Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (81)
Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
ORC 409 Super Single...What Sleeve/Carrier???

Ok, so I picked up this used ORC 409 Super single clutch. Also came with new unsprung clutch disk and intermediate plate. I resurfaced the flywheel, and got a TOB to match (67.1mm). I am stuck because I am not sure what carrier/sleeve to use. I have searched google and zilvia and some people say you can use the stock one and others say you MUST use the ORC one. I do not want to try installing it and come to find out the stock one won't work. I would have a guy call Ogura Racing directly, but they are closed for the New Year Holiday (2 weeks). I hear that you can use the Nissan sleeve part # 30501-N1600. Me and another guy who owns a local shop in Okinawa looked through the ORC catalog and cannot determine which one we need. Can anyone that has used this clutch verify?
Luvs2slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I used the stock nissan part, however I have the ORC-409D if that makes a difference, GREAT clutch btw.
s15specR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have posted the part numbers before, its the same as exedy super single..
search in my previous posts...........

I have bought these parts over 50 times now..... as most twin and single's from japan dont come with it
you can't use stock part # ones.... its a special part #
like i said, check my posts..

You need... differnt bearing (differnt taper on the bearing) and differnt bearing carrier ( shorter one)
Old 01-02-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Well, stock one worked, just change the TOB on it to the shorter one.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:26 AM   #5
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Hell yes people/. Stock one works so far...
Old 01-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
^ great, like I said, had mines for a year now and no problems on stock
s15specR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
so you can use OEM?

Quote:
you can get the TOB and sleeve from nissan.

*The release bearing outer diameter is 67,1mm.
*And, this release bearing is also the original of NISSAN.
*NISSAN original parts number is "30502-14601".
Therefore, You can also buy it from NISSAN.

And then, the sleeve bearing is only assembly in ORC.
The sleeve bearing assembly type of ORC is B type.
*You are not able to buy the individual of sleeve bearing from ORC.
*However, this sleeve bearing is also the original of NISSAN.
*NISSAN original parts number is "30501-N1600".
Therefore, You can also buy it from NISSAN.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #8
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Yea, I used the stock SR20det one. No problems.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Sorry to bump an old thread, but here are the NEW part numbers for the OEM parts needed to run the ORC 409.

release sleeve=
30501-N1600, replaced by 30501-1C104

release bearing remains the NISSAN original parts number 30502-14601

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 04-01-2014 at 07:37 PM..
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #10
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Good stuff. I refer people to this thread all the time.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #11
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
fitted with the appropriate carrier and bearing, the pedal effort is very tolerable. if you've driven an upgraded clutch, you can drive this easily.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:02 PM   #12
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thanks for updating with the new info! Just got my 409D in.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:20 PM   #13
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
you may use the stock one for Single plate clutches, at least for ORC 409D. When there are two plates or more you must use an after market throw out bearing. The reason is that the multiple disks makes the overall height of the clutch too large for a stock TOB to work. The ORC TOB from what I understand is a slim version of the OEM TOB.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:02 AM   #14
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Now if only I could find the friction plate thicknesses and someone that knows how to resurface the flywheel lol
Old 02-01-2014, 03:43 AM   #15
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Slap it on and see if it slips...Beats the hell out of buying a brand new 409D for over $800. As far as the flywheel, just take the cage off and resurface it just like any other fw.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #16
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Slap it on and see if it slips...Beats the hell out of buying a brand new 409D for over $800. As far as the flywheel, just take the cage off and resurface it just like any other fw.

Only thing I wasn't sure of was if the posts just come out of the flywheel and press back in.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #17
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Now if only I could find the friction plate thicknesses and someone that knows how to resurface the flywheel lol
clutch disk should be 5mm i believe. iirc my 509 was at ~3.7mm and it still holds well. i'll find out in a week if it will take clutch kicking abuse lol.

Since we're on the topic. Has anyone bought an overhaul kit for a 409D? Doesn't the overhaul kit not work as well as a new kit since there is no new flywheel? I only see a new pressure plate and clutch disk so wouldn't it slip with an old used flywheel?
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #18
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Only thing I wasn't sure of was if the posts just come out of the flywheel and press back in.
No, it should be bolted to the flywheel. The bolts should be under the flywheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
clutch disk should be 5mm i believe. iirc my 509 was at ~3.7mm and it still holds well. i'll find out in a week if it will take clutch kicking abuse lol.

Since we're on the topic. Has anyone bought an overhaul kit for a 409D? Doesn't the overhaul kit not work as well as a new kit since there is no new flywheel? I only see a new pressure plate and clutch disk so wouldn't it slip with an old used flywheel?
I've rebuilt my OS Giken TS2B, it came with new pressure plate (not the cover), intermediate plate, new hardware (bolts, washers) for the pressure plate cover and new plates. I resurfaced the flywheel when I slapped it back into my SR. Ran that for about a year and a half, traded the flywheel for an RB one. Resurfaced that one too, and now running the same clutch with the RB flywheel on my current RB25. No issues still. I got a spare TS2B clutch that I'm gonna use with a rebuild kit when this one starts slipping.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #19
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
No, it should be bolted to the flywheel. The bolts should be under the flywheel.

Haha god I feel stupid you're right. So yeah if you take them off and resurface the whole thing you will still have the same standoff height, so the rebuild with new plate and pressure plate would work just as good as a brand new one would. Awesome!
Old 01-06-2017, 07:44 AM   #20
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post

For the record, I did buy a overhaul kit before. This was back a couple years but it came with new intermediate plate, clutch disk, and bolts. You definitely want to get the flywheel resurface as flat as you can without removing too much material. I had mine redone at a machine shop while I was in Okinawa. Nowadays if you get a used single-plate clutch, just run it as is because everything is already worn together (kinda like brake pads/rotors). I just bought a Used Uras Super Single (which was made by ORC factory/same configuration) and measured the disc at about 4.5mm. I wanted to rebuild it but why spend the extra loot when it's probably GTG. We'll see here soon lol.