Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
VR Wheels

Hey guys wanted to share my experience with VR Wheels. I have since sold my 240sx, but I know many of you guys are constantly buying JDM wheels. So im hoping this write up can help if you out, if you're on the fence about using this company....
VR Wheels WebStore, Presented By VR Motoring

The prices overall were reasonable and they offer quite a selection of rare wheels imported from Japan. From what I have seen they are constantly getting in new shipments of wheels in and sell them through an easy to use online web store. Inventory is automatically updated and wheels purchased immediately go offline to prevent error. I've seen many mixed reviews on this company and I decided to just bite the bullet and see what happens. Large photo's of the "actual" wheels you will be receiving are shown so you can check for condition yourself via pics before checking out. So I then found the set of wheels I wanted and went for it.

Communication: I have only dealt with Jack the owner directly, he was very respectful and prompt and told me what I needed to do in order to get my wheels shipped out. I followed up with him the same day and he wound up prepping and shipping out the wheels also on the same day. (Ordered July 4th, shipped July, 8th awesome considering holiday closing schedule)

Shipping & Packaging: I took some photo's of what I received...

Box 1-

Box 2-

Inside:
There was two wheels to a box separated by cardboard with saran wrapped lips to prevent damage. There was also about 5 shipping straps securing the two wheels together to prevent them from moving around during transit...

After unloading, I inspected the lips and faces and I was very satisfied as the wheels I received were just as described with no damage during shipping and overall pretty sweet condition.

I am no way affiliated with VR Wheels, just wanted to write up and share my experiences with people out there that are on the fence about this company just like I was. When I was searching there was very mixed reviews out there and I'm hoping this can help others. I can honestly say that I am extremely satisfied with my transaction and wheels and would definitely business with this company again should I need anymore wheels.

-Michael
Old 07-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
NordicMistBB6
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
NordicMistBB6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I bought wheels through them also. Packaged the same and everything. They do good machining to since I had to have the center bore opened up. I highly recommend them also.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
NordicMistBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
dawagarage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
ive lost count of how many wheels ive bought from them, but it was always a good experience. good prices and great shipping

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #4
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Been doing business with VR for about 5 years now (they have changed their business name 2 times since then).

Great service, better prices, and cool workers.

Only issues I have found was miscommunication. I've had 2 times where I asked specifically for something to be done and the opposite was displayed during pick-up. Shit happens so I am not mad. Just had to wait a tad longer to get what I wanted. No issues with that either.

Just be sure 100% what you want and put it on document for them.

Case in point:

I asked for a face to be painted a special color, due to miscommunication. They assumed I asked for the face to be painted and the spokes/rivet area to be painted a neutral color. I corrected this and demanded it be done correctly.

They obliged and I am loving life. Would def do more service again.

Overall for an asian backed automotive company, their customer service is good.
mogli9000 is offline   Reply With Quote