Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
S13 overheating problem

Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe Auto.

Car over heated about a week ago, And i brought the car to my buddies place to put a new thermostat in it. Well that DIDN'T solve the problem.
So i put in the a new radiator and dual electric fans that i got for when i do the swap. I wired the fans to the stock harness (to turn on when the stockers do) I also filled it up with 50/50 mix coolant. (NO WATER, the car was runnning mostly water before) Turn the car on and let it run for a while (30min) then it started over heating again! WTF! so i checked for any leaks and i fixed the one hose that had a slight leak. Checked it again and the car was fine. I left the car like that then tonight i was driving it home and noticed it started overheating again.
What do you think the problem is? Coolant temp sensor? Something wrong with when the fan turns on? Headgasket? what?
When i put the heat on full blast the car cools right back down, Then once i turn the heat off it stays fine for a while then slowly starts to climb again.
Any thoughts?
Cliffnotes: OVERHEATING KA24DE, NEW THERMOSTAT,RADIATOR,DUAL E-FANS,NO VISUAL LEAKS,NEW COOLANT OVERFLOW TANK, STILL OVER HEATS.
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #2
tommyboi

Trader Rating: (5)
tommyboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
did you air bleed the coolant system?
tommyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:41 AM   #3
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
yessur. i've done it a few times for quite a while too, the car seems to run cooler the faster you go 35+MPH
Old 09-19-2008, 02:07 AM   #4
LayNLow
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
LayNLow is making a name for him/her selfLayNLow is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Checked/replaced the waterpump?
LayNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

replaced a year ago almost to the day, i'd have a heard time believing it went out already but i'ma look into it.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
s13boy89
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
s13boy89 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13boy89
run no thermo then
s13boy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13boy89 View Post
run no thermo then
Just did that, and that helped, so i went and got another new thermo.

cars fixed.