I blew the ignition switch fuse over some rough bumps about two miles down from the local Cars & Coffee meet. I replaced it with the fuse from the power windows (same style 30A fuse) and the car seemed good. We made it down to the meet and I thought that we were in OK shape.

When we left to head home, the car started bucking and running really poorly about 500ft from the driveway of the meet. It shut off and the fuse had blown a second time. A friend was nice enough to run to Autozone and grab a few fuses for me so that we could try to make it to a friend's house about 4 miles away, but we blew the last fuse we had about a mile away from his place.

I ended up forking over the cash to get it towed about 60 miles home. Thankfully, the tow truck driver was an amazing dude and got the car on the flatbed without a single scrape. There was only room for one of us in the tow truck and the passenger window was stuck up, so my neighbor that came to the meet with me and I had to ride home in the 240 up on the flat bed, LOL. It was interesting for sure- on top of it being 97 degrees out.

I took the lip off while we waited to make the tow a little easier:

Riding in the car up the flatbed, lolol:

Leady to lock:

I tore into the car that night and found water in the wiring harness shielding and three power wires that had rubbed through their insulation- I assume these were hitting the chassis metal over bumps and causing the short. Sick of dealing with these issues from my hacked up fusebox relocation, I wrapped everything up and moved the fuse boxes back into the engine bay. It looks really nasty, but at least they will be safe from water there and I won't have to worry about wires wearing through and shorting out anymore (I hope.) I'll probably do a real tuck on them this winter and relocate them to somewhere behind the dash.

For now, it is about function over form. I need the car to be reliable for our trip to Import Alliance a week from tomorrow. After I moved the fuse boxes back, I reinstalled the fenders/bumper/lip/hood and fender liners. I have been driving the car to and from work again and the issues seems to be corrected. I'll put as many miles on it as I can before the trip to make sure everything is solid.

Damon

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-31-2017 at 07:55 AM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #1595
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
so that's why the car was on a trailer, sucks to hear about the wiring issue but i'm glad you resolved it. That's the same reason i had to put my box back in the bay as well.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #1596
Kr240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Kr240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For all the guys hating on your "driving" they can suck it!

Some people invest a lot of money into their cars to make exactly what they envisioned and wanted. Once the finished product is done these people like to maintain and keep their prized possession in clean and wonderful shape instead of sliding it everywhere and fucking it all up.

Dont get me wrong s13's make for sick drifters but not everyone has to make theirs slide all over the planet. I for one like keeping mine clean and just having a nice street car that occasionally will spin the tires in the right circumstances.

Damon I appreciated the video a lot! Even though you didn't drift all the way up the ramp
Kr240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #1597
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Can't wait to see this thing at IA. I hope you get it fixed, man!
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #1598
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
^ I got it all back together and fixed up last Monday. The car hasn't missed a beat since! See you at IA this weekend! 8)

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #1599
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Any pics from IA Damon?
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #1600
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Trevor View Post
Any pics from IA Damon?
I've been doing a series of posts about our trip down there on my blog with pics over the past couple of days:

Damon's 240SX | The build that never ends…

Here are a few shots I took:

It's been pretty crazy to see how many pictures of our cars have been popping up all over the place. Here are a few that other people have taken:

Canibeat:

The Chronicles did an awesome writeup about Kyle, Jason and I's cars as well, which was pretty cool!

Import Alliance 2011 Coverage…Part 6… « The Chronicles…ver.3 – A Honda Dedicated Blog/E'Publication

There are quite a few more cool shots floating around, but I don't want to blow it up anymore in here. Maybe I will add some more from the trip in a few days, haha.

The car was amazing on the whole trip though and didn't have a single issue. With my wife and I's trip out to the smokies on the east side of the state for our anniversary after Import Alliance, we put about 1,800 miles on it. It was pretty cool driving it up in the mountains and whatnot- I'll post an update on the actual car and the rest of the trip later this week.

IA gave me some ideas for the engine bay this winter...

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-31-2017 at 08:02 AM..
Old 07-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #1601
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I'm amazed how clean that whole thing is.

i tip my hat
Old 07-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #1602
Kwolfe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kwolfe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You sir, are an inspiration.
Kwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #1603
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
was that in Tennessee?
i was drifting,...i must have missed you.........cuz im sure i would have noticed your car....lol
Old 07-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #1604
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember seeing a white S13.5 on the track. On Z wheels right?
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #1605
sex14
Zilvia Member

sex14 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, just spent an hour and a half scrolling through this build thread. quality shit here.
sex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #1606
taran!
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
taran! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have watched your build from the beginning at nico to what it is now here on zilvia! By far my favorite hatch ever, great build and cant wait for what comes next!
taran! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #1607
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post
was that in Tennessee?
i was drifting,...i must have missed you.........cuz im sure i would have noticed your car....lol
Yep! Kyle and I were down at IA both days.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys, I really appreciate it.

Now how about I actually do something with the car? lol... My DCC unit showed up from my good friend Matt in Japan yesterday (thanks again, man!) It's for sure one of the cleaner ones I have ever seen, so I am pretty happy about that! I haven't had a chance to read a writeup yet on installation, but I believe all of the necessary wiring and sensors should be here.

I was too anxious to see how it looked, so I decided to install it BH style for now. I am enjoying driving the car every day too much right now to have any down time if I can help it, so I will probably leave it as-is until I tear into the car this winter.

Speaking of this winter, I now have pretty much everything for the other portion of the project now- my air conditioning setup. I found a diagram and laid out all of the lines & components last night to make sure I had everything. Aside from a couple miscellaneous hardware pieces, I think I have a complete system ready to go in. My CodyAce bracket kit showed up last week, so everything should be all set. I am planning to install this stuff and hook the DCC up correctly this winter. The GReddy radiator will go in this winter as well...

So yeah, I am looking forward to working on it a bit more in a couple of months. Import Alliance inspired me to try to clean up my engine bay a bit more. I am considering some changes in there, but we'll see what happens. I'll keep the thread updated as I make changes!

Damon

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #1608
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
I remember seeing a white S13.5 on the track. On Z wheels right?
yezzir!
me koopa (pink s14) aled (1jz green s14 ) n2hifi (grey hatch) all came out from STL

...but again,.. sux i missed ur car damon...lol
Old 07-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #1609
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I'm bummed too! Would have been cool to have met you guys. I saw Koopa in the pits but he looked busy at the time, lol. Props to you guys for making the trek down there and actually drifting, unlike me! haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #1610
Mesarina
Zilvia Member

Mesarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry if it has been asked before, where can I get this diagonal bar? not cusco necessarly

Mesarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #1611
nathanong87
Post Whore!

nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
From cusco
Old 08-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #1612
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ lol. I got mine used on the forum, but any Cusco distributor can get them. I am pretty sure RHD Japan sells them as well.

I haven't done much work to the car at all lately- just regular washes and drives to and from work every day. It was a year ago yesterday since I first drove the car to work after getting it all back together and tuned, so that's a pretty cool milestone. I am glad I got to enjoy the car all spring/summer this year instead of only at the tail end of the season like last year.

I thought it might be cool to post some cellphone shots from that day a year ago, and some from this morning to show the progression of the car a little bit:

Today:

You can also see the progression of my cell phone, lol.

Wekfest is a week from Saturday, so I'll be spending that weekend in Chicago. If you're at the show, stop by and say hi!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-31-2017 at 08:02 AM..
Old 08-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #1613
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

You can also see the progression of my cell phone, lol.

HAHA It makes the photo more "era specific"

It's looking great!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #1614
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
would have been cooler if you emailed them to yourself, uploaded to photobucket, saved them for web in low quality, printed it out, scanned it, then re-uploaded to flickr.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #1615
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Just finished wiring up BH's old one in my car
Old 08-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #1616
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
hahah I see the ENDLESS sticker.

too funny!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #1617
kraven9
Zilvia Member

kraven9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome pics man.
kraven9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #1618
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
Just finished wiring up BH's old one in my car
DOES IT WORK?
Quote:
Wekfest is a week from Saturday, so I'll be spending that weekend in Chicago. If you're at the show, stop by and say hi!
i have to fucking go to kentucky... sooooooooooooooooo bummed out
Old 08-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #1619
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Man, wiring the BH DCC is almost sacrilegious. lol.

Well, I jinxed it. lol.

I lost fifth gear on the way home yesterday. An old guy in front of me slowed down to 20 MPH exiting the freeway, so when I cleared him I wound out second gear and shifted into what I thought was third gear. The engine just free reved- turns out I had shifted into and busted fifth gear, lol. My transmission has been grinding into 5th ever since I bought the car, but has recently gotten a bit worse. I guess that hard shift was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Broken transmission? Huge lens flare should fix that right up...

Thankfully, my buddy Mike has a spare SR trans that he is going to hook me up with on the cheap. I'll be out of town all weekend, but I was able to make progress on it in the limited time I had last night. I need to remove the four top bellhousing bolts and then I should be able to drop the transmission. Then it's just a matter of tossing the new one in. I'm hoping to have this all taken care of by Wednesday of next week at the latest so that I can test drive it for a couple days before Wekfest.

For now, I'm rolling in the beast:

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #1620
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
what a beast!!!! sucks about tranny...
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote