Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
AJZax
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
AJZax is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SR ISIS V2 Oil Pan Review

(moderators, please move to appropriate section if need be, I did not know exactly where to put this)

SO I had some generic freddy pan that made me nervous haha. I almost bought a canton pan, but decided I'd try this ISIS pan out and let everyone know how it is. (hopefully it wasn't a bad idea haha)

It's more of a tomei imitation pan I believe.

Here's the pan at first glance. It comes with all the hardware from ISIS (at least it does from enjuku).

All seams and welds seem to be quite decent. Especially considering the pricepoint. My biggest disappointment is the finish. The zinc or weird anodized (idk which it is) coating doesn't seem very uniform. My PBM rear knuckles were kind of like this, but not to this extent (btw I'm very happy with PBM rear knuckles, freaking love them).

Side view, with plugs and welds and seams all looking decent. Mating surface is very flat by any basic inspection methods (setting on flat table and checking for any gap? lol)

OIL PLEASE GO HERE

I slipped the coin in there so you guys can get an idea of the sizes of clearances. The baffle doors come installed. There are also some holes drilled in the dividing walls. At the ends there are small openings maybe 2 dimes thick? These gap sizes are larger on the front of the pan than the rear,which I like. All the seams seem to be welded quite decently to where I'm not worried about anything.

To sum it up for now, it seems to be well put together and assembled. I will have an update once I get it installed and run it at the track. I'll be watching for any dips in oil pressure, and I'll give an update as far as fitment and what it looks like installed. Thus far, I feel pretty good!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links