Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #721
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
That ad is fucking stupid

this is the message the NRA needs to be sending
MRCOLIONNOIR: President Obamas Executive Order Signing Speech - YouTube
Well I know it is not the best ad but you get the idea what the point is.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #722
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Texas is trolling the fuck out of New York

Attorney general's Web campaign invites N.Y. gun-lovers to 'move to Texas' | National Politics and Election News - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #723
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
LOL That's what Glenn Beck has been saying to N.Y people for years.. Move to Texas !!
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #724
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The other factor I'd love these idiots to show would be - how many killed by guns would still have been killed - just by other means.

Do they have any statical information showing that had the CT shooter only had a Mini-14 witha 7rd mag he would have only killed 4 or 5 kids?

Would a raging husband who just caught his wife getting smashed by some dood be like "it's cool bro, tag me in when your done - since I don't have a gun anymore"?

Would gang bangers and drug pushers be like "fuck, no more Gats? I guess we'll just sue you in court for disrespect and unlike you on facebook bitch"

If we could just get rid of DC and Puerto Rico our world standing would rise by a sold 1 point.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #725
ReEducation
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
ReEducation is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
1.The other factor I'd love these idiots to show would be - how many killed by guns would still have been killed - just by other means.

2.Do they have any statical information showing that had the CT shooter only had a Mini-14 witha 7rd mag he would have only killed 4 or 5 kids?

3.Would a raging husband who just caught his wife getting smashed by some dood be like "it's cool bro, tag me in when your done - since I don't have a gun anymore"?

4.Would gang bangers and drug pushers be like "fuck, no more Gats? I guess we'll just sue you in court for disrespect and unlike you on facebook bitch"

5.If we could just get rid of DC and Puerto Rico our world standing would rise by a sold 1 point.
I numbered your statements to answer them briefly

1. It's much easier to combat a different form of weapon that isn't a gun. Other weapons (not including explosives), generally require more skill/stealth. I.E You can't stab someone from 10ft away. But we will never have data to prove/disprove this unless studies were to be done in US cities that have banned guns because our culture is drastically different from the rest of the world.

2. I don't see how there can be any statistical data on this subject. There's so much BS circulating the web about the whole incident anyway, do we even really know what happened? But again, without a gun it would've taken a lot more work to carry out the same awful slayings that were reported in the school massacre. If he had had a knife instead could he have been stopped more easily?

3. If you're going to argue against gun control with this as one of your arguments... Well good luck to you sir

4. How are you going to ban guns that are illegally owned anyway? This deals with a whole different issue that is another lost cause (The War on Drugs). Black Market profits from drugs enable "thugs" to be able to afford Black Market prices on firearms. So if we legalized drugs across the board, it would solve everything, right?

5. So maybe we should just discharge Detroit too, huh? And LA and Chicago. Better yet, just have the federal government allow secession and disband the whole fucking union. Fuck the Civil War, fuck America, fuck it all.

All that being said, I'm a firearm owner and reserve my right to own them. Our society is so fucked anyway I don't think it really matters what happens anymore. Just some food for thought.
ReEducation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #726
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReEducation View Post
I numbered your statements to answer them briefly

1. It's much easier to combat a different form of weapon that isn't a gun. Other weapons (not including explosives), generally require more skill/stealth. I.E You can't stab someone from 10ft away. But we will never have data to prove/disprove this unless studies were to be done in US cities that have banned guns because our culture is drastically different from the rest of the world.

2. I don't see how there can be any statistical data on this subject. There's so much BS circulating the web about the whole incident anyway, do we even really know what happened? But again, without a gun it would've taken a lot more work to carry out the same awful slayings that were reported in the school massacre. If he had had a knife instead could he have been stopped more easily?

3. If you're going to argue against gun control with this as one of your arguments... Well good luck to you sir

4. How are you going to ban guns that are illegally owned anyway? This deals with a whole different issue that is another lost cause (The War on Drugs). Black Market profits from drugs enable "thugs" to be able to afford Black Market prices on firearms. So if we legalized drugs across the board, it would solve everything, right?

5. So maybe we should just discharge Detroit too, huh? And LA and Chicago. Better yet, just have the federal government allow secession and disband the whole fucking union. Fuck the Civil War, fuck America, fuck it all.

All that being said, I'm a firearm owner and reserve my right to own them. Our society is so fucked anyway I don't think it really matters what happens anymore. Just some food for thought.

1. I disagree. Gun Controllers want to push this notion that it's some how significantly harder to kill someone without a legally owned gun.You would just need to be more creative. Bats, axes, shovels and poisons all work wonderfully. If you know the victim, their screwed.

2. You assume he would have carried out his mass killing with a knife?

This was a rental truck and some fertilizer.

This was some pipes, ball-bearings and gun powder - 14 people killed, dozen+ wounded.

3. It's a legit argument. Only 25% of gun crime is committed by the legal owner. 16-25% are stolen firearms, 56% are borrowed or straw-buyer firearms. I suspect those 25% are crimes of passion primarily. Murder is Murder. You can take away the best tool, but is someone wants you dead, their still going to kill you.

4. I'm all for legalizing drugs. However that won't solve crime in American. People will still mug, rob, steal, beat, attack, and ect.

5. My point is - it's already illegal to own a gun in Peuto Rico and DC. While most states average 4 murders per 100,000, some even under 1 per 100,000. DC and PR are both in the mid 20's. Hell DC even broke into the 30's a few years ago. Luckily, no numbers have been released since Obama took office.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #727
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
There are some many reasons why gun control is not the solution that if you don't see it now, you never will.

If you can honestly look me in the face and say that banning a pistol grip on a rifle will save lives, or limiting the size of a magazine will save lives, I don't what to tell you...

The people who are out for blood will just bring extra magazines, while the people who are using it for defense probably only have one on hand.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #728
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
I'll find the article that said Lanza left half full mags in the hallway. He was reloading COD style before each room so he didn't use the full 30.
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/adam-l...r-new-details/

check these idiots
Additions to be made to gun laws for law enforcement | 7online.com

"You can't give more ammo to the criminals"

No shit you fucking hypocrite pigs. They just admitted that criminals will not obey the 7 round limit so cops can't be expected to enforce the law against them with only 7 rounds. Well how about law abiding citizens trying to defend themselves against these criminals?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #729
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You guys should take all the debate to LOUD NOISES.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #730
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
^ yeah, it has diverged, a little.

Back on topic, I bought a Glock 35 last Friday. I am impressed but not blown away, it is very accurate though. I shot 165 grain Federals and gonna try some 135s and 180s to see how those feel.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #731
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
^ yeah, it has diverged, a little.

Back on topic, I bought a Glock 35 last Friday. I am impressed but not blown away, it is very accurate though. I shot 165 grain Federals and gonna try some 135s and 180s to see how those feel.
I really like the 357 sig myself. I fired my G33 last weekend for the first time and I'm going again to the range this sunday with 155 grain and a mag extension cover for my pinky.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #732
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
You guys should take all the debate to LOUD NOISES.
Thread started for gun control talk
http://zilvia.net/f/loud-noises/4989...iscussion.html
Old 01-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #733
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQHWTfFV3Vc
Old 01-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #734
dtfdanyo
Zilvia Addict

dtfdanyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally had some 9mm Federal FMJ at my local Walmart. Took what I needed (200 rds) and texted my friends about it. Didn't want to be a hoarding douche bag.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #735
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

3 weeks ago at the Atlanta gun show AR-15's were running at an average of $1,500. This weekend at the Marietta gun show I didn't see one for less than $2,200. AR stripped lowers for $350+, All glock mags were $75 and up and no one was buying. These fucking dealers are hoarding and I bet when this shit blows over their prices will plummet.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #736
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
3 weeks ago at the Atlanta gun show AR-15's were running at an average of $1,500. This weekend at the Marietta gun show I didn't see one for less than $2,200. AR stripped lowers for $350+, All glock mags were $75 and up and no one was buying. These fucking dealers are hoarding and I bet when this shit blows over their prices will plummet.
I'm betting it doesnt blow over.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #737
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I'm betting it doesnt blow over.
It's only a matter of time before supply catches up to demand. When that happens the bubble will burst.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #738
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's only a matter of time before supply catches up to demand. When that happens the bubble will burst.
I'm talking about the whole Ban issue. Everyone thought Healthcare would blow over as well. They didn't even vote on it.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #739
Corbic
Post Whore!

So who is into Revolvers?

I've been thinking of getting a Cap & Ball recently, but then I think maybe I should just get a black-powder, then it becomes a 1860 Colt Army and before you know it I'm just dreaming of a Python or 686.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #740
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
I love them! I have a 45-70 5 shooter and it's a damn hand cannon. Ill get a pic posted up tonight of it
Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #741
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
A couple weeks ago, Magpul put the word out that PMAGs broke the 1 million on back order mark, and they're just ONE manufacturer of 30 rd AR mags.

It's going to be awhile until it catches up.

Academy Sports has also started to hike up prices on AR15's, according to a close friend of mine that works the gun counter at a nearby store.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #742
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
A couple weeks ago, Magpul put the word out that PMAGs broke the 1 million on back order mark, and they're just ONE manufacturer of 30 rd AR mags.

It's going to be awhile until it catches up.

Academy Sports has also started to hike up prices on AR15's, according to a close friend of mine that works the gun counter at a nearby store.
Yeah, POS Tapco AK mags that once could be had for $7 a pop are going for $28 now.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #743
MuteTurkey
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
MuteTurkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love revolvers. Shot a couple .357 for the first time couple weekends ago. They were deadly accurate, put it right where I aimed. Can't wait to get one someday.

Picked up my first handgun on my birthday last month. Glock 30. Absolutely love it.
MuteTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #744
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #745
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #746
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Not sure if this has been posted.
Keith Ratliff Dead: FPSRussia YouTube Channel Producer Shot In Apparent Homicide, Georgia Police Say
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #747
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_s13 View Post
Some irony there. A lot of good all his guns did him for self defense.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #748
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Some irony there. A lot of good all his guns did him for self defense.
If you watch some of his videos. The actor (his buddy) blows cars up literally within 15 yards away with no Kevlar or protective barrier.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #749
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
I thought this is the gun thread? Not the 'cry and bitch about things related to guns in the news' thread.

Obligatory pic:

Old 01-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #750
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Just got my hands on a gp100 6" .357 and its a beast
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote