Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
bathsaltsamurai
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
bathsaltsamurai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nissan Autosports (Jim Mills Nissan of Virginia)

Ok, so this is my first time posting a review. Also I'm not necessarily giving this business a bed rep. I'm trying to see if anyone else has had experience with them while explaining this whole ordeal aswell.

So here's what happened. (I'm posting this review for a really good friend who is like a brother to me. He doesn't have a Zilvia account and really doesn't use the internet all that much.

So my friend's front timing cover/oil pump got cracked and he obviously needed a new one. Since he doesn't use the internet that often and works wayyyy more hours than I do I went ahead and looked for the cheapest, brand new oem timing cover/oil pump. So I found this

NISSAN 240SX S13 SR20DET Oil Pump Cover - 13500-50F00

So, seems like a great deal $195 for a front cover that usually cost like $250ish. so my dude buys it, gets it in the mail, he's happy he saved some money blah blah. One thing he noticed was there was a tear/hole in the box it came in and they packaged it in 2 bags, no bubble wrap, no shipping peanuts nothing like that. So he primes and installs it to find out the oil pump is bent and wont install properly. He calls Nissan Autosport and they said they don't warranty JDM parts and that it was installed, he calls Fedex and they said its not their problem (now here I'm not to certain on the details) Pretty much he complained to both parties and they (Nissan autosport and Fedex) talked it out to see who was at fault, Nissan Autosport took the blame. So they said he needed to ship the old front cover back and pay a restocking fee, cost him $40.

So after all this, my dude is finally satisfied (or so it would seem) He waits about 2 weeks an gets his new pump (today and packaged the way it should be) to find out the replacement oil pump is bent in the same spot as the other one. we talked about it today and the only conclusions we came to is they either have a really defective run of front timing covers/oil pumps (very freaking unlikely) or they just sent him the bent one back. BTW before he sent his bent one back he completely cleaned it up like all the rtv and greasy finger prints on it so it looked like it did when it came out of the box.

Sense he got off work and installed the pump Nissan autosports is closed for the day and he hasn't got to call them back and figure out wtfs up. But obviously its something shadyish is going on with them and I'm trying to find out if anyone else has had any experience with them and to warn potential buyers that 1) Nissan autosports doesn't warranty JDM parts yet they are a Nissan Dealership. 2) They will most likely ship it in a skimpy package of a box and a couple bags no real packing material. and 3) No one needs to have all this down time due to an unreliable business that seems to not care about customer service.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is sad to hear. About August/September 2012, I bought new S15 Headlights from Jim Mills Nissan for like $760. I bought both sides and also ordered Headlight brackets with them, (the guy didn't know if the headlights came with the brackets).
Of course the Headlights came with the brackets so I got an extra set of brackets for no fucking reason.

Anyway, I don't remember who I spoke to on the phone, maybe Jim, but he was courteous and it shipped quickly from Virginia (?) to Philadelphia in a few days. Packaging was great, no problems at all.

I have yet to actually install and turn on these headlights though soooooooo

I guess I would suggest to just bite the bullet and return it. Maybe pay a little more and have a local dealership get it for you. They cost more but atleast you can go there in person and raise hell if something goes wrong.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
bathsaltsamurai
Leaky Injector

Wow that sucks, how could they not know what their parts do and don't come with.

So update. My dude talked to Nissan Autosport today, it turns out they've had 6 other complaints about front timing covers/oil pumps getting damaged during shipping and they are working on getting everything sorted out. Unfortunately the part is out of stock and they are doing everything to get more in stock and to make things right. So now my dude is debating whether he should get a full refund or have another timing cover/oil pump shipped out. So it seems like they do care, although all this down time is really lame. I told my dude if he does get a replacement to tell them to have it seriously packaged and have FRAGILE written all over it.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Glad to hear they actually responded to you.

From my personal experience, Courtesy parts, Nissan Raceshop @ fontana Nissan ( I think), and nissan parts.cc have all been good to me. Maybe see if anyone else has one ready to go. I've used all these guys more than once and only used Jim mills once for my overpriced headlights (granted everyone else was out of stock at the time)

Hope it works out for ya
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
bathsaltsamurai
Leaky Injector

Well my dude went with the refund. Customer service is good with these guys. Hopefully after this incident they will package their oil pumps better. No real bad review here just a long headache for my dude.