Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-13-2008, 12:04 AM   #691
neukin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
neukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to neukin
Thanks we aim to please! The Dynasty and Maxstar are a bit $$$$ but they are so small you can take them anywhere.... 200A is alot of power for most work.. The best part is they can run on 120 but we normally run 220. You can do 460 is your baller but it auto switches so you can change the plug depending on location. 220 welds smoother then a 120 outlet. Here is another weld on a RX7 manifold hehe, this manifold glows red often now at 450whp. This is a head flange weld (er rotor housing not head) and then a 2" runner where a 45 bend hits a 90.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2008, 12:13 AM   #692
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Wow. Purdy weldin there buddy.

Looks pretty baller. Do you do titanium?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:18 AM   #693
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Heres a titanium exhaust I welded.

I always feel like i just won the lotto and got with the hottest girl in school after welding titanium.

Then I fabricated a stick of butter into a porcupine
Old 06-13-2008, 12:37 AM   #694
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Wow. Neukin's stuff is sexy.

And Luke, you always bring the hotnezz. Nice.

Just for materials, how much did that M3 exhaust run?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:47 AM   #695
blu808
Post Whore!

The 3lv ti was around $1600 with the 4" canisters not including the filler rod, gas, power, or all the cutting and fitment.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:57 PM   #696
neukin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
neukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really niceneukin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to neukin
Never welded Ti, seems it would be much like stainless?

Looks nice... is all that Ti or just the tube? Hard to find flanges in Ti i take it. That stuff is salty..i guess your paying to save 40% weight of a steel part. Hard enough to find weld flanges in 304

Thats a stick of butter at a SlimFast convention or something lol
Old 06-14-2008, 12:10 AM   #697
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
I hear Ti is pretty easy to weld...please correct me if I am mistaken. Do you use a glass cup, or a drag type? Back purge?
Looks tottaly sick! Great job!

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #698
fakts13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
fakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I thought I'd get off my lazy duff and upload some pics of some stuff that I did around here.

Here's a bracket I made for a dry sump oil tank. Wish I had a mill to make those holes. Wish I had a belt/disc sander even more . Good thing it's made out of aluminum and files easy.

A downpipe for an FD. The customer had gotten some kit that didn't fit worth a damn and was on a budget, so please excuse the scraps used on it.

And here's some practice 304 stainless I used to set some of the settings on my machine.
fakts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:36 PM   #699
blu808
Post Whore!

fakts13:
thats a badass drysump tank bracket.

Nice stainless welds as well.
What machine are you using?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #700
fakts13
Zilvia Member

fakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nice
thanks blu808. using a syncrowave 250 the model right before the current one. so it's nice and huge. hope to one day own a dynasty 300
fakts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #701
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
^Mmmmmmmmm Dynasty 300....

Great looking welds! All it needs are most pictures!
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #702
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
^Mmmmmmmmm Dynasty 300....

Great looking welds! All it needs are most pictures!
LOL, Thats what I was saying early today when ordering some stuff.
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #703
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DisEpyon
A recent job i did today. been pretty busy with my car trying to get it done, but im never to busy for jobs like these.

welded up intercooler piping, brackets for the intercooler, blow off valve flange, and had to modify tabs for the radiators.

The intercooler piping. customer taped it up for me and cut squares out for me to tack.

All tacked up.

All welded up.

The brackets for the intercooler.

Each radiator had one tab that needed to be modified to fit the car's going on.

The blow of valve flange welded up (it will be welded to the pipe later on). ( the tubing was a little bit smaller in diameter from the bov hole, but that did not stop me.)

In the end another happy customer. went to his house and everything fitted great.
DisEpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #704
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
Hey guys just wanted to let you know the centerline intake manifold with the 90mm throttlebody does fit. Thank god I run solid mounts but I know that was a concern of most of you guys about fitment.
Heres a picture of it Ill try to take some shots of it in the engine bay.

All i have to do now is make a nice bracket for the blaster ss coils which will sit either to the left of the rail or on top some what up in the air on that one.. Any ideas anyone ??

TougeLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #705
TougeLabs
Premium Member

TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Forgot to mention this is a s14 intake manifold and the throttle body faces downward.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:04 AM   #706
blu808
Post Whore!

Dis: Thats some baller ass tig work there.

TougeLabs:
Thats a badass manifold.
I have no idea on the coils though. I would have to see it on the car.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:57 AM   #707
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Great work Dis!!

More info on that mani Joe (sorry!!1!one!)! Looks great, as long as it fits

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com

Last edited by GSXRJJordan; 06-23-2008 at 02:07 PM..
Old 06-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #708
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Thanks guys and its Joe GSXR lol...what are you interested in knowing about the manifold ?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:09 PM   #709
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Fixed it, sorry!

The manifold looks like a much cheaper way to go than a Greddy IM, with potentially more tunability because you can change the stacks... does that even matter though with forced induction? I know on bikes changing the stacks makes a huge diff with how the bike breathes.

And do they make a high-port version for the S13 head? I'd imagine it'd be easier to fit that huge plenum/throttle body/4" 90* elbow on a S13 head than the S14 head

What kind of gains do you see on the dyno (and in what rpm range)? It seems like that design would have all 4 cylinders breathing evenly (so no lean condition on #4 like some manifolds), and give you a nice kick in the middle and top like SR's need... so someone could stay with small duration cams (to help spool up a big turbo) and yet throw that mani on and get a nice top end. <== *speculation/curiousity*

And the all-mighty factor... how much $$$?

Old 06-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #710
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Ok no idea about most of that. I know it would be more expensive then the Greddy.This has a lot of time behind it. We can do a high-port deff for a s13 the whole fitting factor is tight i may do some changes on it. Ill do an update when i can walk "Broken Calcanus " Heel..lol But yea the manifold is cool cause you can actually change the plenum tank so were going to dyno it with the centerline and the reg plenum style everyone else seems to run. The whole idea for this manifold was to run longer runners but space is an issue so I may do some changing around on the next manifold. Ill keep you guys updated though deff. And the fuel rails as well as the solid mounts are now finished.
Are you a jordan race team fan ? I used to work for Richie Alexander
Old 06-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #711
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Dis: That;s some amazing work. Although some of the welds LOOK like they were a TINY bit dirty... Beautiful consistency otherwise.

Touge: Baller ass mani... that is all
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #712
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Exclamation

So Im an idiot... When I mocked up the plenum and i did it with out the master bolted up. For you normal guys with LHD this would not be an issue so either i cut this plenum or do something else Fancy I may just sell this set up if anyone would be interested. I think an even million i would let it go So that nice plenum thats all shiny! Needs to be F*$ked with Im thinking about bringing the manifold upward with S style runners I dont know honestly the only thing i do know is that I am an idiot.

Also Tougelabs Solid motor and trans mounts are great

Last edited by TougeLabs; 06-25-2008 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: cause im an idiot.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #713
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Atutt Thank you for saying baller thats exactly what it is....Ill keep you posted guys on my build up.

O the MSD is going to be mounted ontop of the fuel rail.no other options
Old 06-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #714
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Hey guys im curious I want to ask before i blow 100$ to the trash. Can an intercooler core be cut in half and say make 2 intercoolers out of it. ofcourse new end tanks will be fabbed up along with it. but want ot know because i can't find the core size i want and i found the perfect intercooler to cut down the middle and make the FMIC set up for my Z32.

-Juan

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:10 AM   #715
TougeLabs
Premium Member

B4 you go ahead and cut shit and what not check out Garrett they sell tons of cores. You can cut a core and make two but in all honesty I would try harder sourcing out the core you need.

What size core ? I will talk to Garrett if you want and see if they can do something for you.

Let me know
Old 06-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #716
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
Dis: That;s some amazing work. Although some of the welds LOOK like they were a TINY bit dirty... Beautiful consistency otherwise.

Touge: Baller ass mani... that is all
hehe yea, some of the welds were a bit contaminated, but welding out in the garage(my garage opens up towards the sun from around 1 pm till sun down, so the sun is shining in the garage) in around 94 degrees weather with parts of the pipe sticking in your face or hard to get a comfy position was really starting to annoy me. all in all, i had fun with it. i know, there shouldnt be any excuses, just need more practice.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #717
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Ok so i cant sleep...I am pretty certain I need a Trunk mounted radiator, Even though i dont really need one. But year Anyone running one ? any ideas ?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:35 AM   #718
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLabs View Post
Ok so i cant sleep...I am pretty certain I need a Trunk mounted radiator, Even though i dont really need one. But year Anyone running one ? any ideas ?
what car is this for? if you have any pics of some thats already done, maybe we can work off that.

this may sound dumb, but what is it used for? assuming this isnt a mid/rear engine car.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:24 AM   #719
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
this thread makes me feel dumb and useless to society

if only someone would employ me and teach me stuff like this, i was always interested in fabbing up stuff.

great work here guys! keep the pics coming...
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #720
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisEpyon View Post
what car is this for? if you have any pics of some thats already done, maybe we can work off that.

this may sound dumb, but what is it used for? assuming this isnt a mid/rear engine car.

Its for my S14. I wish i could find the picture of the Weld S14 to show you.