Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #871
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
S@nt0s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignMuscle View Post
No joke.

I watched a hot rod magazine episode where they made 1200bhp with a junkyard 4.8 and a cx racing single turbo kit.

I want to go turbo lsx. 4 cylinders are too damn expensive.
you guys forget how easy power doesnt =fast.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #872
Briou
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Briou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@nt0s View Post
that was confusing to read.
the way i did mine was i pluged one of the front outputs (rear plug) and ran 1 feed to the linelock and then tee'd the linelock into 2 lines to the factory hard lines
Right this is what I plan on doing but the factory line ends are 10mmx1.0 and the only linelock solenoids I can find are 1/8in NPT correct? I can't seem to find the adapters to go from 10mmx1.0 to 1/8in NPT
Briou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #873
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
heck, I wouldn't mind installing a line lock setup on my 240...
Seraphim38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #874
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briou View Post
Right this is what I plan on doing but the factory line ends are 10mmx1.0 and the only linelock solenoids I can find are 1/8in NPT correct? I can't seem to find the adapters to go from 10mmx1.0 to 1/8in NPT
i built my own if i can find the reciept i can tell you exacly what i got.

1 plug to rear port
1 adaptor from metric to -3an
1 -3an brake line to line lock
1 -3an to npt
1 T npt to -3
2 -3 brake lines to factory hardline with Metric ends

or just buy the kit mazworx sells but its marked up you can build it for far less
Old 02-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #875
Stumped

Trader Rating: (0)
Stumped is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
It cant hurt!
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #876
ForeignMuscle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
ForeignMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
If you spend the cash right it can. For what I have in my setup I could have copied something along these lines...

Video: Turbocharged 4.8L Swapped Nissan Runs 9.18, Looking For 8′s | Dragzine
ForeignMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #877
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
If you spend the cash right it can. For what I have in my setup I could have copied something along these lines...

Video: Turbocharged 4.8L Swapped Nissan Runs 9.18, Looking For 8′s | Dragzine
cant see it at work. you have to take into acount many factors to me throwing in a big motor is a sissy way or going fast. kuz at the end of the day you will when half the motor walks you and your scartcing your head like WTF lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
It cant hurt!
actually it can you will get your ass handled to you by a car with 1/3 the power and wonder why.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #878
Stumped

Quote:
cant see it at work. you have to take into acount many factors to me throwing in a big motor is a sissy way or going fast. kuz at the end of the day you will when half the motor walks you and your scartcing your head like WTF lol

actually it can you will get your ass handled to you by a car with 1/3 the power and wonder why.
You may be the first person that I've ever seen that didnt want more power. Thats what hot rodding is all about. I dont mind at all when a cars engine is half the size of mine and is faster than me because I know that they have alot of money into their car.

I have always been that person that builds too much motor. Its all about power management. I dont even have all the timing in on my nova untill 400', and I dont care one bit if a 4cly car is faster than mine.

I've been around long enough to know that I will never have the fastest shit. There will always be someone faster. Thats why I built a big block. Its cheaper and more reliable for me to make 1600 hp with my setup than with anything else. Plus its a pump gas street car.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #879
ForeignMuscle
Zilvia Addict

Lol at the end of the day your ten grand 4 banger will not beat a ten grand ls turbo car. This sounds like a case of little man syndrome. Im sorry but the ls platform is so cheap now that if you love 4 cylinders thats cool but 1/3 the power beating me, seriously? Any over powered chassis can cause drama going down the 1320 but consistently, no your 500hp 4 banger will not beat a 750hp turbo'd ls from the junkyard that has 1/3 of the cash your 4 banger has. Representing the little guy is fine, but use your head man. I see 40k dollar hondas running 8s. I see the guy in my link running 9.1 for around 10k...
Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #880
jholman05
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jholman05
I can see the sides of both arguments here. Where I really find my satisfaction is not trying to be the fastest person out there, but being the most efficient person. Everyone can appreciate something that's not supposed to be as fast as it is right?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #881
Stumped

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholman05 View Post
I can see the sides of both arguments here. Where I really find my satisfaction is not trying to be the fastest person out there, but being the most efficient person. Everyone can appreciate something that's not supposed to be as fast as it is right?
No doubt!

I think the main advantage of the ls engines is the power you can make on the stock internals. A $300 engine with a $250 ebay gt-45 is really cheap, and if you slip up on tune and pop one there is no use crying over it. I just like going fast lol. Once you crack em open and rebuilt them you lost the biggest advantage to them.

No point on us hating on each other in here because from what I've found is the majority of the people on any of the jdm forums look down on drag racing ls or not.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #882
ForeignMuscle
Zilvia Addict

There's no argument. I understand exactly where Santos is coming from. He has said several times that he'll stay 4 cylinder forever and I respect that.

Now telling me that big power is going to get beat by less power in the same chassis is just wrong. I know how cool it is to stroll a ZO6's ass in just a 325hp car. I also know that a lot of times the high powered cars are over thought and heavy often times having traction issues. Ten years ago you could have talked all the smack you wanted about v8's if you had a 500whp 4 cylinder. The cost of v8's was outrageous as far as modifications and parts were concerned.

Nowadays, I can throw a stock LS 4.8, 5.3, or 6.0 in my car for the same price a bone stock sr20det swap cost. I can spend the same money on the turbo kit for the LS have it dyno tuned on the FACTORY COMPUTER and there is no saying that a 4 cylinder with a third of the power will even come close to beating it. 600-800whp on a stock block and still gets the same out-of-boost gas mileage as a 4 cylinder. Did I even mention torque??

I love my 4 cylinder and I will always keep at least one in my fleet, but people get too emotional with all the fuck v8's this and that. There is no replacement for displacement at this point in time so get used to it. You can bolt as many parts to a 4 cylinder as you want and I guarantee that the same thing is available for me to bolt on to a v8 and it will always make more power.

Anyone who knows what they are doing will always be faster with more power.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #883
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

i have been around longer then a majority here and have seen everything and know anything is possible. but to im the first to say i didnt want more power is far fetched.

again more power doesnt mean faster etc. reliabilty comes into play, proper building etc. i fyou wanna play that route go hang out at homemadeturbo those guys live for that crap.
im not hating on v6/v8 or anything of that sort.
if someone wants to run around and talk about how much power they have or how cheap their set up is by al means go ahead its your car your project. I like a budget build just like the next person but you cant be competitive that way.
to each their own
Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #884
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
There's no argument. I understand exactly where Santos is coming from. He has said several times that he'll stay 4 cylinder forever and I respect that.

Now telling me that big power is going to get beat by less power in the same chassis is just wrong. I know how cool it is to stroll a ZO6's ass in just a 325hp car. I also know that a lot of times the high powered cars are over thought and heavy often times having traction issues. Ten years ago you could have talked all the smack you wanted about v8's if you had a 500whp 4 cylinder. The cost of v8's was outrageous as far as modifications and parts were concerned.

Nowadays, I can throw a stock LS 4.8, 5.3, or 6.0 in my car for the same price a bone stock sr20det swap cost. I can spend the same money on the turbo kit for the LS have it dyno tuned on the FACTORY COMPUTER and there is no saying that a 4 cylinder with a third of the power will even come close to beating it. 600-800whp on a stock block and still gets the same out-of-boost gas mileage as a 4 cylinder. Did I even mention torque??

I love my 4 cylinder and I will always keep at least one in my fleet, but people get too emotional with all the fuck v8's this and that. There is no replacement for displacement at this point in time so get used to it. You can bolt as many parts to a 4 cylinder as you want and I guarantee that the same thing is available for me to bolt on to a v8 and it will always make more power.

Anyone who knows what they are doing will always be faster with more power.

i know my place and my place has been with my 4 bangers, will i do a bigger motor YES i will in fact my plans are for a 1UZ swap project maybe next year for the street.

even in this day we run against high dollar V8's with our backyard built car and make far less power then them yet we keep throwing punches. ive been around the block more then once and seen things from every angle possible my heart is with the under dog 4 bangers and yes i know power can be made easier and sometimes cheaper with a I6/v6/v8 but what fun is that and wheres the challange in that.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #885
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
The thing with v8 is you will be classed in domestic not import. Running with big boys with big budget. Deep pocket win here.
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #886
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurud View Post
The thing with v8 is you will be classed in domestic not import. Running with big boys with big budget. Deep pocket win here.
another true point, we are forced to run with the big boys with their V8's and still competitive and those guys dont have a $300 junkyard motor and ebay turbo if it was that easy everyone would have it at the track
Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #887
ForeignMuscle
Zilvia Addict

I know where you're coming from man. No disrespect was given.

My opinion was from a weekend warrior standpoint as well. Not an amateur or professional circuit.

It will always be more rewarding to look over at the finish line to see a driver with twice the displacement looking at you like "how the hell did you get here?"

Santos, any updates on your current project car?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #888
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I know where you're coming from man. No disrespect was given.

My opinion was from a weekend warrior standpoint as well. Not an amateur or professional circuit.

It will always be more rewarding to look over at the finish line to see a driver with twice the displacement looking at you like "how the hell did you get here?"

Santos, any updates on your current project car?
of course i see it from both points

the corolla is coming along little by little just been busy with house, family and fab work for customers. its getting there tho hope to have it all buttoned up and ready for IFO vegas in May which just got moved so i lost 2 weeks already LOL.
also since you bring it up this car will be built with less then $5k and project it will run in the low 9's lol
Old 02-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #889
2000gtx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
2000gtx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i see it from both sides myself...i love 4 cyl turbo...especially sr20 but the chevy ls is a awesome package for horsepower now if we are talking street racing nobody cares what your loyal too on the street but at the dragstrip different story i would like to build a 6.0 single turbo ls with a g force trans in a s13 myself ...easy 1000 hp...but i do appreciate a good running 4 cyl...santos you almost ready?... wish i could say the same with our cars....
2000gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #890
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gtx View Post
i see it from both sides myself...i love 4 cyl turbo...especially sr20 but the chevy ls is a awesome package for horsepower now if we are talking street racing nobody cares what your loyal too on the street but at the dragstrip different story i would like to build a 6.0 single turbo ls with a g force trans in a s13 myself ...easy 1000 hp...but i do appreciate a good running 4 cyl...santos you almost ready?... wish i could say the same with our cars....
the corolla is coming along little by little, no changes to my dads just playing with the ams1000 to dial in the 60ft. once we can get a consistant 1.30 or better 60ft we will better our 8.80 pass.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #891
krysknowles
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
krysknowles is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
krysknowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #892
Vetal
Leaky Injector

Vetal is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow that is nice
Old 03-14-2013, 03:09 AM   #893
90RedCoupe

90RedCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn. This orange hatch looks awesome!
90RedCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #894
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
Just curious where do you guys find L series engine for 300.00. Over here junkyard want 1500.00 just for long block with 200,000 mile in it.
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #895
ForeignMuscle
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysknowles View Post
Holy shit.....

That is, by far, my new pick for the sickest looking 240 I have seen.

Is that sunset orange metallic??

And tell us the setup please!!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #896
2js1392
Leaky Injector

2js1392 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow

Wow that car is amazing +1 on the setup
2js1392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #897
krysknowles
Leaky Injector

1jzgte with r154 trans...
BC 272 cams/springs+retainers, ID1000cc, precision 6765bb, ACT clutch and fly, AEM series 2 for mk4 supra, driftmotion intake and exh manis, garrett 1000hp intercooler, dual 044 bosch pumps, 10 gal fuel cell, ARP head studs, custom engine harness, custom 3.5 exh system, cusco lsd, driveshaft shop shaft, and more

Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #898
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Love it....those rims are sex but they are expensive. Car looks amazing.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #899
krysknowles
Leaky Injector

i wouldnt say they are THAT expensive
Old 03-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #900
slow92
Zilvia Junkie