Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #721
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruptR View Post

There are no plans for that yet, as budget doesnt allow for it, but some form of SR. I can see myself spending 30,000 to complete the interior. After that is semi done, (Ill probably get the seat/harness/fire last) I want to get the aero done, diffusers and under tray and other things. Next would be drivetrain, diff update, axels, driveshaft, clutch, 6speed sequential. Ill have a year or more to think about engine management and an engine. The car right now has everything I need to get it driving, it will get updated when budget allows. I own 6 Vehicles, I'm thinking about selling some to pay for this build.
Great plan focus on what is needed to make the car perform well. Worry about power later. I cant wait to see what you have in mind for aero. what gear box are you planing on doing? Awesome plans so far.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #722
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this is Ballin' out of control, this s13 is going to be like a cost of a GT3 RS when its done

KuruptR, you should sell me some of your oe interior parts if you don't need them anymore lol
jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #723
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR
so what your telling me is should give up and get a GT3 RS.

I'm an oem parts hoarder, still need to build a street hatch one day.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #724
Hoonigan19
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Hoonigan19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy!your garage is to die for!
Hoonigan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:34 AM   #725
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection

Harness assembly begins. I will be rewiring all the lights, fan switches and fuel pumps to individual outputs on the Motec PDM. All wiring will be shrunk tubed and sealed, using motorsport grade wire protection and management. I must plan this out carefully because I only have 16 outputs on the PDM, the entire car including motor must function off these. The PDM has 8 - 8 amp and 8 - 20 amp outputs.

Most of the wiring is new, where the main harness is spec 55 wiring and sub harnesses may use oem wiring and connectors. I didnt feel the need to get new connectors as they are just lights. The PDM and the built harness can basically be transferred to any car, you would just have to make new sub-harnesses. This is where these Deutsch connectors come into play. Most motorsport electronics use some form of Deutsch connector ie. Cosworth Display/Motec PDM has a built in Deutsch Autosport quick connector receptacles, and the Racegrade keypad would use one of these connectors. You would just order the corresponding side and wire it up according to the data sheet included with the device. Of course they require you to get expensive specific crimping tools.

Finished spec 55 wired sensor sub-harness for the Cosworth display.

Trying to figure out why the CAN Bus I made wasnt working with Motec - East Help line. They have some pretty awesome support and got me sorted up in moments.

Interior Harness

Injector Harness construction with some extra supplies I had. Most of the engine wiring was done 10 years ago, so i figure I get rid of that electrical tape. It will all get re-done, when I upgrade the ecu and harness. So lets just say its practice.

Once again, bored. Got rid of the e-tape.
The wiring on the car is almost done, the PDM is working, its programmed. I tested all the outputs, keypad is functioning. Because the Display is wired into the PDM I need to get it working before I can finish it up and move it into the car to see if it will work with the ecu/engine.

Because the Cosworth display is fairly new, there are many issues, now I'm their guinea pig. I have probably exchanged a few hundred emails with their engineers in attempt to get it running, but there is always some sort of issue. Right now none of the sensors are working because the sensor voltage output is not working, guessing its a firmware issue. Right now I am waiting for them to send me a firmware update or solution to get my sensors up.

Arai GP6-S
Iv began to order some of the required safety equipment that will be required. Starting with the helmet as its one of the more pricer items.

I recently talked to Helmart about getting a helmet done, drawing inspiration from my car and a few other things i suggested. After some idea exchanges the ball is rolling.
I placed order for the helmet which is in Japan, It will be shipped directly to Helmart in New Zealand to get sprayed, then shipped to Canada.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:06 AM   #726
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^^^That guy does crazy good work.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #727
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
glad to see a new breath of life in this!
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #728
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
^^^That guy does crazy good work.
Seriously! I can't wait to see the design!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #729
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Yah cant wait for the helmet myself. Someone asked why the change of direction? I got bored, I honestly drove it a few times a year, it just wasn't fun any more. I got into Euros and harley's trying to find that joy I used to have when building a car. I couldn't sell the car, canadian market flooded with these 180sx's imported from overseas. Doing this bolt-on nick nack bs was getting old , it was fun when I was young and all I was capable of doing with cash flow I had. I figure if I enjoy building, tear down and start-over with a direction that would challenge me, learn a few things and consume a little time.

I went through this entire thread, and revised it slightly. Fixed Dead image links, and added a lot of missed images.

Last edited by kuruptR; 12-18-2014 at 09:53 PM..
kuruptR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #730
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Works, Fabulous Expands, Te's, 57 Optimize, SSR Professors, Wed Kranze, Weds and back to Te's.
8th set of wheels are here, hope i dont feel a sudden urge to get another set of professors.

I paid 3200 for my original set of TE's back in 2006. Today they costed me $4,000 for a option color.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #731
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Why not ZE40?
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:35 PM   #732
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Look is a big part, i want to keep the classic styling.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #733
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Glad they showed up man, going to look super nice.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #734
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Quote:

Works, Fabulous Expands, Te's, 57 Optimize, SSR Professors, Wed Kranze, Weds and back to Te's.
8th set of wheels are here, hope i dont feel a sudden urge to get another set of professors.

I paid 3200 for my original set of TE's back in 2006. Today they costed me $4,000 for a option color.
Nice, 18x9.5s +12 all the way around? I'm running that setup on my s13 and love it.
va240dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:23 PM   #735
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by va240dude View Post
Nice, 18x9.5s +12 all the way around? I'm running that setup on my s13 and love it.
Yeah 265/30 or 265/35 all around

Optional Gloss Black 18x9.5 +12. Order with OG black logos but sent me the blue ones, they will send the black ones separately
Old 12-21-2014, 05:46 PM   #736
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
The weight page needs to b stickied for reference purposes. Nice work!
Old 12-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #737
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

Awesome choice in rims! I'm a bit bias though, but it's a solid favourite of mine.

And I feel you on the strong Yen versus everything else. The prices of everything really have been rising over the years. Hopefully the increase in the nation's consumption tax, and current economy will cool it down a bit.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #738
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Test fit the wheel on the rear, Fitment is very aggressive with too much stick out. Will be tough to get in a 265/35/18. I will be ordering LCA from GKtech to bring the wheel in, will most likely need a new rear upper controller as the PBM unit doesnt pull enough neg camber to get the wheel in. I have already purchased Gktechs crazy rear upright.

What the rest of the wheels are doing.

Steering wheel display. Parts all around the house right now, its a good way to hide or store stuff. Especially when its cool motorsports junk.

Keypad is all programmed, So I can throw the labels on. Still undecided what to do with last two outputs or buttons, will leave those spaces unlabeled till i can figure things out.

Cut out the dash for keypad placement.

Cosworth display powered all wired with sensors but having issues with sensor output power. Will send back the unit for testing after the holidays.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #739
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Great to see you updating this!!!
I am sure this will be amazing.
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:10 PM   #740
like_em_sidewayzz
Leaky Injector

like_em_sidewayzz is an unknown quantity at this point
best build around hands down ! sure you can buy a gt3 with the money you put in this but it will NEVER be the same as a car you build yourself. hard to believe this quality of a build is in my city. cant wait to see it in person one day
like_em_sidewayzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #741
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Small update, I have slowed down on the build. Funds have tightened up, i have 3 builds on the go and it can get expensive. This being the most expensive one :/

Cosworth got me a new cluster and while they had it I ordered their Solid state relay (battery Isolator). This relay was beyond expensive. Ugh.

Rear Suspension Setup arrival, New Rear nuckels and more. Will have pics of the install later, Will try to cram those 265 on 9.5's under those stock fenders with this setup.

My Helmart Painted Helmet, Its currently in new zealand but Tyler sent me pics of the completed product.

Street fighter inspired. From ken on the top, the JDM GVS license plate on the back in SF font, Quotes, and blue super meter on the sides.

Arai GP6-S with Hans posts. Will be getting hans devices, seats and harness will also be compatible.

The projects that are hoggin some of the funds.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #742
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Nice KuruptR! I absolutely love the Cosworth setup. If you don't mind me asking, where did you source the connectors and Raychem loom protection? I thought about going through PRS but wasn't sure if there is a "one stop shop" for everything. Keep up the fantastic build!!
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #743
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Nice KuruptR! I absolutely love the Cosworth setup. If you don't mind me asking, where did you source the connectors and Raychem loom protection? I thought about going through PRS but wasn't sure if there is a "one stop shop" for everything. Keep up the fantastic build!!
have used a few different sources for stuff, mainly motec, mouser, and ebay for tools, some connectors and other related things.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:58 PM   #744
lg54
Zilvia Member

lg54 is an unknown quantity at this point
subd! greatt work
lg54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #745
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Inspiration bump
OutlawLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:17 AM   #746
Gr1mey_Norm
Leaky Injector

Gr1mey_Norm is a well-known jackass
I hate you bc i just witnessed the second coming, now its over!!!!
Gr1mey_Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:10 AM   #747
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

I finally decided to get some pipe and bend it up, been real lazy Iv been trying to save up for a pretty decent tube bender from baileigh but all these cars are killing the budget on the s13.

I cut out the cabin on cardboard for the hoop so I could get a tight fit. Took it a couple times to bend out the right shape.

http://s25.photobucket.com/user/bitc...l.jpg.html?o=4

Trying to replicate the angles on both sides isnt easy.

I have decided to abandon the idea of having a competitive Type-X Time attack car. I was gonna widen the metal fenders to squeeze in the 265/35/18s. I have ordered up a bunch of equipment and will be building the entire front body out of carbon. I will most likely be going with carbon doors and trunk, and if my carbon skills become decent the trunk floor/roof/and hood will also go carbon.

I have dug up the old G-grow type-x replica bumper and will be using that for the mold. So the front will still be type x influenced.

Testing fitting the volks up front to see how much of the unibody will need to be cut. Also will need the wheels as a template for the new fenders.

Sorry for the lack of updates, this is one of those long term projects.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:19 AM   #748
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
amazing build that just keeps getting better
Old 05-28-2015, 09:56 AM   #749
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Seriously one of the best s13's ever. In my opinion its as cool as Koguchi's and itai's joints.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:49 AM   #750
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
awesome build bro!
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote