Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #391
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Great attention to detail my man!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #392
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
^ Thanks

I don't have any pics at the moment, but here is the progress recently:

-Wired gauges and ran wiring for sensors
-Routed wiring and mounted Power FC
-Finished interior assembly
-Installed catch can
-Installed clutch fan & shroud
-Installed radiator feet/brackets/hoses/radiator
-Wired Z32 MAF
-Dropped driveshaft
-Tucked wiring away from tire (passenger side)

Currently waiting on:

-Adapter to install AEM oil pressure sender
-Correct Deatschwerks injector clips to finish main harness installation
-Driveshaft Shop one piece steel drive shaft
-Hot pipe & having the HKS flange welded on to it

I've gotta say thanks to Russell for overnighting me stuff and Chris at Deatschwerks for helping me out with the injector clips! Getting very, very close to running after these things are here and installed. I just have miscellaneous wiring and lines to finish up. It shouldn't be long now!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:47 AM   #393
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
180sx

Hey Damon. Don't be tempting us like that. It's funny how excited I get when I see a new post on your thread. I always look forward to seeing cool pictures of your 180sx. It looks very nice.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #394
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
So... I have been meaning to update this!

Everything is installed in the bay for the car to run except for the intake/maf/filter, intercooler piping, bov, boost controller, fluids, and a couple of vacuum lines. The ground for the battery will not stay there, I was just checking to see if the car had power or not.

I got my steel one-piece driveshaft from ZeroLift yesterday and tossed that on- very nice piece!

The interior is all back together, I'm just in the process of soldering the power and ground for the gauges- then it will be all set.

So yeah- I am going to pick up some odds and ends tonight. T-bolt clamps for all of the intake and intercooler piping are on the way. It should HOPEFULLY fire up early next week after my BOV flange is welded!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 12:45 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #395
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I just wanna take a road trip to Michigan to rob you of your Type G stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #396
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Attention to detail is top notch.

Damn you for actually making progress on your car.

Haha.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #397
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
its like everything i dream of!....lol

awesome work man!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #398
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

haha, thanks dudes. Scrambling to sell stuff to get Soap's Miracle X Brace... want it so bad!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #399
Drama
Zilvia Junkie

Drama is an unknown quantity at this point
this build is awesome. Props to you sir. Can't wait to see it run.
Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #400
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
haha, thanks dudes. Scrambling to sell stuff to get Soap's Miracle X Brace... want it so bad!
Ohhhh those are so nice! I hope it works out for ya and you can pick it up!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:01 AM   #401
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ me too! ^.^

So last night I made a bracket for my throttle cable, wired my front turn signals (I have never had turn signals before that actually work! haha), finished wiring my gauges, and trimmed the front bumper a little more to clear the intercooler. I hooked some jumper cables up to the car from my Camry to see if things seemed to be working ok, since my slim battery has been sitting all winter and just sucks in general. To my delight, the fuel pump primed, the lights turned on, and the gauges/Power FC came to life. So stoked!

I need to do a DCC unit sometime soon...

T-bolt clamps come on Tuesday- hoping to fire it up by Thursday!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Old 07-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #402
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Very simple and uncluttered, one of the best builds on here.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #403
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Oh man cant wait, you should post a vid of some action lol
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #404
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
im just wondering how are you buying all these pricey parts??what do you do for a living? if you dont mind
Old 07-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #405
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks guys! I will try to post some vids when the car is running.

I'm a graphic designer, nothing crazy haha. I was just very fortunate to find an awesome job right out of college. I hunt for deals a lot as well- spend a lot of time on the forums, haha. This car is the result of nearly two years of building though, so stuff has come and gone over time. The insurance money and money from the parts on my Solara helped a lot to get this build going as well!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #406
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
that explains it what company are you working for? Im working on my Computer networking degree hopefully ill find a nice job after school too
Old 07-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #407
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Also cost of living in michigan was not anywhere near as expensive like NY or Cali. My aunt lives there and she bought a house in southfield for 25k, pretty much the cost of a new wrx lol. Detroit races are pretty sick tho lucky to have so many open roads.

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 07-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #408
yellowxhoodie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
yellowxhoodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
im sure it was already brought up but where did you get the center vent pod from?
yellowxhoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #409
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
It's the same bar you can buy anywhere else that sells honda shit from miracle. The pick up points are exactly the same for an acura integra.

the more you know.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #410
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^Wow, really? That's crazy... never would have guessed that the dimensions would all be the same. That's weird.

The center vent pod was from eBay- I just modified it a bit to fit the angle rings and sprayed it with textured black paint.

lazysk8er2, you're right- the cost of living is for sure lower here. I wish my house was that cheap though, haha. And yeah, gotta love the open roads here- that's one thing I couldn't live without!

airhead- I work for a small company that is owned by Johnson & Johnson, so the benefits are pretty nice.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #411
Idk...Cameron

Trader Rating: (0)
Idk...Cameron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn man. Awesome build, just read through the whole thing and can't wait for more.
Idk...Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #412
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
^Wow, really? That's crazy... never would have guessed that the dimensions would all be the same.
I personally wouldn't waste the money on it, not hating on soaps parts, but it's useless jdm crap. if you want a stabilizer in the back of your car get a gtspec brace and call it a day, probably worlds lighter and wont obstruct your vision as much.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 AM   #413
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Yeah, that's really the only reason I want it to be honest- not going to lie, haha. I just think it looks classy/legit- we'll see.

I got my hot pipe over the weekend- having the flange welded after work today. My Braille battery should be here today as well, so I'll get that installed. Tomorrow my t-bolt clamps will be here, so I'll get all of the piping/intake in and hopefully enter my base map. Then it's just filling the fluids and giving it a shot...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #414
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

It's alive!!

My buddy Tim came out last night and we got the car running. It took a few cranks to get it to fire, but it did start up and idle for a few minutes! No leaks that I have seen thus far, just some lifter tick. The place that did the head said that they bled the lifters, but I should have done it again myself to be completely sure. I have to pull the cams to re-torque the head studs after about 200 miles anyway, so I will bleed them then.

I still need to connect the BOV hoses, PCV valve, and boost controller- but after that, all of the vac lines should be done and I can let the car idle for a while to let the Power FC. We started and ran the car with Tim's hands over the open vacuum ports. lol

So anyway, I didn't have much time after we got it fired up. I did select the correct MAF and put my injector values in, so it should run and idle a little better when I start it next, but it didn't run rough or anything either when it fired up last night. I fixed a bad headlight harness and got the light back in, then bolted down the bumper and the bumper extensions. The lip isn't installed completely, it is just sitting there- so I need to do that and put the side skirt extensions on, and then the exterior will be set! Here's one more with the lights on- my wife had the camera today, so I just grabbed these pics on my way out this morning:

This weekend is my wife and I's first wedding anniversary, so I won't be touching the car until Sunday or Monday. As soon as the car has idled for a while and everything seems good, I'll pull it out of the garage for a bath and a coat of wax- and take some pics.

I'M STOKED!!!! Big thanks to Tim for driving all the way out to my place to help me fire it up!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:27 PM..
Old 07-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #415
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thats awesome...congrats on the one year.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #416
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Glad to hear this thing is alive & well man.
Congrats on the first year of marriage bro.
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #417
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
bllabong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yes, congrats on your anniversary. You better get a video of a walk-around including inside, wheel wells, engine bay...every aspect of the car basically and a video of you driving that bitch when you get it all squared up. I am jealous of you sir.lol
bllabong89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #418
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Congrats on the car and anniversary man. Glad you finally got that sexy thing running
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #419
RussellM
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (57)
RussellM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 57 reviews
I was meaning to snag your phone number before I left the office yesterday so I could make you call me when you fired it up. haha.

Congrats on getting it to the final stage and best of luck wrapping it up fully. You sir are an inspiration to a ton of people. Ive heard it from several of my new customers.

Looks like you can make it out here by August 14th. haha

888-673-4063
RussellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #420
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
congrats on getting it fired up man, can't wait to see it out and about in pictures
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote