Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #1381
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Hey Cody,

do you need to adjust the nismo one? Or is it plug and play?
It has an adjuster on it, but so you would still need an inline gauge after the filter. Even with stock regulatos on basic t25 kits, I like to tell people to run a gauge, just to ensure all is well, as you never know with an old regulator and a pump ya know?

I don't have a good picture of it on my car, so here is one of my old turbo altima

It's just nice as it keeps things tidy in the engine bay. Certainly not as cool looking as an aftermarket (persay Aeromotive or JG or similar) but it's ability to just mount and work really appeals to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
its not put togeather yet im having trouble with the snap ring on the compressor side. ill try to fix the pics for you guys asap.
That's REALLY interesting to see! Only thing that would concern me would be 'room' in the engine bay. Look like she'll be a tight fit, but the V band 44 gates are nice becuase you can position it anywhere.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #1382
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yeha i have an aeromotive, but the thing is massive. Its very big and I have to run additional lines and all this junk.... Sigh....
Old 12-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #1383
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Yeha i have an aeromotive, but the thing is massive. Its very big and I have to run additional lines and all this junk.... Sigh....
That's the only PITA for me. Silly gripe I know, but i like simple things.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 12-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #1384
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I now run an AEROMOTIVE 13105 unit, it's not that big stop using your penis size for reference!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #1385
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
I now run an AEROMOTIVE 13105 unit, it's not that big stop using your penis size for reference!
I inherited mine from a friend. Its one of those 3 port ones so I can install an on regulator gauge... Where did you mount yours? can I get a picture?
Old 12-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #1386
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
I inherited mine from a friend. Its one of those 3 port ones so I can install an on regulator gauge... Where did you mount yours? can I get a picture?
See that's what I don't get...the regulator mounts after the fuel injectors..so would you want hte gauge before or after? Would it make any difference? I mean I'd think that the FPR mounted gauge (like Aeromotive) would ive you 'end of the fuel rail' pressure, where one mounted before would give you before rail...but what is really best? I've never really 'worried' about this (i mean so many have them mounted pre rail, inluding myself) but I'd think it's not ideal.

Thoughts?

Old 12-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #1387
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Code:
comparison shot the HTC Hermes is putting in work!

Code:
 This is really a temp install, because I knew it was going to snow soon!
I've taken pressure reading from the regulator and before the rail, they are the same. Atleast for right now! That's why I've chosen to mount the sensor on the regulator.

That little whore....! there she goes again!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #1388
sposa

Trader Rating: (0)
sposa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

how much for the whole setup?
sposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #1389
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sposa View Post
how much for the whole setup?
'more than you can afford pal -- Ferrari'

Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #1390
Moon Ill
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Moon Ill is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
ill give you a sneak peak of my set up, parts came in today.

and for you guys that wanted to know what the Special T25 EWG .72 a/r housing looked like in a real picture here it is!!!!!! side by side with the .64 and my GT3071 vs. GT2871 compressor housing for more flow. im shooting for 430+whp give or take. more details on my set up later but this is the sneak preview lol

If you go external waste gate let me know. I'll buy your actuator off of you
Moon Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #1391
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:

I have the big aeromotive (left side of pic on strut tower), mounts easily and works great.

s15specR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #1392
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
sexyyyyy^^^^^^^

edit: my nismo fpr works great.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #1393
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15specR View Post
I have the big aeromotive (left side of pic on strut tower), mounts easily and works great.

Dude great setup... I have my ignitor mounted there.... You know whats most awesome about your setup??!!?! Cold pipe BOV. Freaking awesome...

Dude what ABS system is that?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #1394
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Quote:
Dude great setup... I have my ignitor mounted there.... You know whats most awesome about your setup??!!?! Cold pipe BOV. Freaking awesome...

Dude what ABS system is that?
Why are you impressed by a bov mounted on the cold pipe? The stock bov is mounted on the cold pipe on s14/s15 sr20det engines.

And its a s15 so the ABS components look a little different.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #1395
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quick question guys. Can anyone post injector and ignition maps for their tune with their setups on the power FC?

The reason I ask is because my injector duty cycles are at 100%, and it's detonating like a mofo in boost. I'm just trying to be a dick and steal someones tune untill febuary when I can get it professionally tuned.

I bought the car and was told it was professionally tuned, but DAMN this tune sucks.

I'm running gt2871r, hks 256 cams, greaddy intake manifold, 550s, etc.

If not, thanks anyways guys. Just thought I'd ask.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #1396
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
Quick question guys. Can anyone post injector and ignition maps for their tune with their setups on the power FC?

The reason I ask is because my injector duty cycles are at 100%, and it's detonating like a mofo in boost. I'm just trying to be a dick and steal someones tune untill febuary when I can get it professionally tuned.

I bought the car and was told it was professionally tuned, but DAMN this tune sucks.

I'm running gt2871r, hks 256 cams, greaddy intake manifold, 550s, etc.

If not, thanks anyways guys. Just thought I'd ask.
Contact Steve Shadows, he can send them to you and probably has a map for a setup like that already....
Old 12-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #1397
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelu View Post
Why are you impressed by a bov mounted on the cold pipe? The stock bov is mounted on the cold pipe on s14/s15 sr20det engines.

And its a s15 so the ABS components look a little different.
Most people have it on the hotpipe not the coldpipe. Its better for relieving boost pressure than on the hotpipe. Even though people have s14 or s15 swaps.

Still that is a nice RHD S15.... Track only?
Old 12-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #1398
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
ALRIGHTY then. Sent Steve a PM. Hopefully he's able to help me out.

The car was supposedly professionally tuned. lol.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #1399
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Most people have it on the hotpipe not the coldpipe. Its better for relieving boost pressure than on the hotpipe. Even though people have s14 or s15 swaps.

Still that is a nice RHD S15.... Track only?
How so? I would figure you want it nearest your turbocharger to prevent surge?

Old 12-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #1400
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
How so? I would figure you want it nearest your turbocharger to prevent surge?
Compressor Surge I believe comes from reverse pressure flowing back into the turbo. This is cause when the throttle plate is closed, so the area of highest pressure flowing back through the system is at the cold pipe more correctly right in front of the throttle plate.

Correct me if I am wrong
Old 12-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #1401
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Yes,

If any of you guys need your maps looked over or a new base map for your new turbo upgrade dont hesitate to hit me up.

My discounted rates will be ending at midnight on Dec 31st however, So if you are thinking about getting a map or will be needing one in Jan, you can send payment before Jan 1st and come back later in Jan for the actual map once you are sure you have the setup you are gonig to be using or I can send you a map for your setup and you can just save it until you get your EMS in 2010. My support for the map is good for up to 1 year after you order up your base map or remote tune.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:10 AM   #1402
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
enthalpy has power fc tunes right on the website ready for download.
R.S. Enthalpy: Nissan ROM Tunes, ECU Reflashes and Dyno Tuning. Tampa Bay, Florida.
2fast4y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #1403
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Compressor Surge I believe comes from reverse pressure flowing back into the turbo. This is cause when the throttle plate is closed, so the area of highest pressure flowing back through the system is at the cold pipe more correctly right in front of the throttle plate.

Correct me if I am wrong
See that's exactly how I understand it as well, but I would assume that being it's the turbo itself 'creating' the compressed air, that you'd want to vent it as near as the source as you can (much like how anti surge housings are done on the inlet). Either way, I'm not suare either, but would love to know 'proper' setups ya know?

I guess ultimately it shouldn't make much a difference so long as there is one. I think another 'ultimate' factor also boils down to 'placement' and the sort. For me, the hotpipe works perfect as for recirculate it's only a 4" distance to the intake

Old 01-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #1404
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
i would think that if your venting to the atmosphere that near the throttle plate would be best to keep the air from changing direction. close your throttle plate opens another path right next to it. but that being said i really dont think it matters. as long as you run one that is funtional
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #1405
slider2828
Post Whore!

I sometimes don't really want the pressure to surge back through the intercooler setup. Yeah I think the point of highest impact when that plate closes is at the throttle body. Like that guy said, on stock S14 and S15 its on the cold pipe side....
Old 01-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #1406
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
[quote=codyace;3200101]It has an adjuster on it, but so you would still need an inline gauge after the filter. Even with stock regulatos on basic t25 kits, I like to tell people to run a gauge, just to ensure all is well, as you never know with an old regulator and a pump ya know?

I don't have a good picture of it on my car, so here is one of my old turbo altima

It's just nice as it keeps things tidy in the engine bay. quote]

how high can the fuel pressure be set with this nismo FPR?
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:41 AM   #1407
juggernaut1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
juggernaut1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
See that's exactly how I understand it as well, but I would assume that being it's the turbo itself 'creating' the compressed air, that you'd want to vent it as near as the source as you can (much like how anti surge housings are done on the inlet). Either way, I'm not suare either, but would love to know 'proper' setups ya know?

I guess ultimately it shouldn't make much a difference so long as there is one. I think another 'ultimate' factor also boils down to 'placement' and the sort. For me, the hotpipe works perfect as for recirculate it's only a 4" distance to the intake
There a couple od schools of thought on this:

Firstly - placing the bov on the cold side means its closer to the vacuum signal and therefore the vacuum line is shorter ...making the bov more responsive to a closed throttle position.

Secondly - placing the BOV at the closest point to the throttle plate means the momentum of the air post the turbo and through the intercooler /piping system is not disturbed until the latest point.....at which point when the throttle plate is reopened the momentum repressurise the plenum at a faster rate as it doesn't require the turbo to repressurise the entire intercooler system in the case where the bov is located on the hot side.
juggernaut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:49 AM   #1408
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
my uncle is the crew chief for the worlds fastest drag radial car...car has set and broken its own records for awhile now.
last time he was up here visiting he saw my car and just look at me like WTF!?!?!
he asked me why the hell my BOV was on the hotside so close to the turbo and why i had vacuum lines all over the place.
i told him thats how the piping was made and i just put it where i was told...so sense then i have purchased a cold pipe with BOV flange on it because he said its retarded to run one on the hot side...i would take his word for it..one of the cars he watches over runs twin 90 trim turbos with twin 60mm wastegates. 5 1/2 inch charge pipes and 6 inch exhaust.
i know hw is on a COMPLETELY different level then us, but everything he has told/showed me on my car has made it run amazing!
2fast4y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #1409
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
how high can the fuel pressure be set with this nismo FPR?
Guys are running it on 4 bar base setups with 20 psi (60ish+20=80) so I'd assume it could probably handle 100 psi of fuel. Don't quote me on it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut1 View Post
There a couple od schools of thought on this:

Firstly - placing the bov on the cold side means its closer to the vacuum signal and therefore the vacuum line is shorter ...making the bov more responsive to a closed throttle position.

Secondly - placing the BOV at the closest point to the throttle plate means the momentum of the air post the turbo and through the intercooler /piping system is not disturbed until the latest point.....at which point when the throttle plate is reopened the momentum repressurise the plenum at a faster rate as it doesn't require the turbo to repressurise the entire intercooler system in the case where the bov is located on the hot side.
Hehe I re read my corkey bell book and he said the exact same thing. I've read maximum boost countless times, but seemingly forget such basic stuff haha. Good to know!

The only thing that would now concern me, is the long length of recirculation pipe/tube required if running it on the cold side, and recirculating it to the intake tract.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #1410
slider2828
Post Whore!

I would love to recirc too, but I for one never had any idle problems not recirculating..... maybe cause i am MAP based? no idea...