Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vipergtsr1000hp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
18 Wheeler Tire Hit My Car

So long story short, a 18 wheeler tire blew out and hit my car, damaging the front bumper, fender, tow hook/slight frame damage if any, and splash shields/fender cover. I followed the guy and got a police report with the guy's trucking insurance. After a couple of weeks, the insurance company states they are not responsible for the tire blow out because the driver did a pre-trip inspection and says the tires were good and there was no sign that it was going to blow. They also state they are not responsible for something in the roadway that causes the tire to blow. I'm like wtf the tire beside the blown tire has like no thread on the outsides and the remaining thread on the blown tire is bald. You can clearly see in the pics. I tell them this may because of improper recapped/rethreaded tires or that the driver just didn't really inspect the tires. They reply back that the tire are DOT legal. I reply back saying wtf does that has to do with the bald/questionable tires. They reply back with, "Our appraiser said the tread looked fine and legal for the road. When the driver inspects the tire they make sure the tread is good and if there are any defects. Since the tread was fine and no defects then our insureds are not responsible for any blows." Now I don't even know wtf to do. I know a friend who is an lawyer and deals with mostly automotive collisions and say I should bring this to a small court case. He says I should get the money from the insurance if I state my reasons and show the evidence. Tell my what you guys think after looking at these pictures of the tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170410_161739-min.jpg (515.9 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 20170410_161730-min.jpg (506.9 KB, 103 views)
vipergtsr1000hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links