Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #4501
Jfitzg38
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Jfitzg38 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
My names james, from Southc side chicago. Lurked here forever, made an account a while ago and finally scooped my project s13 up a few months back

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Jfitzg38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #4502
Modest

Trader Rating: (0)
Modest is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hello to all, my name is Modesto I live in Austin, Tx. My first silvia was a 1984 s12 5spd , with the digital cluster and voice warning system, that my dad gave me and he picked up for $700. It was pretty rad only had 69k on it, I daily drove it for about 5 years and did any repairs it would need myself ie. clutch,alternator,etc. until I finally met my match with the water pump and timing, it is now sitting horribly untimed and with possibly a bent valve.8 weeks ago after deciding not to dump anymore money into it and wanting a nicer car, I searched craigslist for a day and found my dream car a mostly stock 1997 240sx le 5spd with just a few tasteful mods and 174k on the ka24de. It has the Ivory leather interior, Isis n1 dual tip exhaust, stage 3 clutch, 350z wheels, and those window trim spoiler things I forget what they're called.
Modest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 AM   #4503
abner

abner is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, I'm Amber...

Hey guys, I'm Amber. I'm new to the forum but, have owned my 1990 240sx sohc for a little over 8 years now. I love her. She is my baby. I am currently in the planning stages of a swap and some repairs that need to be made. I also have a '97 Prelude with the H22 w/vtc. As much as I like the lude, I would take the 240 any day... Hands down. I am looking to increase my mechanical knowledge base and meet some new friends.
abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #4504
Drift McLovin

Drift McLovin is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up everybody! I go by Big D. I have an 89 240sx w/red top SR. I bought it about nine months ago and I've been deployed for the past 4..........fun. Was previously stationed in Japan and owned an R32 GT-R.........I miss her. I def have the love for Nissan. Joined to get more familiar with the SR20.
Drift McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #4505
Mr.Green

Mr.Green is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone

My name is Cody. I just moved to Houston, Tx from Nebraska last march. I love where i live now. I'm 27 and married to an amazing woman that fully supports my love of cars. We have 2 little boys, and 1 more little guy on the way. I am currently enrolled at School of Automotive Machinists (SAM), here in Houston. I own a 1992 s13 HB with a s15 front end. Mechanically its completely stock. I used to own a 1990 300zxTT, it was hell of a fun car, but just sucked to work on. I had always liked the s13, maybe not as much as a z32, but i gave it a chance and i love the little car. I'm the kind of guy that does 90-99% of the work on all my vehicles. I'm self taught and extremely picky. I have always had a high attention to detail. Where most guys say good enough, i do not. To me good enough means lazy. I want people to look at my car and say whoa. OR ask how i did it. Perfect usually isn't good enough for me. I guess that's the Engine Builder in me. Before i moved to Texas i bought an s15 front for my car. I have done a little body work but no painting. A college buddy of mine knew i was moving and offered to paint the car and finish the body work for me because i was going to have to leave the car behind for at least a month before i came back to get it. I was pretty nervous to let someone else do the bodywork instead of me. But he owned a super clean MR2 he did himself so i gave him a chance. 2nd BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! It took him 3 months and cost me $4500. When the car was delivered to me it had a $500 paint job and the body work was just horrible. He totally F'd me. He did more damage than good. Paint inside the car, rough body panels, rough paint, bubbles in the paint, body lines removed that continued other places. Things were installed half-assed. So its back to square one. I was really upset and discouraged and my beautiful wife couldn't stand to see me that way. She told to do what i do. Learn from my mistake and start over do it better and do it right. Right now i haven't touched the body other than realigning some panels. I currently have all the interior ripped out and i am redoing all that first. Future plans i would say are to swap in an LSX and t56 i will build at school, and redo the body to my liking.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #4506
whose5that
Leaky Injector

whose5that is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey names Tom. New! Drive a red 240 coupe in Florida! Supa clean, thinking about doing a single cam turbo!
whose5that is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #4507
240sxlover20

240sxlover20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey

Im james davis im 18 have a 240sx with a sr20det live in fort bragg NC. Love cars and meeting new people its time for me to make some jdm friends in Fayetteville so plz message me if you live here.
240sxlover20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #4508
RUSAW

RUSAW is an unknown quantity at this point
So how is everybody doing? Go by RU. Had a 03 G35 untill i had a run in with a ditch at around 60mph...yeah fun. So i figured id go with something cheaper to work on a 91 S13 hatch. Currently torn apart for rust repair, motor rebuild..etc etc
RUSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:25 AM   #4509
generomero

Trader Rating: (1)
generomero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey my names Gene. I'm 18 from Hayward, CA. just picked up my s13 coupe in October. It's nothing special, stock KA, but it's been reliable. Lovin' it so far! Shout out to people that are also from the Bay Area!
generomero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #4510
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
shaggy sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yo
I'm James from NYC, Midland Michigan, and SoCal. I'm a fucking car whore.I been in the game for so far. u can google "shaggy CNP" ur jaw will drop. and I'm also a member of many forums (shaggy). I used to have a stanced out zenki s14 which was SOLD for 5g. but now I drive s13 silvia coupe and new minivan.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #4511
KAlove

KAlove is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, names Jesse. But you can call me KAlove ahah, getting my first 240sx tomorrow after a lonnnggg wait. But I'm looking forward to learning more about my car, right now its a stock ka24e :/ but it has potential! so lets get going! post pics when I get it!
KAlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #4512
Stein

Stein is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm John

Sorry, but I'm a Miata guy.

Did a DIY turbo including making my own manifold and DP on one Miata with an SR20 T25. Sold it.

Built a V8 powered Miata and fabbed my own front and rear subframes, trans mount, etc. Still have this car.

Currently doing a Miata drivetrain swap into a 1968 SAAB 96. This will be a dedicated track car. The V8 Miata got too expensive to risk binning it on the track.

This undertaking is quite a project as it started out life a V4 FWD car. I installed the floor, firewall, front and rear subframe mounts from the Miata into the SAAB, moved the firewall back 10" and changed it from a 4 seater to a 2 seater. Overall they are essentially the same size cars, the SAAB does have 10" longer wheelbase. This car is also going to be turbo'ed with another SR20 T25 turbo. I'm browsing the FS ads here for one, thus registering. I did want to at least introduce myself for the privilege of using your FS section.

I'd love to throw up some pics but will honor the request of this sticky for no pics.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #4513
stu-jdmoriginals.com

stu-jdmoriginals.com is an unknown quantity at this point
hey im new im 32 live in the united kingdom drive a s14a 200sx on works eqips now with a jdm front bumper with amber bumper light's my Greddy front lip is on a boat from japan once here i will post some new pics check out my car on europe page...

thanks stuart
stu-jdmoriginals.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #4514
shephurd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shephurd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hi I am an owner of a 1989 s13 hatch and am continually seeking knowledge and meeting people . I love the scene and interests that we all have with nissans. I have been lurking this forum for 2 years and have recently made a new account.
shephurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #4515
kloc14

kloc14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys my name is Korey I own a 98 240 auto ka:/
currently looking for a trans swap but no luck
anyways look forward to all the cool stuff and great cars
kloc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #4516
mysniswhack
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
mysniswhack is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
sup guys. names erik. Im from san diego and have a black 97 kouki.
mysniswhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #4517
coryzoom

coryzoom is an unknown quantity at this point
hey zilvia im cory 25 years of age from michigan currently stationed in gulfport mississippi currently deployed to afghanistan .. i just recently bought a 93 240sx hb cant wait to get back state side and play with it
also own a 09 mazda rx8 and mazda3 (which my wife drives)

93 nissan 240sx,09 mazda rx8
coryzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #4518
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

snow hawk is making a name for him/her selfsnow hawk is making a name for him/her self
Hey, I'm Mike, I'm down in Pensacola, and I'm in the Navy. Im working on building my s13 hatch. I sold my 1993 rx7, and decided I wanted to do a drift build, so I bought a shell for $450.00, and went to work. Still got a motor to assemble, but have alot of good parts to go into it.
snow hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #4519
Methodical

Methodical is an unknown quantity at this point
New here

Hey everyone. I've been searching for stuff about my 240 online and with each search this was the top find so i figured it's gotta be good is google named it #1.

Im in the military station in VA.
I recently bought a 91 240sx fastback (black). It has a Stock Sr20det (redtop) and is a 5 speed. this is my third S chassis. I had a 180sx in Oki till it broke and a S14 (Q) with a swapped Sr20det (blacktop) and after that blew up i swapped it for a friend's RB20det (sounded sooooo mean). I had an Evo 5 for a while too (but ya'll don't want to hear about that).

i have a lot of work that needs to be done to my new 240 but at least it runs. I'm located in the Stafford, VA area just off the 610 near the 1 (for all my VA heads).

Im glad to be back in a 240. wish i never had to get rid of my other cars but life goes on. Hopefully i'll be able to attend some meets or get to a track in the next year or so one the car is up to par. apologies if i missed anything, i'm bad at intros
Methodical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #4520
tman7878

tman7878 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Guys,

I'm from Edmonton,Alberta, Canada and studying mechanical engineering at the university of Alberta.
Been lurking for a while and have a build thread on GTRC and 240sxfoums. Figured my first post better be here. I'm almost done an rb26 swap into an s13. Hopefully when I'm done the build I'll throw together a build thread.
tman7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #4521
BIGTY

BIGTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, my name is Ty from NY and I have a Lexus VIP GS but I love the cars here.
BIGTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #4522
HardVision

HardVision is an unknown quantity at this point
Howdy,

Names Kenneth, I'm from Bellevue, WA. I'm a mechanic at a vintage race shop, help run a new starter drift program at Pacific Raceways, crew chief of a FD Pro-Am car and have my crap can s13 on the side that takes up the rest of the free time I have.
HardVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #4523
adub1992

adub1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
My names Adam, I'm in the army - currently stationed at ft Bragg. Not really new to the thread, just haven't used it often in the past. Bought my first 240 when i was 17, a 93 fastback with a KA24de which i ended up blowing the motor on and, at the time, i didn't have the money for an SR20 (or any new motor at that) so it was scrapped. This past november i bought an S14 with S15 engine and tranny, already had a lot of work done. It's not half bad but i kind of wish it was more... stock, haha.
adub1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #4524
Killercd4G63

Killercd4G63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Everyone.
My name is Chad.
New to the forum, Have a little interest in a few Datsuns. Just like to get some info and such on them. Spent some time in your Marketplace section before. My main driven cars are my 91' Miata & 04' Evolution VIII SSL.

Thanks!
Killercd4G63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 AM   #4525
JadedNazgul
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
JadedNazgul is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hey everyone, my name is Andrew and I'm from Los Angeles. I own a 95 s14 zenki which I've had for almost eight years now. Unfortunately my car was stolen last month by some piece of shit individuals. I decided to keep my car and rebuild.

I mostly lurk the forum but i hope to start contributing more.
JadedNazgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #4526
jreyes10

jreyes10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone my name is Josh and I have 2 (soon to be 1 unfortunately) 280zxs my pride and joy dd 79 and my l28et swapped 80. I joined because I enjoy looking through the build threads and other peoples input on what is going on in the forum world ha cheers!
jreyes10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #4527
HotBoxAndDrift

HotBoxAndDrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey what's up zilvians? My names Brandon, and I have a 1993 hatch 240sx. Black in black, swapped ka outa a 95. Unfortunately I tried to drift a corner with a car full of fat dudes, and smashed my front end.... Lucky she still runs and drives perfectly, just bent the frame a bit... And the whole front end is fucked. But hey, live and learn.
HotBoxAndDrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #4528
wiltse0

wiltse0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to wiltse0 Send a message via Yahoo to wiltse0
hello!

hi zilvia, i'm ryan and i just bought my first 240sx! it's a white 1991 se fastback totally bone stock with a 5 speed .
wiltse0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #4529
moostang09

moostang09 is an unknown quantity at this point
My name is Sean and I'm from the DFW area! Let me know about some meets and hope to meet some of y'all!

New to this forum but not forums in general. I'm a mustang guy and bought my first 240 last week. It's a '93 fastback, 5 speed and bone stock. Needs a few pieces to get the puzzle all back together. Clutch, front main seal and the normal tune up. Looking at getting it drive able by the end of this week! Looking forward to the knowledge this board has and learning some new things!

The 240 will be my dd and I have a 2013 Mustang GT for a fun/build car.
moostang09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #4530
BIGTY

BIGTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey everyone, my name is Ty and I'm from NY. I own a 2000 GS 400 VIP style. here is a link for my ride!
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-s...ig-tys-gs.html
BIGTY is offline   Reply With Quote