Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #151
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
nice ... love the happy ending (for now)... keep plugging away man!!
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #152
PureRush
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
PureRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Those pics are cray
PureRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #153
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
yo buy that dmax hood in the vender section, you need it!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #154
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
ka24debt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
lol my friend sent me a link to that a few days ago. i wish i had the cash but bigger priorities atm. i wanna get subframe risers, tuck the exhaust higher, get the pbm downpipe, replace my messed up steering rack, prep to put the ac back in and figure out why this car has been running lean lately. also gonna be needing an alignment in general for this season
ka24debt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #155
epics13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
epics13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Wow man keep up all the good work. It's funny I stumbled upon ur thread, earlier today a friend of my sent me a pic of ur, to tell me that he loves ur wing n that I need it in my life, lol.
epics13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #156
zomgsohc

Trader Rating: (0)
zomgsohc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24debt View Post
hopefully i can update tomorrow of some little nick nack stuff ive done to the car but finally got some decent pics.

New desktop wallpaper.

Just read the whole build, start to finish... Love it. You capture all the lows and highs of driving a car like this. Alot of us have faced the "rust" demon, and alot of us remember that thrill of the first time racing, and the feeling of blowing up your first motor. Your story captures the whole experience, and with a great, positive attitude. Your always thinking forward, saying "it can only get better" and things like that. That's the right attitude. That's why everyone loves this build. You built a car you love, and you didn't half ass it. You admit your mistakes, you have realistic goals, n u don typ lik dis. Kudos on the thread, and double kudos on the car. Gives me hope for my little pignose hatch.

Also, your choice in aero... perfect. A D-Max hood would really set this car off. Can't wait to see updates!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #157
s13_rb25
Zilvia Addict

s13_rb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
update!

well as far as the car goes, my friends have been wanting me to go out with them more and get some more seat time. im def. getting alot more comfortable with sliding the car and transitioning weight and all. but all good things come to an end

replaced as a temp. with tein tie rods and installed my pbm angle spacers. a def big improvement but i went want to get some kind of adjustable outer tie to adjust the roll center.
check out the circuit sports inner and outer tie rods. they're roll center adjustable. thats what i got and they're super awesome. also I've seen some people say on fb and stuff that you should get a d max or koguchi hood. if you don't have all the $$ for that. check out 9kracing.com they have hood vents almost identical for sale there and they're only lie $100. thats what I'm gonna go with. good luck, love the progress and whole story! subscribed to it!
s13_rb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #158
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Cool story nice build. It's great to hear what people go through with their cars. It's not just me
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #159
driftr240sx
Zilvia Member

driftr240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
nice build man!
driftr240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #160
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
awesome car, awesome pics, awesome thread
Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #161
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JDM SPUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nice car I think I've seen it lawt time I was in SI.
JDM SPUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:48 AM   #162
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Knowing I have work in a few hours, I spent almost an hour reading all 6 pages of this thread. You write really well & I really like the direction of this build. This summer's gonna be great for us N.y people.
-Jib

www.tm-spl.com
Kouki's & some apple juice.
turbo_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #163
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

Trader Rating: (14)
StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Man great progress. Your car looks so damn good, I swear. Set one of those pics as my wallpaper haha.
Gotta love Zilvia.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #164
HiddenCharacter
Zilvia Member

HiddenCharacter is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup, good positive no quitting attitude, just like a Rocky movie lol. Nice thread...keep it up.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #165
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_rb25 View Post
check out the circuit sports inner and outer tie rods. they're roll center adjustable. thats what i got and they're super awesome. also I've seen some people say on fb and stuff that you should get a d max or koguchi hood. if you don't have all the $$ for that. check out 9kracing.com they have hood vents almost identical for sale there and they're only lie $100. thats what I'm gonna go with. good luck, love the progress and whole story! subscribed to it!
first off, thanks for the support guys it keeps me going. but well after a few days of driving, the teins are messed up aswell. i should be replacing the rack in a few weeks also. as far as the circuit sports stuff goes, i really dont want to cheap out nor have i heard awesome reviews on them anyway. as of right still have my mind set on z32 inners/spl outers especially with this ride height and where i live i need something thats going to handle the abuse.

so i finally decided to raise the front. it was for the best. as u can see this is the only plagued part of my car that i want to get fix hopefully within a week or 2.

downpipe is completely smashed in.. exhaust leaks everywhere(need the pbm pipe SO bad)

ive had this excessive plate for about a year now and im def. ordering another one. this thing took so much abuse its not even funny. living in the 5 boroughs will do this to any car. i ripped it off and i should be getting a new one soon.

new height and more kouki love. no more bottoming out, scraping the lip or any of that nonsense. still think it could go down just a nudge which ill probably do.

and this was the front before.. doesnt look like much but believe me it was really bad.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #166
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
very nice build, reminds me of my old lady..
Ride height looks good, i know everyone on the internet favors gangster low but that shit is just to impress the kiddies on the internet, busting up your car is no fun.

Those Yellow NY plates are just soo ugly lol, guess I'm just used to seeing white California plates
Old 01-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #167
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
very nice build, reminds me of my old lady..
Ride height looks good, i know everyone on the internet favors gangster low but that shit is just to impress the kiddies on the internet, busting up your car is no fun.

Those Yellow NY plates are just soo ugly lol, guess I'm just used to seeing white California plates
Believe me I was mortified when they told me I couldn't keep my white plate lol
Old 01-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #168
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
Quote:

this look is amazing, I love it when kouki fronts have both position and turn signal lights.

keep up the awesome work, my only suggestion for rust repair is to use weld thru primer when you start welding, and take your time so nothing warps. have the car as level as you can with multiple jacks so after the cuts the car has no chance of sagging. I just went through all that ( not as bad but still had to be done ) and it is a bit of a chore, but so well worth it in the end.

also por15 it when you are done and follow up with rubber undercoat or rock guard
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #169
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Im basically on the same road as you.. By spring/summer there will be another type X in NY, just need a front bumper & lip, you must have really lucked out with getting all those front bumper type x parts if u got it all from 1 person
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #170
truckmtrS13
Zilvia Member

truckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the rough
Car is looking great you just need to polish and buff the hell out of those lips
truckmtrS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:09 AM   #171
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Dude, I dont know why, but I dig the yellow plates.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #172
LI NY 240sx
Leaky Injector

LI NY 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
At first I didn't like the yellow plates, but they have grown on me a lot.
In the 70's and 80's they were the same colors, so it has a little nostalgic feel to it.

Nice thread, the car looks really good. Keep up the good work.
LI NY 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #173
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
car looks good but im not a big fan of black cars on black wheels just my opinion.
good job tho!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #174
B-Rod15
Leaky Injector

B-Rod15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Inspired !
B-Rod15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #175
sterlinge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
sterlinge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
You should lower the back more flush with rim lip or tuck the lip a little and you can go lower in the front without it hitting as much. When your fender has same gap front and back, the front ends up being lower. Imo..
sterlinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #176
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
height looks good, car looks good. strut tower rust looks scary, though, haha. my old s13 coupe had rust reminiscent to that, and it failed after hitting a big pothole at speed. :/
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #177
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
The only thing that scares me is the rust, but FAWK this thing looks good.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #178
azndan2
Leaky Injector

azndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura about
I know I'm a little bit late but DAMN engine swap in the snow? freaking insane. Props to you man.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #179
ControverZial17
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
ControverZial17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Digging the dedication to this build but that chassis needs to go! You have rot in some pretty crucial structural points. If you plan on drifting this thing again seriously your going to need to ditch that shell or bust out the welder and do some serious repairs. Especially with how much you seem to be scraping, your frame rails are only going to get worse.
ControverZial17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #180
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stepGoesPowPow View Post
Im basically on the same road as you.. By spring/summer there will be another type X in NY, just need a front bumper & lip, you must have really lucked out with getting all those front bumper type x parts if u got it all from 1 person
nice cant wait to see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckmtrS13 View Post
Car is looking great you just need to polish and buff the hell out of those lips
believe i know but everything has a price to pay which i dont have so im just biting my tongue and rolling with the punches
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
Dude, I dont know why, but I dig the yellow plates.
ehh.. lol idk ill never like em, stupid ny lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI NY 240sx View Post
At first I didn't like the yellow plates, but they have grown on me a lot.
In the 70's and 80's they were the same colors, so it has a little nostalgic feel to it.
the straight white ones were dope
Nice thread, the car looks really good. Keep up the good work.
thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead View Post
car looks good but im not a big fan of black cars on black wheels just my opinion.
good job tho!
me neither, it just reminds me of all the bros straight from there jersey shore out here with their 350's and g35/7's with full tinted tails and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rod15 View Post
Inspired !
glad i could help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinge View Post
You should lower the back more flush with rim lip or tuck the lip a little and you can go lower in the front without it hitting as much. When your fender has same gap front and back, the front ends up being lower. Imo..
like this? :] already been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
height looks good, car looks good. strut tower rust looks scary, though, haha. my old s13 coupe had rust reminiscent to that, and it failed after hitting a big pothole at speed. :/
i know this rust issue is scary as shit but the front suspension is completely shot.. ive managed to kill brand new federals in like 3 weeks already. between books for school, bills, my 600 driver assesment fee for being stupid is all holding me back from getting alot of things done and it sucks because i have no option but to drive it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
The only thing that scares me is the rust, but FAWK this thing looks good.
scary rust but thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndan2 View Post
I know I'm a little bit late but DAMN engine swap in the snow? freaking insane. Props to you man.
yeah it was pretty bad but thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControverZial17 View Post
Digging the dedication to this build but that chassis needs to go! You have rot in some pretty crucial structural points. If you plan on drifting this thing again seriously your going to need to ditch that shell or bust out the welder and do some serious repairs. Especially with how much you seem to be scraping, your frame rails are only going to get worse.
if all goes well, im trying get it fixed within a month tops. im gonna have a for sale thread up hopefully tomorrow and you guys can help buy some stuff so get this process moving a bit quicker :]