Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #3091
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
haha I guess not.. huh
Old 12-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #3092
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sweet TYC's!

You should let that guy from Mythbusters build your car.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #3093
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
haha dude all RED interior is a must jk nice man looking good!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #3094
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
you bought a red camry with a magnaflow exhaust? i like the rear lights better on your car, that shit is hoooootttt

hey, what happened to the sonic the hedgehog vortex inducer thingies? you need those. get that shit.

ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #3095
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you bought a red camry with a magnaflow exhaust? i like the rear lights better on your car, that shit is hoooootttt

hey, what happened to the sonic the hedgehog vortex inducer thingies? you need those. get that shit.

[img][/img]
I just like that that image is from a site called SPOILER-TOWN-USA.COM. lol. My car is an VIII, so it didn't come with the hedgehog things. Sorry man.

I was actually able to spend some time with the car this weekend, so that was a lot of fun. Here's what I was able to take care of:

Remove gauges, install new column cover
Install center console, MR shift bezel, MR shift boot
Fix heater control gears/cable
Remove window tint
Paint hood vent black

I'm enjoying the car a lot more now that the interior is more put together. The gauges and window tint were driving me crazy. I'm still waiting on my ash try to show up- it took me a while to track down a decent one for some odd reason, but it should be here this week. Excited to not have a gaping hole there in the center console, haha.

I had to modify the center console to allow the MR shifter trim panel to work, which I wasn't aware of. It wasn't too big of an issue, though. Waiting on a couple more little things to arrive this week, then hopefully ordering my exhaust.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #3096
Chester Rumble

Chester Rumble is an unknown quantity at this point
It better be a god damn Buddy Club Spec 2!
Chester Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #3097
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Rumble View Post
It better be a god damn Buddy Club Spec 2!
I looked into it, but sadly they don't offer one for the Evo.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #3098
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
About that buddy club exhaust.............
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #3099
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
then hopefully ordering my exhaust.
Tomei said hello...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #3100
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Tomei said hello...
oh yes....Greddy Ti-C is nice too.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #3101
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

haha TOMEI OR DIE!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #3102
Chester Rumble

Chester Rumble is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I looked into it, but sadly they don't offer one for the Evo.
What exhaust is Brad running on his then? For some reason I was 100% positive that he had a BC2 because its just that loud.
Chester Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #3103
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
those lights........... are SO chrome

did you notice how much taller this car is than the 240? you can actually sit in it with ease.
this is how i felt after sitting in my customers FD, its significantly smaller and lower than a 240, which is significantly smaller and lower than your camryevo

you need vortex inducers, they improve performance.... on planes. no joke, its science.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #3104
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Vortex generators would actually help since his rear windshield is > 30 degrees. That thing looks like its at a 45 degree angle haha, good ole box cars.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #3105
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

My genuine Evo VII tails showed up yesterday. I think the car looks a ton better now. Glad the stock tail lights and knock-offs are gone, haha.

Other various impulse buys arriving soon. The guy buying my SR20 drivetrain had to postpone until next week, which pushes back ordering my exhaust as well. Hoping to finally get it ordered up next week.

In the mean time, I'll try to wash this thing.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #3106
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Glad they arrived, they look great on a RR evo!
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #3107
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
clean, I wish it was summer so you could buff the whole car
Old 12-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #3108
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Nice 'backup' car. They are addicting to say the least, so cheap/easy to mod!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #3109
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

nice nice man
Old 12-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #3110
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Not a lot to report here- just waiting for snow! I saw that FR Sport was running an awesome sale on Nardi wheels last week, so I couldn't resist picking this up:

I'll have to wait until I get the hub to install it, but it should be pretty nice! Had the same wheel (330mm deep corn) in my S13 for a few years and really liked it.

A friend of mine found this brand new ARC coil cover collecting dust and hooked me up- very cool! I'll be powdercoating my valve cover to go along with it, but I haven't decided on a color yet.

I ordered my new exhaust setup yesterday, so I hope that will be here next week. I'll be selling my Megan turbo elbow, AMS downpipe, AMS resonated test pipe, and Megan catback when they are removed as a cheap complete exhaust package. Can't wait to get the new system on the car...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #3111
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Always making us wait to hear what you bought huh?
Old 12-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #3112
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
What type of hub are you going to run? < has a brand new NRG for ya....

Also super jealous of the ARC coil cover, I was trying to find one for a decent price for a while for mine..
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #3113
JDMfrank

JDMfrank is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking good man, In for more update's
JDMfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #3114
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

looking good dude looking good!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #3115
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks fellas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Always making us wait to hear what you bought huh?
I just assume that no one here cares since it isn't slammed or a drift car, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
What type of hub are you going to run? < has a brand new NRG for ya....

Also super jealous of the ARC coil cover, I was trying to find one for a decent price for a while for mine..
Hey I appreciate it man! I'm actually planning to order a Works Bell Splash hub like I had on the 240.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #3116
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Damon, what the hell man, it's been 9 days! and no updates ): I think me and zilvia are waiting for something exciting and very cool. So get some snow boots on and get us some pics! Happy holidays btw!
CleanAndLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #3117
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

So where are the drool worthy pics?!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #3118
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Things got a little hectic for the holidays, but I can finally get a little caught up here! My wife and in-laws got me a couple of goodies for the car for Christmas:

Tomei oil cap, Tomei shift knob, Cusco spin-turn knob, and Perrin antenna. Pretty cool little goodies! I installed the antenna and shift knob, but I haven't gotten to the other stuff yet.

The day after Christmas, my new exhaust setup arrived from Vivid Racing. I went with the Tomei turbo elbow, downpipe, titanium test pipe, and titanium catback fro the JDM IX rear bumper. I need to order a gasket for the turbo manifold and then I will be able to install the setup when I get some free time.

Somehow, I ended up with all three different ARC coil pack covers. Don't ask me how, lol. There might be some other ARC goodies on the way soon by the sounds of it...

I got my first chance to drive the car in some decent snow and really enjoyed it. Crazy how these cars handle the winter weather with a set of snow tires on them. Lots of fun.

Next priorities- installing the new exhaust setup and getting the JDM IX rear bumper here and painted.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #3119
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
My favorite build thread of all time!
JIMB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #3120
Twinkies!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Twinkies! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
loving the evo build
Twinkies! is offline   Reply With Quote