Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
BoostedJay
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BoostedJay is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tech2Motorsports

Fucking terrible.

I recently bought a new, but test fitted, subframe from a guy who abandoned his 2jz RX-7 project. He included the transmission mount for an R154, well - I bought a 6 speed for my car, so I needed a V160 bracket and driveshaft. I called up Tech 2 telling them what's been going on, the guy pretty much told me I'd have to buy an ENTIRE kit because he won't take the time to make me a separate bracket. All because he doesn't want his "technology" out. That's by far the most ignorant fucking thing I've ever heard, it's a piece of metal! Nobody's going to steal you guys "design" and reproduce it. Basically, I bought this kit and got slapped in the face by their horrible customer service, twice. I offered the guy good to make me a fucking bracket and he hung up in my face. I didn't too much care about the driveshaft, and I can have DSS make me a much stronger one that'd be under warranty.

It's shitty that I can buy from damn near ANY other company, and they honor their products and help out customers whether you buy used, new, sideways, upside down, or whatever. I've read bad reviews on them before, but it was a deal I couldn't pass up and I figured the guy would at least make a bracket for me. Plus the fact that some reviews the customer can be rude, the employee could be having a bad day etc. Nope. These people are just shit bags.

/rant.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
wow, good thing i didn't deal with them.. my 1jz ended up coming with the tech2 kit.. i hope the fitment is good..
Old 08-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
BoostedJay
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Options13 View Post
wow, good thing i didn't deal with them.. my 1jz ended up coming with the tech2 kit.. i hope the fitment is good..
Fitment, is OK. I won't lie about that, but still.. holy shit just because I bought something second hand doesn't mean I'm just some piece of shit customer none the less.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've heard tech2 has been going in the shitter for a while.

That's ok. Plenty of fab peeps out there willing to do the job in their place. REST ASSURED! That's the car game. You fuck up and treat your customers like shit and you're chopping the head off your own business because the next man is working on something better than you if not better. =D I dunno what's going on with tech2 since i wanted their kit when i was considering 2jzge-t w58 for my old fc at one point and they had really good feedback. The forums were somewhat live too back then. Smh.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Tech2 was pretty good to deal with back about 5+ years ago..... alot of people left, i think some of the "fame" they got with the 2JZ S13 / 2JZ FD stuff got to their head.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
BoostedJay
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Tech2 was pretty good to deal with back about 5+ years ago..... alot of people left, i think some of the "fame" they got with the 2JZ S13 / 2JZ FD stuff got to their head.
I don't know, but if someone else made a 2j kit for the FD, they'd be out of business IMO. Every 240 person that's 1j/2j around here is Zero lift'd
Old 08-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedJay View Post
I don't know, but if someone else made a 2j kit for the FD, they'd be out of business IMO. Every 240 person that's 1j/2j around here is Zero lift'd
I seem to be one of the VERY few who still have a Tech2 kit in their car.