Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #31
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Eh? Mine fits fine... You sure you got a real Trust oil pan?

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #32
SixSpeedSleuth
Zilvia Member

SixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Eh? Mine fits fine... You sure you got a real Trust oil pan?

Yeah, I'm sure. I ordered it from Enjuku Racing so I would be sure to get a real one. I could get the screws to go in, but the baffle was bowed, so I just ran without them. I love greddy, but I think the quality is going a little downhill on some parts. I also have the Greddy Intake manifold, and the spot where the throttle body bolts on was horribly misplaced. I have a picture floating around somewhere. I had to machine off over a 1/4 inch to smooth the transition.
SixSpeedSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:58 PM   #33
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180SXClone View Post

stock is the best!
Is the stock oil pan really that bad? I just replaced the dented one on my motor set with a oem one. Now im thinking I should have just went greddy.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:08 AM   #34
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
cfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I run the stock pan... I just hammer them out so the bottom is rounded. I have an aluminum plate that covers the factory oil pan in the event something hits it. One time I did hit something in the road and it cracked my greddy oil pan... Had it been stock the pan would have been pushed into the pickup and toasted the motor but luckily I had the pan that day but what are the odds of that? I wish I knew who made the cover I got or where it came from... It bolts onto 6 of the 8 mounting points and covers the stock pan.
cfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:04 AM   #35
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
They stopped making it. It has been discussed on Freshalloy.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfinch View Post
I run the stock pan... I just hammer them out so the bottom is rounded. I have an aluminum plate that covers the factory oil pan in the event something hits it. One time I did hit something in the road and it cracked my greddy oil pan... Had it been stock the pan would have been pushed into the pickup and toasted the motor but luckily I had the pan that day but what are the odds of that? I wish I knew who made the cover I got or where it came from... It bolts onto 6 of the 8 mounting points and covers the stock pan.
I know the pan you are talking about. A shop by my way has one in stock.

I see it on ebay every now and then.

Carlos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:43 AM   #36
water
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
water has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
THE BEST oil pan ever created for an SR is made by ARE in Australia. It has a pivoting oil pick-up so your engine will never be starved of oil, whether you're doing a wheelie or you're sideways at 100+mph.
water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #37
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^^ Wrong - Dry sump is best :P
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #38
water
Zilvia Junkie

water has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud of
Hahaha, yeah but then again there's no oil pickup either.
water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #39
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by water View Post
THE BEST oil pan ever created for an SR is made by ARE in Australia. It has a pivoting oil pick-up so your engine will never be starved of oil, whether you're doing a wheelie or you're sideways at 100+mph.
Pics? Links?
Old 10-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #40
silviatunersr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
silviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I just say get a greddy pan, its the best bang for the buck and cheaper than the rest but still has a great name behind it to back the product up. I seen them for around 275 shipped so its not that bad.
silviatunersr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:46 AM   #41
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by water View Post
I fail to see how an oil pan has a rotating oil pick up seeing how the pick up has nothing to do with the pan...

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #42
sohc4now

sohc4now is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^http://www.are.com.au/Billet%20Sumps...R20%20sump.htm
sohc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #43
AznDrftr.
BANNED

AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
i heard that the greddy one was blah.
AznDrftr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:31 PM   #44
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
I think the OP was just hoping someone would vouch for the freddy.

I mean, hell, buy it, you don't need to keep oil IN the engine anyways.

(jumps on soapbox).

The FIRST two mod's to an sr should be.

Greddy Oil Pan
Oil cooler, remote filter (2jz Turbo)

Then try to kill yourself from there.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #45
unicoladron
Zilvia Junkie

unicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choices
that was the most informative website about oil pans evAr!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #46
bRUt@L`S13
BANNED

bRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruinbRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruinbRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruin
greddy oversized..
thats what i run
bRUt@L`S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #47
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohc4now View Post
wow...nice in theory but for that kinda money i'd be on my way to a dry sump system.

+1 for the greddy...dealt with it on a friends car...thing never gave us a problem.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #48
max_POWER

max_POWER is an unknown quantity at this point
i picked up a "freddy" from a friend of mine for next to nothing. I havent actually got a chance to see my OEM yet (motor still on pallet) but if my oem is trash then im hoping my "freddy" works out.
max_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #49
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_POWER View Post
i picked up a "freddy" from a friend of mine for next to nothing. I havent actually got a chance to see my OEM yet (motor still on pallet) but if my oem is trash then im hoping my "freddy" works out.
IT WONT

IT WONT

IT WONT

IT WONT

IT WONT

IT WONT

IT WONT

IT WONT

IT WONT

IT WONT

IT WONT

IT WONT
Old 11-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #50
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
OK honestly if your not constanly drifting your car just go OEM.I mean daily driving doesnt call for an aftermarket oil pan.I have the oem dented and all I go drifting often and never had an oil issue with my motor.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #51
max_POWER

max_POWER is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL

so i shouldnt even bother?
max_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #52
Kuzumi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Kuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kuzumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kuzumi
someone buy my ARC oilpan
Kuzumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #53
mastaflash05
Zilvia Addict

mastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to mastaflash05
i use a freddy and its working very well for me.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #54
johngriff
Post Whore!

http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showth...freddy+oil+pan

http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showpo...06&postcount=5

Its like, you have to work REALLY hard to dispell all the BS that goes on in these threads sometimes.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:20 PM   #55
mastaflash05
Zilvia Addict

mastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to mastaflash05
im just saying what i have, and its working very will for me. i have had no problems with it so far. damn near the same thing for what, 1/2 price?
Old 11-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #56
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Just thought I'd stir this pot a little more- anyone have experience with the knockoff Tomei pan that RnD Factory sells on ebay? A quick search turned up nothing other than someone selling one.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:34 PM   #57
sr20boostn20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20boostn20
i have the greddy one.

works well for me.

seems to work for many others as well

go with what works
sr20boostn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:15 PM   #58
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Of course the Greddy one works well, there are countless examples of that. I'm just curious if anyone has experiences with the Tomei knockoff.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #59
Doluck
Zilvia Member

Doluck is on the path to ruinDoluck is on the path to ruinDoluck is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfinch View Post

http://turbofabparts.com/parts/catal...403481e637d37a
Doluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #60
LoanShark
Zilvia Member

LoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond repute
naaaah

I believe the one finch is talking about is made by KTS. They're all over YJ on and off.
LoanShark is offline   Reply With Quote