Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #3421
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITCH View Post
Do they make a replica or a more price friendly version of the cwest lip spoiler?
They sure don't I got it from a friend in the uk same with the valance And on the other hand the kouki wing is nice but every fan boy has a fake one on there car and my whole car is going to be something like most haven't seen as in edm with everything working headlight leveler and everything all I need is the rear window wiper window j have everything but that being shipped
95_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #3422
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_S14 View Post
And on the other hand the kouki wing is nice but every fan boy has a fake one on there car
w00t! Mines legit! That means im not a fAnBoi!
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #3423
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240drifter1 View Post
lol, at the fan-boi part......
being a "real enthusiast" has nothing to do with making sure you buy only authentic parts...dont get that kinda argument started in this thread...
the effect is the same weather the item is authentic or not. especially if it's for looks...
I had almost $35k spent on my last car in body work and engine /suspension parts, and when i came upon the opportunity to get an imitation kouki wing from a friend for $20, I freaking jumped on it...
nothing wrong with saving money.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #3424
tqstarburst
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
tqstarburst is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ What he said.
tqstarburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #3425
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
lol, at the fan-boi part......
being a "real enthusiast" has nothing to do with making sure you buy only authentic parts...dont get that kinda argument started in this thread...
the effect is the same weather the item is authentic or not. especially if it's for looks...
I had almost $35k spent on my last car in body work and engine /suspension parts, and when i came upon the opportunity to get an imitation kouki wing from a friend for $20, I freaking jumped on it...
nothing wrong with saving money.
What I said was sarcastic, but most people dont pick sarcasm up over the internet to well. But I didnt pay much more then that for my wing. And its real. But I dont see a problem at all for buying "knockoff" parts for the exterior, whatever saves money.
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #3426
whitenoise
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
whitenoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whitenoise
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
kouki wing still #1 in my heart
im with u on this one

i guess im a fan boi coz i sold my nissan OEM K's wing for this

http://TM-SPL.COM
whitenoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #3427
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
As we're on the subject, do you guys think a kouki wing would suit mine? Its one of my favourite body mods on koukis, but I've never been sure if its worth it for my particular car?

Already posted pics of mine in the thread, so I'll just direct link so as not to clog up the thread with reposts.

CLICK

CLICK
Old 03-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #3428
rtrdpenguin

Trader Rating: (0)
rtrdpenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quail, your car stock front with lip lowered on those meisters (or sp1s?) is seriously my favorite kouki ever. Forget body kits, giant bling wheels, and flashy wings, keep it the way it is in that sig picture!!
Old 03-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #3429
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVGASM View Post
how does one fit a full size jack under an S chassis with out lifting up a scizzor jack and 2x4's first?.................................

Helps...
Old 03-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #3430
whitenoise
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
As we're on the subject, do you guys think a kouki wing would suit mine? Its one of my favourite body mods on koukis, but I've never been sure if its worth it for my particular car?
i think it'll look nice , here's mine before i did the JDM aero swap , u be the judge

Old 03-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #3431
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrdpenguin View Post
Quail, your car stock front with lip lowered on those meisters (or sp1s?) is seriously my favorite kouki ever. Forget body kits, giant bling wheels, and flashy wings, keep it the way it is in that sig picture!!
Thanks man, don't worry, body won't be changing. Just tempted by the kouki wing, but not sure if I should make the spend!

Thanks for the pic Whitenoise. Looking good, could definitely work.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #3432
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Quote:
I'm not saying everyone that has a fake is a fan boi I'm saying all the kids that buy a 240 because it's the (in) thing buys a fake wing and some of the fakes look like shit . My z valance is fiberglass buy that's because I couldn't find a real one seeing there are only 201 ever made so don't take it the wrong way shit if I could of got one for 20 buck I would of got it and sold it lol and the only reason this car is not going to have a kouki wing is I got the c west one for cheap shipped and Ive never seen another and it looks good lol
95_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:27 AM   #3433
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Grenades are ballerr
this is where you fail
Old 03-27-2011, 12:27 AM   #3434
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post

Helps...
What brand and model of jack is that?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #3435
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitenoise View Post
im with u on this one

i guess im a fan boi coz i sold my nissan OEM K's wing for this

Jury is still out on this for me... its by far a great atempt!! I am still holding out till someone makes a proper adjustable K's wing.

-Drew
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #3436
whitenoise
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
Jury is still out on this for me... its by far a great atempt!! I am still holding out till someone makes a proper adjustable K's wing.

-Drew
yeah it would have been awesome if it was adjustable, BUT it's design is somewhat close to being adjustable. im making a bracket for it as we speak. just need couple flat bars and some alen bolts . but the car is my daily and maybe ill bother to install the ADJ brackets when im ready to go back to the track later on

Old 03-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #3437
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
I had an old Nismo catalog with a S14 Kouki wing that is 3pc. and carbon center... IIRC it was 80,000yen... the part was discontinued long ago and is nearly imposable to find anywhere!!
Old 03-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #3438
whitenoise
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I had an old Nismo catalog with a S14 Kouki wing that is 3pc. and carbon center... IIRC it was 80,000yen... the part was discontinued long ago and is nearly imposable to find anywhere!!
ive seen that back then , but nowhere to be found, this is not nismo but i guess a copy of it years later

Old 03-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #3439
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
i think it'll look nice , here's mine before i did the JDM aero swap , u be the judge
thats all usdm right?front, sisdes, and rear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post

Already posted pics of mine in the thread, so I'll just direct link so as not to clog up the thread with reposts.

CLICK

CLICK
Yes It will work. Also, saved pics What are those warts on your front bumper? are they for parking the car. like sensors?
Quote:
yeah it would have been awesome if it was adjustable, BUT it's design is somewhat close to being adjustable. im making a bracket for it as we speak. just need couple flat bars and some alen bolts . but the car is my daily and maybe ill bother to install the ADJ brackets when im ready to go back to the track later on
do them like the fancy cars, where it adjusts to the speed.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #3440
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
thats all usdm right?front, sisdes, and rear?
usdm kouki front with optional lip, usdm kouki side skirts, and usdm rear bumper with jdm rear valances that are cut to look okay with the usdm rear bumper iirc.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #3441
whitenoise
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
usdm kouki front with optional lip, usdm kouki side skirts, and usdm rear bumper with jdm rear valances that are cut to look okay with the usdm rear bumper iirc.
Like he said^^^ I hacked up a perfectly new valance just to make it work with usdm rears , I wasnt thinking right back then LOL.

Yeah auto adjust wing would be good but with what amount of money spent to make it happen? Brackets will cost at most $25-$30, micro chip and hydraulic to control the wing at speeds however is nearly impossible unless I'm a rich ass fuck

Old 03-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #3442
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
OEM Kouki wing's provide like no downforce lol

Brian took pics of an article on it I think
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #3443
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
What brand and model of jack is that?
AFF 200T Low Profile Floor Jack
or
Omega Blackhawk Low Profile Service Jack — 2-Ton Capacity, Model# 29023 | Floor Jacks | Northern Tool + Equipment
or
Omega 29023 2 Ton Heavy Duty Low Profile Service Jack | SJDiscounttools.com

The last one, The Omega 29023 is probably the saving grace of jacks for the s-chassis crowd. 2.5" lowest point!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #3444
zac 3ne2nr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
zac 3ne2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via MSN to zac 3ne2nr
Originally a Zenki out of California. Engine Swap and kouki conversion done.

zac 3ne2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #3445
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
OEM Kouki wing's provide like no downforce lol

Brian took pics of an article on it I think
Correct... it provides a zero lift on the rear so it is functional and serves a purpose. At 60+MPH the rear of a 240SX will lift a good bit, this is why they are great drift cars.

So an Adjustable Kouki Wing.... WINNING!!!

I do think its funny that the Rear Window Wings are so popular considering it creates a negative zone on the back window which also creates Lift!!! Added with a Kouki wing where your throwing air over the wing and not Into the wing!!

Look at your dirty ass car after it rains... you will see that the wind lines over the back windo start from the center and move out towards the fenders as you get to the trunk. Not saying I like the idea but the Vortec Generators off the EVO MR helps to control this negative zone and place the air correctly.

-Drew
Old 03-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #3446
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
yeah man roof wings suck
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #3447
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wait this is an odd concept, so u guys actually get parts because they help the car perform better?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #3448
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
wait this is an odd concept, so u guys actually get parts because they help the car perform better?
only if its made out of cheep materials and shaddy manufacturing processes... I hear South Asian countries and China are prefered for their lack of attention to detail and cheep labor.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #3449
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Like he said^^^ I hacked up a perfectly new valance just to make it work with usdm rears , I wasnt thinking right back then LOL.

Yeah auto adjust wing would be good but with what amount of money spent to make it happen? Brackets will cost at most $25-$30, micro chip and hydraulic to control the wing at speeds however is nearly impossible unless I'm a rich ass fuck
2things, pic of dat a$$ and I'm sure a fan, vaccum with blower capabilities, smoke bomb, garage, some time.... I think we can make something happen. lol. just have to be creative with it.

Quote:
Correct... it provides a zero lift on the rear so it is functional and serves a purpose. At 60+MPH the rear of a 240SX will lift a good bit, this is why they are great drift cars.

So an Adjustable Kouki Wing.... WINNING!!!

I do think its funny that the Rear Window Wings are so popular considering it creates a negative zone on the back window which also creates Lift!!! Added with a Kouki wing where your throwing air over the wing and not Into the wing!!

Look at your dirty ass car after it rains... you will see that the wind lines over the back windo start from the center and move out towards the fenders as you get to the trunk. Not saying I like the idea but the Vortec Generators off the EVO MR helps to control this negative zone and place the air correctly.

-Drew
hmmmmm. Onto something here. if only I was that talented haha. is there a vid to these or that article? would like to see it. Heading over to gooogle/youtube
Old 03-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #3450
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

so almost got stuck on a youtube loop... anyway, there are plenty of vids of make a wind tunnel... homemade that is. Angles, positioning, etc are what is going to take the most time to get right. Everything else is not that hard... But what do I know. I'm not a wingologist so I don't know anything about wings But I did read up on the vortex generators. Waaaay too confusing for me. don't have time right now to look into it. very intresting though... It said aything past 40 mph experiences wind turbulence... so the roof wings cause this and the wing offsets it or increases drag/lift... I think I confused myself.